Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

25 minutes ago, Styx_Linoone said:

So Tikal just got confirmed. It's guaranteed she'll be one of my mains.

Now all we need is some confirmation that Sticks will be added granted the folks at Sega approve.

So Tikal just got confirmed? Where? When? By who? It's not hard to post sources. If you can't post a link (and I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to), at least tell us where you got the news from. 

Seriously. Post sources, people. It's not hard.

• The title was changed to Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio)

Tikal is honestly the most shocking character they could have added. I can't even remember the last time she was in a game.

I swear, the next charactet they add is gonna be Maria at this rate.

I’m super excited to see Tikal being added to the game. It’s been so long since she was playable in anything other than the ill-fated Runners. :)  

• Thumbs Up 2

They're obviously really branching out to get in as many characters as possible - at this rate we could end up with Emerl and Eggman! It'll be intersting to see if they'll ever finally do Infinite.... I get why they didn't put him in initially, as him being playable would break the 'logic' of the game plot, such as it is - but with so many crazy characters which have nothing to do with Forces crammed in now, they should be able to put him in without too much issue.

At this point, the "Forces" branding is nothing more than a legacy holdover. The game is basically Sonic Dash Multiplayer Edition. Had the game been made at any other time, it would probably just be called Sonic Dash Battle or something else to that effect. They're just going to continue adding characters because they're relatively quick and easy to do and keep the audience engaged. I wouldn't say that anyone is off the cards really. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thumbs13 said:

Tikal is honestly the most shocking character they could have added. 

Not really. Tikal's appearances haven't been the equivalent to the SEGA Boneyard or anything. She was playable in Runners before that got canned and we saw her show up in that Chao in Space animation. At the very least she's been around.

I'm honestly still more surprised by Long Claw. I figured Movie Sonic and Baby Sonic would have been sufficient enough promotion for the film. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So they finally got Tikal out of the light. So who's left outside of Eggman, Infinite, and ideally Gemerl?

Commander Tower?

Pachacamac?

The President's secretary?

Not that surprised. If Shadow is first among "recurring-but-not-core-classic-cast", then Tikal is first among "gone-but-keeps-appearing-in-places-like-this".

Right now I'm most worried about Sticks. It's do-or-die since Sega claimed Boom is dead. I know their word doesn't mean much, they claimed Big the Cat is going to retire, but actions will held more meaning.
Right now they they desperately scrap the barrel for characters with some appeal and Sticks is just sitting there, TV shows still fresh in mind of kids and her models from recent games possibly still good enough to re-use here (I think that 's how it works). If they honestly ignore her, she's officially dead for next few years.

Other guesses from me

Spoiler

What's taking them so long?: Eggman and Infinite

Fairly good change:
Rest of Deadly Six
Dodon Pa
Eggman Nega (he still lives in Olympics)
Mighty, Ray & Classic Tails/Knuckles/Amy (when they announce Mania 2)

Pretty Small Chances
Emerl/Gemerl
Orbot & Cubot
Werehog & Chip (if he isn't too small)
Lesser Classic Cast (Heavies, Metal, Fang?)

If They Really Desperate
Mephiles
Gamma
Tails Doll
Marine
Whiskers
Tangle, Whisper or Sally Acorn (HA! unlikely)

Or you know, crossovers. Nights, Jet Set Radio, Angry Birds. That's usually a safe bet.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Right now I'm most worried about Sticks, it's do-or-die since, Sega claimed Boom is dead. I know their word doesn't mean much, they claimed Big the Cat is going to retire, but actions will held more meaning.
Right now they they desperately scrap the barrel for characters with some appeal and Sticks is just sitting there, TV shows still fresh in mind of kids and her models from recent games possibly still good enough to re-use here (I think that 's how it works). If they honestly ignore her, she's officially dead for next few years.

Is there any reason why they're ignoring such a great character when other favorites like the Babylon Rogues or Cream is in the game? I'm concerned about Hardlight including Sticks in the roster.

