Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Sooo...Long Claw and the other two will unlock anyway if I hit discard?

Here's a quick [read: blurry] shot of the screen I'm referring to, btw

image.png.d0377d63202e40aa139170295822f44e.png

How many cards do you have for Long Claw and the each of the others, individually? If it's over 300, they should be unlocked already. The vault makes an additional copy of every card you win, so whatever the number of cards is in the vault should match the number you actually won already.

2 hours ago, Nestor said:

How many cards do you have for Long Claw and the each of the others, individually? If it's over 300, they should be unlocked already. The vault makes an additional copy of every card you win, so whatever the number of cards is in the vault should match the number you actually won already.

Long Claw in particular had 62, with the others being in a similar range-- whether that's how many I had or how many I need, I don't know.

Now that you've mentioned 300 though, I think that was the total needed originally. Too bad I couldn't pick a character to focus on before, otherwise I'd have focused on her.

And it's not like I have money to really spend on this either.

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Long Claw in particular had 62, with the others being in a similar range-- whether that's how many I had or how many I need, I don't know.

Now that you've mentioned 300 though, I think that was the total needed originally. Too bad I couldn't pick a character to focus on before, otherwise I'd have focused on her.

And it's not like I have money to really spend on this either.

Ah - in that case, it sounds like you'd have been out of the range to unlock her anyway unfortunately, even if you'd bought the vault's cards. If the vault says you have 62 Long Claw cards in it, that would mean that you already have won 62 Long Claw cards, and as it's 300 cards to unlock initially, you'd only have 124 if you get the vault ones too. It takes a lot for the initial unlock, but once you've done that, the cards needed to level up are much lower (30 cards to level 2, 60 to level 3, etc).

It sounds like you joined the game during the joint Long Claw/movie Sonics event and missed out on the previous event which was Long Claw only - don't worry though, they cycle through events for the various special characters so there'll be chances to get her again!

16 minutes ago, Nestor said:

Ah - in that case, it sounds like you'd have been out of the range to unlock her anyway unfortunately, even if you'd bought the vault's cards. If the vault says you have 62 Long Claw cards in it, that would mean that you already have won 62 Long Claw cards, and as it's 300 cards to unlock initially, you'd only have 124 if you get the vault ones too. It takes a lot for the initial unlock, but once you've done that, the cards needed to level up are much lower (30 cards to level 2, 60 to level 3, etc).

It sounds like you joined the game during the joint Long Claw/movie Sonics event and missed out on the previous event which was Long Claw only - don't worry though, they cycle through events for the various special characters so there'll be chances to get her again!

That's what I was afraid was totally the case and that's accurate.

Oh well, maybe more cards will go into her at random if they don't just get eaten by Classic or another unlocked at this point.

There was a topic for this, no idea what happened (it was likely superflous), so I'm gonna post here:

Who I think will be added next? I'm considering the characters who are very minor right now, but still sort of present in bits here and there. So...

Dr. Eggman (on the egg mobile, it could work, it's weird he still hasn't been added)

Sonic the Werehog (recently appeared in: Sonic Runners, as costume in Olympics up to Rio, the skateboard)

Mephiles (recently appeared in: Sonic Runners, the skateboard, preselected name in Olympics mobile)

Emerl (recently appeared in: as costume in Olympics up to Rio, IDW comics as Gemerl, preselected name in Olympics mobile)

Sticks (recently appeared in: outside of Boom... Sonic Channel wallpapers and comics, Sonic Runners, Rio Olympics, preselected name in Olympics mobile, Battle Racers boardgame)

Infinite (recently appeared in: Forces, the plush, Monopoly Gamer, Smash Bros. Ultimate as spirit, Battle Racers boardgame)

Zomom (recently appeared in: IDW comics, preselected name in Olympics mobile)

Omochao (recently appeared in: Rio, Tokyo and mobile Olympics as NPC, Sonic Runners as buddy, Team Sonic Racing as playable)

Neo Metal Sonic (recently appeared in: IDW comics, the skateboard)

Am I forgetting anyone? These people have a chance, not all of them will be in, but some may make it in.

