Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Whatever, I don't care anymore... I'm just not interested in discussing this game anymore, sorry.

Sooner or later I'll stop playing this game, I hate it and I find it very annoying; the only reason I didn't yet is because I'm using it as a way to kill time while waiting for the next main Sonic game, but the frustration and annoyance it's bringing to me will probably make me stop even earlier.

I don't want to continue this discussion.

Happy Birthday Sonic! And Happy Father's Birthday!

Almost got Cream and Blaze because of that, as well as progress towards Zazz.

Also, sense when were Sonic and Amy baseball reps?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've unlocked Cream, Blaze, Rouge, Storm, and Wave, so I'm making a lot of progress.

Question: is the Phantom Ruby supposed to crash the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I've unlocked Cream, Blaze, Rouge, Storm, and Wave, so I'm making a lot of progress.

Question: is the Phantom Ruby supposed to crash the game?

Crash the game? In what way? It should be that the race finishes as soon as you pass the Phantom Ruby finish line.

1 minute ago, Nestor said:

Crash the game? In what way? It should be that the race finishes as soon as you pass the Phantom Ruby finish line.

Okay, not the Phantom Ruby, but the blocks and/or whatever shifts the perspective for a while. Maybe it's just Amy, but the game tends to crash almost everytime I get hit with it.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, not the Phantom Ruby, but the blocks and/or whatever shifts the perspective for a while. Maybe it's just Amy, but the game tends to crash almost everytime I get hit with it.

Oh, the illusion power! That's weird, I must admit I haven't encountered that one before - normally it just flips the view, then flips it straight back without issue. Sorry it's crashing for you - hopefully it's just a temporary bug.

On 6/28/2020 at 9:48 PM, Nestor said:

Oh, the illusion power! That's weird, I must admit I haven't encountered that one before - normally it just flips the view, then flips it straight back without issue. Sorry it's crashing for you - hopefully it's just a temporary bug.

Yeah, temporary.

Anyway, there's a new event for Big and Metal called Heavy Metal and one if the missions is playing as Omega. I see what you did there, Sega

• Thumbs Up 1

Quick Question: Does the Ad removal after buying something only last for a month/new season?

12 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Quick Question: Does the Ad removal after buying something only last for a month/new season?

Nope, it's permanent - I spent the absolute smallest amount possible on something in order to remove ads when I first started playing the game, and since then the only ads I've encounter are ones I've chosen to watch (e.g. to double card rewards or open a silver chest quicker).

3 hours ago, Nestor said:

Nope, it's permanent - I spent the absolute smallest amount possible on something in order to remove ads when I first started playing the game, and since then the only ads I've encounter are ones I've chosen to watch (e.g. to double card rewards or open a silver chest quicker).

...so there's always going be ads regardless?

7 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

...so there's always going be ads regardless?

Only ones you choose to look at to increase your rewards from what you would normally receive. Once you've spent even the smallest amount of money on it, it's entirely possible to play the game without watching a single ad if you choose to ignore the optional bonuses.

12 hours ago, Nestor said:

Only ones you choose to look at to increase your rewards from what you would normally receive. Once you've spent even the smallest amount of money on it, it's entirely possible to play the game without watching a single ad if you choose to ignore the optional bonuses.

This is one of the things that stops me from paying for anything in this game and others like it. I'm paying to remove all the ads and make the game better for it. The mandatory ads can always be skipped after a few seconds. Most of your time spent watching ads will be in the "optional" ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

The home screen icon is Movie Sonic and the initial loading screen is Tangle. Fantastic, Sonic Forces.

Is it just Tangle available right now?

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The home screen icon is Movie Sonic and the initial loading screen is Tangle. Fantastic, Sonic Forces.

Is it just Tangle available right now?

It's Tangle and Whisper! An event will be starting shortly where you'll be able to win cards for them - they're also classed as Rare (rather than Super Rare or Special) so cards for them will be much easier to win normally once the event ends.

I'm impressed, I can't believe they've actually put these two in - of all the more obscure charater choices they could have made, I didn't think they'd grab from IDW! 

The Tangle event has started, her having Tail Strike in 2 slots was intentional. You can get projectiles about 3 times as you level up so if I'm reading this right...

She might have 6X Tail Strikes when you level her up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Nestor said:

It's Tangle and Whisper! An event will be starting shortly where you'll be able to win cards for them - they're also classed as Rare (rather than Super Rare or Special) so cards for them will be much easier to win normally once the event ends.

I'm impressed, I can't believe they've actually put these two in - of all the more obscure charater choices they could have made, I didn't think they'd grab from IDW! 

Feh, "obscure."

Anyway, I only got a message talking about Tangle with no Whisper in sight.

17 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Feh, "obscure."

Anyway, I only got a message talking about Tangle with no Whisper in sight.

Whisper will be in the next event - you can also see her on the splash page when you load along with Tangle, and there's also a bit in the news section about her showing what her powers will be if you're curious.

IDW is definitely not obscure, it's... very relevant and popular right now.

• Absolutely 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:27 AM, Jack out of the comics! said:

IDW is definitely not obscure, it's... very relevant and popular right now.

True; I meant more for the general audiences - IDW is well known to us hardcore Sonic fans, but I'm not sure how well known their Sonic series is beyond us. Hopefully this will signal boost it even more, particularly with the comic deal they're offering for players.

And I've finally unlocked Tangle! Just had my first race - managed to crash through pretty much every obstacle by misjudging her speed boost.... which I like to think is what Tangle would have done anyway. 😄

It feels really weird (in a good way) to see her animated, the little tail wiggle she does as she runs is strangely endearing!

• Chuckle 1

I wonder why only a few Speed Battle characters, like Tangle and Whisper, are back-ported to Dash, while others, like Tikal, Wave, Storm, and even Omega, are not? 

5 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I wonder why only a few Speed Battle characters, like Tangle and Whisper, are back-ported to Dash, while others, like Tikal, Wave, Storm, and even Omega, are not? 

Probably because Tangle and Whisper are promotional characters in a way? SEGA wants them seen by all their audiences.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Probably because Tangle and Whisper are promotional characters in a way? SEGA wants them seen by all their audiences.

I understand. The characters of non-game origin tend to be the ones who get backported. It would still be nice to see all the others get backported (including SD2 Sticks).

Playing the game for the first time in a bit and boy, does it almost look like they want you to unlock Tangle as soon as possible.a 

Anyway, I now have Team Sonic, Team Rose, Team Chaotix, and Team Babylon, plus Silver, Blaze, Tikal, and Classic unlocked.  And scrolling down an inch shows that I almost unlocked Chaos, Zeena, and BS. With Tangle and Whisper at the very front, for some reason.

EDIT: Fricken rubberband AI. Was doing real good just now and never got hit, then suddenly Knuckles and Tangle juke past me at the last 3 seconds despite my well placed fans. Wtf

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

EDIT: Fricken rubberband AI. Was doing real good just now and never got hit, then suddenly Knuckles and Tangle juke past me at the last 3 seconds despite my well placed fans. Wtf

Ack, that's an occupational hazard when racing against those two - they both have boost abilities that make them invincible as well as speeding them up allowing them to crash through things and make up ground at the end. In fact, I actually did that very thing today with Tangle and pipped someone at the finish line - apologies if that was you! 😅

19 minutes ago, Nestor said:

Ack, that's an occupational hazard when racing against those two - they both have boost abilities that make them invincible as well as speeding them up allowing them to crash through things and make up ground at the end. In fact, I actually did that very thing today with Tangle and pipped someone at the finish line - apologies if that was you! 😅

If it was a Silver, then YOUUU!

• Chuckle 1