Not long after Tikal was confirmed for Runners, we got confirmation on Sticks, along with Werehog. I'm worried the same won't apply here too.

Okay, my thoughts on the game: it's basically Sonic Racing Online (on-foot) with main Sonic locations, some from Forces (City, Sand Green Hill, Mystic Jungle) plus one from Generations (Sky Sanctuary) and the Movie (Golden Bay with Escape from the City remix). So it's a mix of Forces and other Modern Sonic stuff, Classic Sonic, and Movie. 

The thing is, they keep updating it because there are no major new games at the moment. I honestly like it, it's well made, full of content, just fun to play. Of course the microtransactions are very annoying, but whatever. I managed to unlock everything without paying ANYTHING. Including the movie characters, and super rare characters, I only need Shadow and Zavok now. It's still plenty of fun, you receive a lot of chests and prizes if you climb the leaderboards, if you are actually good at the game.

About the possible characters:

IMO they could add Mephiles and Emerl, even the Werehog, it's possible, Mephiles is dead, SEGA confirmed it, but he was playable in Runners, he got a name in Sonic Olympics, Emerl (not G), is also a name in Olympics mobile, he was a costume in the series until Rio. They MAY use him.

They are just minor characters, they are still available. The Werehog was also playable in Runners.

Other Zeti: Maybe, SEGA cares about the whole team, just Zavok and Zazz mostly, as for the others, they have appeared in Runners, got names in Olympics 2020 mobile. That's it. Possible.

Sticks and Infinite are the most tricky: Infinite... he isn't 100% gone, there is merch of him, so why not? IMO SEGA has plans for him to come back in a major appearance, main game, so they won't waste his return for comics or mobile games, spin-offs, etc.

Sticks, I'm really afraid she is gone... she's so adorable, but SEGA just wants Boom dead and buried. But then... Sticks was a preselected name in Olympics mobile, just now, I really have no idea at this point! I hope she appears.

6 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

Sticks, I'm really afraid she is gone... she's so adorable, but SEGA just wants Boom dead and buried. But then... Sticks was a preselected name in Olympics mobile, just now, I really have no idea at this point! I hope she appears.

Wait, what? I never noticed that detail. Maybe I need to play the Olympics mobile to find out. Maybe they're just taking it slow with the character first.

Spoiler

15 hours ago, thumbs13 said:

I swear, the next charactet they add is gonna be Maria at this rate.

I recognized this as a sarcastic subjection at first.

But then I remembered it technically happened!

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not that surprised. If Shadow is first among "recurring-but-not-core-classic-cast", then Tikal is first among "gone-but-keeps-appearing-in-places-like-this".

She was one of the only SA2 multiplayer characters still left and Chaos was already, so....

I know their word doesn't mean much, they claimed Big the Cat is going to retire, but actions will held more meaning.

To be fair, they actually did retire Big for a long while, even removing him from Generations. It's just that they were fine with Archie continuing to use him alongside other then unused characters.

She and Dodon Pa were stated to have been introduced with the intention of sticking around afterwards, so it really is a matter of when they decide to use her again.

Other guesses from me

Hide contents

Almost definitely must join: Eggman and Infinite

Fairly good change:
Rest of Deadly Six
Dodon Pa
Eggman Nega (he still lives in Olympics)
Mighty, Ray & Classic Tails/Knuckles/Amy (when they announce Mania 2)

Pretty Small Chances
Emerl/Gemerl
Orbot & Cubot
Werehog & Chip (if he isn't too small)
Lesser Classic Cast (Heavies, Metal, Fang?)

If They Really Desperate
Mephiles
Gamma
Tails Doll
Marine
Whiskers
Tangle, Whisper or Sally Acorn (HA! unlikely)

Or you know, crossovers. Nights, Jet Set Radio, Angry Birds. That's usually a safe bet.