3 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

There was a topic for this, no idea what happened (it was likely superflous), so I'm gonna post here:

Who I think will be added next? I'm considering the characters who are very minor right now, but still sort of present in bits here and there. So...

Dr. Eggman (on the egg mobile, it could work, it's weird he still hasn't been added)

Sonic the Werehog (recently appeared in: Sonic Runners, as costume in Olympics up to Rio, the skateboard)

Mephiles (recently appeared in: Sonic Runners, the skateboard, preselected name in Olympics mobile)

Emerl (recently appeared in: as costume in Olympics up to Rio, IDW comics as Gemerl, preselected name in Olympics mobile)

Sticks (recently appeared in: outside of Boom... Sonic Channel wallpapers and comics, Sonic Runners, Rio Olympics, preselected name in Olympics mobile, Battle Racers boardgame)

Infinite (recently appeared in: Forces, the plush, Monopoly Gamer, Smash Bros. Ultimate as spirit, Battle Racers boardgame)

Zomom (recently appeared in: IDW comics, preselected name in Olympics mobile)

Omochao (recently appeared in: Rio, Tokyo and mobile Olympics as NPC, Sonic Runners as buddy, Team Sonic Racing as playable)

Neo Metal Sonic (recently appeared in: IDW comics, the skateboard)

Am I forgetting anyone? These people have a chance, not all of them will be in, but some may make it in.

Sticks and maybe Infinite seem the most likely among that list and yet the most Shakey, depending on SonicTeam's mood. An original of that rumored new show from a few years ago would inevitably get exposure as well.

Humourous to think it'll be Zomom before Zor or Master Zik, but I suppose he'd at least be unambiguously a yellow orb.

Wait, is base Metal in this behind the paywall?

As for other picks, Gamma, Pachacamac, the President, Commander Tower, and despite my joke, the Secretary, Maria, Elise, Pickle, and Buddy are kind of reaches for a couple of reasons. 

Lumina and Void would be pretty deep cut, but again they're inclusion is only procurable by Mephiles and the Werehog coming back from Runners, especially with the alternate costumes.

Shahra, Erazor, Merlina, the Black Knight, and come to think of it, the Shapebots, Yacker, and after the fact Dodon Pa are a weird tug of war between being in Runners in some form and breaking the design mentalities. But then Long Claw kinda dashes that, doesn't she? 

Perhaps the weirdest shoe-in of all would have to be strewth ol Marine. As with Emerl, Tikal, and for some reason Chip, she's had an allusion in the Olympics since the second and it is very much worth noting that she was advertised as if she's a major recurring character in places like Sonic Universe(which never failed to include her on covers, to my recollection), the SEGA mandated Olympic issue from preboot, and the Sonic Channel anniversary comics. Even things like a direct mention in Colors DS and maybe getting a no for a quick scripted appearance in an upcoming IDW issue point to her still being a significant part of Sonic Team's consciousness, for some reason.

The only things standing against her getting in would be her lack of popularity(though I recall Iuzuka being amused when a question about her caused him to ask if people wanted her back) or even relevance in recent years(the Zeti at least had Zavok as a talon in the door), said IDW delay meaning they don't intend to show her willy billy now, and perhaps the most bizarre corporate logic that makes perfect sense, an assumption that people would mistake her for Sticks if added first. Those things could very well bottle neck before giving way to the other precedence, though. The Coconut Crew plus Gardon(an inverted Planet of Hats), Captain Whisker, and Johnny would also be prime inclusions if she made it in too.

And if we really wanna reach, there's still the E-10000s, SCR units, regular Chao, Eggrobo(grandfather clause ala Metal), and things like Kiki.

I just listed the most plausible ones, that had cameos, names, merch, appeared in comics or anything.

I didn't include anything from minor handheld titles like Rush Adventure, and that's all Marine was in, so I would say no.

Sticks is the only spin-off character that made it into Olympic crossovers and mobile games, that's why I though to include her in this hypothesis.

Emerl and Mephiles are mostly forgotten too, but you never know. Omochao was playable in TSR though, so it's possible, I wouldn't rule it out, but most likely not.

Orbot and Cubot would be cool, I just don't think of them as playable characters.

I didn't think of Merlina, Black Knight or Shahra or Erazor because they are only spin-off ones, and mostly one-offs.

Chip is not 100% forgotten but not playable material, like Orbot and Cubot.

Neo Metal is really unlikely, I just thought of him because of IDW and the skateboard.

For a reminder, the current roster is:

Common - Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Charmy, Omega, Classic Sonic, Silver.

Rare - Rouge, Espio, Vector, Blaze, Cream, Jet, Wave, Storm.

Super Rare - Shadow, Zavok, Zazz, Zeena, Metal Sonic, Big, Chaos, Tikal.

Special (Event only) - Slugger Sonic, All-Star Amy, Santa Big, Elf Classic Sonic, Lunar Blaze, Lantern Silver, Spring Cream, Ice Slicer Jet, Tidal Wave, Tropical Storm, Reaper Metal Sonic, Vampire Shadow, Witch Rouge, Teen Sonic, Baby Sonic, Longclaw.

56 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

I just listed the most plausible ones, that had cameos, names, merch, appeared in comics or anything.

I didn't include anything from minor handheld titles like Rush Adventure, and that's all Marine was in, so I would say no.

Mephiles are mostly forgotten too, but you never know.

Robot Reaction GIF

56 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

For a reminder, the current roster is:

Common - Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Charmy, Omega, Classic Sonic, Silver.

Rare - Rouge, Espio, Vector, Blaze, Cream, Jet, Wave, Storm.

Super Rare - Shadow, Zavok, Zazz, Zeena, Metal Sonic, Big, Chaos, Tikal.

Special (Event only) - Slugger Sonic, All-Star Amy, Santa Big, Elf Classic Sonic, Lunar Blaze, Lantern Silver, Spring Cream, Ice Slicer Jet, Tidal Wave, Tropical Storm, Reaper Metal Sonic, Vampire Shadow, Witch Rouge, Teen Sonic, Baby Sonic, Longclaw.

Jet's rare? Funny, he was the first character I unlocked alongside Tails and Knuckles.

Good to know that I have all the commons and two rares though, with another potentially in the works. Better get to work on having Tikal fill in for my Long Claw fixing.

Also, Slugger and All-Star?

I have a pretty good few Rare characters, like Jet, Longclaw, Zavok and Tikal.

Jet is probably the easiest Rare character to unlock.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd unironically love it if they took a bit of a deep dive and added in some really obscure or just odd human characters. It'd be great fun to play as Maria, Elise or Professor Pickle. There are other choices like Sticks, Infinite or the Werehog that would be far more plausible, but with the cast of the game already so full of damn near everyone, why not have a bit of fun with some outlandish curveballs?

8 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I'd unironically love it if they took a bit of a deep dive and added in some really outlanding human characters. It'd be great fun to play as Maria, Elise or Professor Pickle. There are other choices like Sticks, Infinite or the Werehog that would be far more predictable, but with the cast of the game already so full of damn near everyone, why not have a bit of fun with some outlandish curveballs?

Might as well. Not sure how attacking's gonna work, but maybe they'll come up with something not painful looking .

SEGA will probably not allow Sticks and Infinite and the rest in, let alone Maria, Pickle and Elise who would be fun gags... they must HATE fun I guess.

If this game doesn't get shut down, we'll probably get some weird characters way down the line.   But currently, when we don't even have Eggman in the game, probably gonna play it a bit safe.