Spoiler

Now that you mention it, this would be a good space for Marine to come back. There was also Shade evidently, depending on how they feel now.

Although you also remind me that there's basically little reason why Tangle can't get in

2 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

Okay, my thoughts on the game: it's basically Sonic Racing Online (on-foot) with main Sonic locations, some from Forces (City, Sand Green Hill, Mystic Jungle) plus one from Generations (Sky Sanctuary) and the Movie (Golden Bay with Escape from the City remix). So it's a mix of Forces and other Modern Sonic stuff, Classic Sonic, and Movie.

Oh, that's from the movie! I was wondering about the name.

The thing is, they keep updating it because there are no major new games at the moment. I honestly like it, it's well made, full of content, just fun to play. Of course the microtransactions are very annoying, but whatever. I managed to unlock everything without paying ANYTHING. Including the movie characters, and super rare characters, I only need Shadow and Zavok now. It's still plenty of fun, you receive a lot of chests and prizes if you climb the leaderboards, if you are actually good at the game.

Wow.

There's something funny about that.

About the possible characters:

IMO they could add Mephiles and Emerl, even the Werehog, it's possible, Mephiles is dead, SEGA confirmed it, but he was playable in Runners, he got a name in Sonic Olympics, Emerl (not G), is also a name in Olympics mobile, he was a costume in the series until Rio. They MAY use him.

They are just minor characters, they are still available. The Werehog was also playable in Runners.

Other Zeti: Maybe, SEGA cares about the whole team, just Zavok and Zazz mostly, as for the others, they have appeared in Runners, got names in Olympics 2020 mobile. That's it. Possible.

Sticks and Infinite are the most tricky: Infinite... he isn't 100% gone, there is merch of him, so why not? IMO SEGA has plans for him to come back in a major appearance, main game, so they won't waste his return for comics or mobile games, spin-offs, etc.

A name in the Olympics? In what context

41 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

It's one of those preselected user names.

Oh, like in Colors.

I'm gonna assume that's in there because many of those were characters or at least costumes in previous games

Damn infinite still not in the game huh

9 hours ago, Styx_Linoone said:

Is there any reason why they're ignoring such a great character when other favorites like the Babylon Rogues or Cream is in the game? I'm concerned about Hardlight including Sticks in the roster.

Not long after Tikal was confirmed for Runners, we got confirmation on Sticks, along with Werehog. I'm worried the same won't apply here too.

They are leaning heavy on nostalgia and sticks is a relatively new character from a brand that lost them a lot of money and failed. And they are blaming the things from the brand or just don't want them to be seen rather than going in and understanding where the failure occured.

You know like they did with the adventure era shit before. And like before it wont fix their dev problems

12 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

He may have gotten upgrade from that. Would explain the severe personality focus. That's what happened to knuckles, knuckles got mad stupid.

Rambling aside you right

Okay, so I didnt' manage to unlock Long Claw or either movie Sonics before yesterday, in which the game had an update and then was down for maintanence. Booted it up just now and you can still get them through the Tails Vault feature via the appropriate amount of Cards(around 180, 60-something for each)...which have to pay 9.99 to make happen, even if you have collected, like, 227 cards at that point.

What. The Fuck.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, so I didnt' manage to unlock Long Claw or either movie Sonics before yesterday, in which the game had an update and then was down for maintanence. Booted it up just now and you can still get them through the Tails Vault feature via the appropriate amount of Cards(around 180, 60-something for each)...which have to pay 9.99 to make happen, even if you have collected, like, 227 cards at that point.

What. The Fuck.

The Tails Vault is a fairly recent addition - it's basically there to give you the option of doubling your special cards.... if you're willing to pay 9.99. It's not a necessary feature though, I've only used it once (on a whim for movie Sonic, when it was an abnormally long event giving thousands of cards) and have managed to unlock all but one of the other characters without it.

Special Character events are cycled through fairly regularly, so you'll get more chances to get Long Claw.