I'm sure Sticks would've long been in the game if HL had permission - she's playable in Dash 2 and that game was used as a base when Forces started development, so they could easily port her animations like they did with Blaze, Cream and a couple others from Dash. There's always the chance Sega will change their mind on her, though, especially with the picks getting more bottom-of-the-barrel now, except for the weird absence of Eggman.

Personally, I'd love to see Gemerl and Marine because of how long it's been for both of them...and granted, IDW warming me up to Gemerl.

So as of the last two days, I now add Espio and Tikal to the roster; I have also seen Blaze, Vector, and even Metal included in the points accrued as rewards and I was pretty sure the later was behind a pay wall with the other villains.

Funny how relatively easy(via two or three days of infrequent play) a super rare event character can be to unlock when they're the only one.

Incidentally, I have seen Zazz, Zavok, and Shadow an odd race and goodness, the former is an asshole. I seldom got hit, but boy was the track frequented with Stars; I've seen Cream from time to time for a while now, but but man are her attacks obstructive when she actually decides to use it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/11/2020 at 1:36 AM, DabigRG said:

So as of the last two days, I now add Espio and Tikal to the roster; I have also seen Blaze, Vector, and even Metal included in the points accrued as rewards and I was pretty sure the later was behind a pay wall with the other villains.

Funny how relatively easy(via two or three days of infrequent play) a super rare event character can be to unlock when they're the only one.

Incidentally, I have seen Zazz, Zavok, and Shadow an odd race and goodness, the former is an asshole. I seldom got hit, but boy was the track frequented with Stars; I've seen Cream from time to time for a while now, but but man are her attacks obstructive when she actually decides to use it.

Happily, none of the characters are actually paywall only, although it can seem like that - you can get cards for the Super Rare characters without paying anything. Gold chests will always give a few, as do the rarer chests (I've had a bunch of Emerald Chests pop up at random intervals), and very occasionally the free chest will give you 50 Super Rare cards, which is always welcome! Once you get to higher levels the monthly season reward will net you 30 Super Rare cards as well.

3 hours ago, Nestor said:

Happily, none of the characters are actually paywall only, although it can seem like that - you can get cards for the Super Rare characters without paying anything. Gold chests will always give a few, as do the rarer chests (I've had a bunch of Emerald Chests pop up at random intervals), and very occasionally the free chest will give you 50 Super Rare cards, which is always welcome! Once you get to higher levels the monthly season reward will net you 30 Super Rare cards as well.

Guess that explains why I was given some free Tikal points when I booted up just now.

Her boost is fast as shit, btw.

Edit: I almost unlocked Vector and after several lost matches with no ads, I suddenly got one for "Our Life." I just decided to laugh it off.

In the meanwhile, I've got the "curse" this season too... this time a bit earlier than usual. Don't worry, I'll get another "curse" near the end of the season, it happens all the times.

A couple of hours ago I was at 6.030; a perfect streak of 4th places against weak players and now I'm at 5.800, stuck there, and it only append in a few races, -30 trophies per race on average. If I play I gain 5 trophies from winning and lose 30 trophies from defeats (it keeps me around 5.800 wathever I do), my player level is 15 but it acts as if it's 1, the controls are non-existent (the character automatically moves into traps and walls when you touch the screen, regardless of your actual input, and some small freezes will let you teleport through the item capsules and sometimes rings too, without getting them obviously) and there are the usual other cheats as always... except that now the attack spammers don't appear anymore, the game went back to the good old way of cheating.

nice.png.23e75fa1efb082ad2f1dfde0896d79a5.png

Look at that temple, isn't it beautiful?

Thank you Hardlight.

21 hours ago, Iko said:

In the meanwhile, I've got the "curse" this season too... this time a bit earlier than usual. Don't worry, I'll get another "curse" near the end of the season, it happens all the times.