1 hour ago, Nestor said:

The Tails Vault is a fairly recent addition - it's basically there to give you the option of doubling your special cards.... if you're willing to pay 9.99. It's not a necessary feature though, I've only used it once (on a whim for movie Sonic, when it was an abnormally long event giving thousands of cards) and have managed to unlock all but one of the other characters without it.

Special Character events are cycled through fairly regularly, so you'll get more chances to get Long Claw.

That's informative to hear, but why couldn't I just use the cards I had to purchase her? I had more than enough, yet I didn't see a nonmonetary option and so just hit the home button.

I’m kinda shocked that this game is still receiving updates and such. I kinda assume after the main game stopped being all that relevant, this would have ended up becoming abandoned. Then again, considering “Sonic Dash” is still getting major updates even after being around for 7 years, I suppose it shouldn’t be too surprising.

It’s kinda weird how the game hasn’t been rebranded yet to remove the “Forces” name, since the relation between the two games seems to decrease with every passing update.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That's informative to hear, but why couldn't I just use the cards I had to purchase her? I had more than enough, yet I didn't see a nonmonetary option and so just hit the home button.

That's weird; I thought characters unlocked automatically once you had the required number of cards?

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

That's weird; I thought characters unlocked automatically once you had the required number of cards?

If they did, I don't know. I'll have to check.

EDIT: Brainfart, yes, regular characters do. That's how I've unlocked the other characters I have.

Like I said, a screen with how much each cost in cards, how many cards I have, and the price button of 9.99 was what I was given after being told that the season was technically over. With seemingly no conventional way of deferring or even exiting it without a purchase, so I just hit the home button and ignored the game entirely.

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

If they did, I don't know. I'll have to check.

Like I said, a screen with how much each cost in cards, how many cards I have, and the price button of 9.99 was what I was given after being told that the season was technically over. With seemingly no conventional way of deferring or even exiting it without a purchase, so I just hit the home button and ignored the game entirely.

Whenever you win enough cards to unlock a character, they unlock automatically - the bonus cards that are held in the vault however are an extra you can optionally purchase and so don't count until you buy them, you can't get them any other way, and at the end of the season you get one final chance to buy them before the vault empties.

Don't worry though, you're not losing anything per se - you still get every card you win in the races, the vault is only a bonus that would essentially double what you won; it's nice, but unnecessary.

49 minutes ago, Nestor said:

Whenever you win enough cards to unlock a character, they unlock automatically - the bonus cards that are held in the vault however are an extra you can optionally purchase and so don't count until you buy them, you can't get them any other way, and at the end of the season you get one final chance to buy them before the vault empties.

Don't worry though, you're not losing anything per se - you still get every card you win in the races, the vault is only a bonus that would essentially double what you won; it's nice, but unnecessary.

Sooo...Long Claw and the other two will unlock anyway if I hit discard?

Here's a quick [read: blurry] shot of the screen I'm referring to, btw

image.png.d0377d63202e40aa139170295822f44e.png

It's too blurry to say for certain, but I don't think they've been unlocked yet, or else the bar at the bottom of their icon should be green (enough cards to level up) or purple (not enough).

Buying the vault might give you enough, but you'd need to calculate how many are in the vault versus how many you need.

By the way, what device are you using? You should be able to take screenshots. If it's iOS, clicking the home and power buttons at the same time should do it.

2 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

It's too blurry to say for certain, but I don't think they've been unlocked yet, or else the bar at the bottom of their icon should be green (enough cards to level up) or purple (not enough).

Buying the vault might give you enough, but you'd need to calculate how many are in the vault versus how many you need.

By the way, what device are you using? You should be able to take screenshots. If it's iOS, clicking the home and power buttons at the same time should do it.

The open vault aka pay button is yellow, although all three of their icons are Green. 

I'm trying to get around outright buying anything, tbh.

As for my phone, it's a Droid.