A couple of hours ago I was at 6.030; a perfect streak of 4th places against weak players and now I'm at 5.800, stuck there, and it only append in a few races, -30 trophies per race on average. If I play I gain 5 trophies from winning and lose 30 trophies from defeats (it keeps me around 5.800 wathever I do), my player level is 15 but it acts as if it's 1, the controls are non-existent (the character automatically moves into traps and walls when you touch the screen, regardless of your actual input, and some small freezes will let you teleport through the item capsules and sometimes rings too, without getting them obviously) and there are the usual other cheats as always... except that now the attack spammers don't appear anymore, the game went back to the good old way of cheating.

nice.png.23e75fa1efb082ad2f1dfde0896d79a5.png

Look at that temple, isn't it beautiful?

Thank you Hardlight.

I hate to say it, but.... none of these issues happen for me (outside of the occasional loss of connection) and I'm currently on the elite tier at level 15.

If this is happening regularly to you, do you think it could be something wrong with your copy of the game - would it be worth reinstalling?

53 minutes ago, Nestor said:

I hate to say it, but.... none of these issues happen for me (outside of the occasional loss of connection) and I'm currently on the elite tier at level 15.

If this is happening regularly to you, do you think it could be something wrong with your copy of the game - would it be worth reinstalling?

I recovered almost all the lost trophies, currently I'm at 6.025 (I don't know for how long it will last). Usually when this happens, it lasts for 2, 3 or even 4 days, this time I recovered it in just one day it seems... for now at least.

Anyway, my old phone broke and I'm already using a different phone, so I obviously reinstalled the game, and it acts the same.

The problems usually happens

• when I play more than usual
  • when I'm close to the end of the season

The former is exactly what happend yesterday... recently I'm playing more than usual in order to grind as many Tikal cards as I can (I even spent a lot of red star rings to get extra missions), and by playing more, I also got more trophies, probably too many. I think that this is the cause, it's likely just balancing... unrespectful and frustrating balancing.

When it happens close to the end of a season, I think it's in order to keep the people playing. Some people place high in the chart a few days before the end of the season, then they stop playing until the season ends in order to record the score without the risk of losing points. If the game makes you lose a lot of points a few days before you stop, you are motivated to continue playing until the end in order to gain those points back. It's also the reason for why the special events now end in the first couple of days of the new month instead of before the end of the month, so people play until the end and start the new season too, in oder words to addict the player. This is also pretty unrespectful IMO, but it's a mobile game, what do you expect.

It seems that the loss of trophies is connected to the placement of other players in the regional chart. Most of the times the game forces you to stay behind a certain player (in the regional chart) and every time you get closer to it, you will face another unfair race next that will nullify all your progresses and keep you behind that specific player. I'm not completely sure about this, but as I said, this "curse" happend to me A LOT of times already, and it seems to act this way. On a side note, occasionally I've seen other players in the regional chart getting the same treatment as me (losing 200 or more trophies all of a sudden and staying stuck for a few days), so maybe I'm not the only one getting this.

Also, since there are players who reach 7.000 without many problems, I suspect that there's a way to stop the game from applying those handicaps. I don't know, maybe being active in the official discord or something, or maybe purchasing stuff. I'm not going to try neither way, I'm not even sure for how long I'll continue playing this game (I already left once last year, and I may leave again if I feel to).

For sure I've learned a lesson, this is the first and last mobile freemium game that I'll ever play in my life.

Ive unlocked Vector and Rouge, but just saw the game shit the bed entirely: the other characters disappeared for half a minute and none of the items I collected appeared or worked. Then when the wifi signal appeared again, the camera suddenly zoomed up to the right and Omega was jogging against a fallen pillar before the game finally said I lost the signal and returned straight to the character select.

23 hours ago, Iko said:

I recovered almost all the lost trophies, currently I'm at 6.025 (I don't know for how long it will last). Usually when this happens, it lasts for 2, 3 or even 4 days, this time I recovered it in just one day it seems... for now at least.

Anyway, my old phone broke and I'm already using a different phone, so I obviously reinstalled the game, and it acts the same.

The problems usually happens

• when I play more than usual
  • when I'm close to the end of the season

The former is exactly what happend yesterday... recently I'm playing more than usual in order to grind as many Tikal cards as I can (I even spent a lot of red star rings to get extra missions), and by playing more, I also got more trophies, probably too many. I think that this is the cause, it's likely just balancing... unrespectful and frustrating balancing.

When it happens close to the end of a season, I think it's in order to keep the people playing. Some people place high in the chart a few days before the end of the season, then they stop playing until the season ends in order to record the score without the risk of losing points. If the game makes you lose a lot of points a few days before you stop, you are motivated to continue playing until the end in order to gain those points back. It's also the reason for why the special events now end in the first couple of days of the new month instead of before the end of the month, so people play until the end and start the new season too, in oder words to addict the player. This is also pretty unrespectful IMO, but it's a mobile game, what do you expect.

It seems that the loss of trophies is connected to the placement of other players in the regional chart. Most of the times the game forces you to stay behind a certain player (in the regional chart) and every time you get closer to it, you will face another unfair race next that will nullify all your progresses and keep you behind that specific player. I'm not completely sure about this, but as I said, this "curse" happend to me A LOT of times already, and it seems to act this way. On a side note, occasionally I've seen other players in the regional chart getting the same treatment as me (losing 200 or more trophies all of a sudden and staying stuck for a few days), so maybe I'm not the only one getting this.

Also, since there are players who reach 7.000 without many problems, I suspect that there's a way to stop the game from applying those handicaps. I don't know, maybe being active in the official discord or something, or maybe purchasing stuff. I'm not going to try neither way, I'm not even sure for how long I'll continue playing this game (I already left once last year, and I may leave again if I feel to).

For sure I've learned a lesson, this is the first and last mobile freemium game that I'll ever play in my life.

The odd thing though is this doesn't seem to be happening to everyone; as you say, people make it past 7000. It seems very anomalous that the company would expend resources to specially track whether individuals were active on Discord, or indeed have some sort of AI directly influencing games at the level of altering controls or changing race constants; I just can't see any logical motive for them expending effort and resources for no profit. Could there be some sort of error in your profile or something - have you contacted Hardlight about the issues?

I was also wondering, do you have any in game footage of races where you're slower than normal? I'd be curious to see that one in action as that can't be explained away as a random connection glitch or cheater as easily (plus it would be useful to send to Hardlight as evidence).

21 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Ive unlocked Vector and Rouge, but just saw the game shit the bed entirely: the other characters disappeared for half a minute and none of the items I collected appeared or worked. Then when the wifi signal appeared again, the camera suddenly zoomed up to the right and Omega was jogging against a fallen pillar before the game finally said I lost the signal and returned straight to the character select.

Ah yes, the classic connection issue glitch! It's sadly the game's main weakness - if someone loses connection during a race, strange things happen. There was a spike in connection losses when the coronavirus lockdowns began - it seems to have reduced in incidence recently, thankfully.

25 minutes ago, Nestor said:

The odd thing though is this doesn't seem to be happening to everyone; as you say, people make it past 7000. It seems very anomalous that the company would expend resources to specially track whether individuals were active on Discord, or indeed have some sort of AI directly influencing games at the level of altering controls or changing race constants; I just can't see any logical motive for them expending effort and resources for no profit. Could there be some sort of error in your profile or something - have you contacted Hardlight about the issues?

I was also wondering, do you have any in game footage of races where you're slower than normal? I'd be curious to see that one in action as that can't be explained away as a random connection glitch or cheater as easily (plus it would be useful to send to Hardlight as evidence).

Ah yes, the classic connection issue glitch! It's sadly the game's main weakness - if someone loses connection during a race, strange things happen. There was a spike in connection losses when the coronavirus lockdowns began - it seems to have reduced in incidence recently, thankfully.

What's anomalous in that?

Mobile game companies consantly come up with dirty tricks in order to addict their players and spill as many money as possible from them, it's all normal. The complex AI you are talking about, is just a normal database, and some server-side management of the gameplay.

Hardlight, the company who makes false advertising, is going to tell me the truth?

"Run and compete in multiplayer running battles with real players from around the world." This is a big lie. It's not real time multiplayer, you play against bots. Minimize your game, wait a few seconds, open it again, and those "real players" will still be near you, hitting you with attacks and stuff. It's bulls**t. No, I don't have a video of that, you can try yourself, just expect to lose many trophies if you do it because the game will do everything possible to make you arrive 4th place if you do it.

I can't record videos, there's an app that allows recording but it makes the game run slow so it's not a valid proof. If I could I would have already done it.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:49 AM, Iko said:

What's anomalous in that?

Mobile game companies consantly come up with dirty tricks in order to addict their players and spill as many money as possible from them, it's all normal. The complex AI you are talking about, is just a normal database, and some server-side management of the gameplay.

Hardlight, the company who makes false advertising, is going to tell me the truth?

"Run and compete in multiplayer running battles with real players from around the world." This is a big lie. It's not real time multiplayer, you play against bots. Minimize your game, wait a few seconds, open it again, and those "real players" will still be near you, hitting you with attacks and stuff. It's bulls**t. No, I don't have a video of that, you can try yourself, just expect to lose many trophies if you do it because the game will do everything possible to make you arrive 4th place if you do it.

I can't record videos, there's an app that allows recording but it makes the game run slow so it's not a valid proof. If I could I would have already done it.

But that's kind of the problem.... none of this is happening for me. I did as you said and minimised the game for five seconds just after we started when the opponents were still close.... and when I went back, the others were a way ahead of me as would be expected. Neither was I punished for this - I ended up winning, and against one racer with an equal level.

This is why I don't really understand what's going on with your game, as honest to goodness, I'm genuinely not experiencing anything that you are. I don't get "cursed", the physics is always the same (outside of connection issues and one case of an obvious cheater), I can play for as long as I want without issue (to the extent that once I managed to hit the maximum number of victory boxes for the day, which I didn't know even existed), and whenever I lose it's down to either error on my part or bad luck from getting caught in random item crossfire. I'm a level 15 player and usually do between 6 - 12 games a day on average, always finishing seasons in the Elite category. The fact that other people seem to be able to get to 7,000 trophies to the fact that whatever you're experiencing isn't happening across the board... which wouldn't be the case if this was some sort of algorithm baked into the game.

Similarly, I just can't see the motive for Hardlight to do any of this - you're indeed right that some mobile games companies do employ dirty tricks.... but only if it makes them money. You say that the "curse" kicks in when you reach 6,000 trophies.... but if you've got 6,000, you've already reached the Champion level and will have secured the increased season award - dropping trophies at that point won't change that. What would be the point in Hardlight spending money and resources to develop a way to specially alter the game at this point? You've already got your card rewards, and rewards are the main thing that people can spend money to get.... so what would be the motive for Hardlight? Likewise, I can't see any of this increasing the "addiction" for players, particularly if the game 'cheats' are so obvious - indeed, you yourself are testament to these things negatively affecting people's desire to play! Hardlight would be spending extra money.... to lose more money.

It's the same for inexplicably having bots rather than players.... how would this make them more money or 'addict' players? They would have spent resources creating bot AI for no concrete goal, particularly when the game doesn't require such a thing. I'm also not sure how bots would even work; the racers always visibly gain or lose medals at the end, so if bots are impersonating real players, then this wouldn't work as it would totally skew the real players' totals. If the racers were bots, they would also react in predictable ways to the same situations, and the people I race against don't - the behaviour is too random and chaotic for a machine.

I really do think it's something else affecting you - either you're just incredibly unlucky and are beset by an above average number of cheaters and connection issues, or there's something screwy with your game profile, because these things don't seem to be affecting people across the board.