Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

So Omega is here. Nice.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Not sure why it would put random stages not from the game it's advertising in when all the other stages are from it, but k.

I'm not saying it won't be. I'm just saying it doesn't need to have all Forces levels and only those.

Wait... Omega's in this game? GODDAMN IT, NOW I'M TEMPTED!

> No Android version yet

...Oh. Well, never mind then.

3 minutes ago, A_W said:

The iTunes page has a new screenshot which seems to show Sonic launching a fireball at Shadow.

392x696bb.jpg

GAH WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT. I'm not the only one who thinks he looks soulless here, right?

Edit: The way the description's worded makes it sound like this is exclusively a multiplayer game. I'll be quite disappointed if that's the case.

Also there's Omega.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

DJil4a9XUAEui_U.jpg:large

Yep it's multiplayer. Or at least VS the computer. Looks like you get items ala Mario Kart, as well, in the lower screen?

Wait....the goal....isn't that *the* gem that's on Infinite's chest?

Just now, MudHunter said:

Wait....the goal....isn't that *the* gem that's on Infinite's chest?

We said that at the same time lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, A_W said:

The iTunes page has a new screenshot which seems to show Sonic launching a fireball at Shadow.

392x696bb.jpg

Has the God Damn Mobile game just accidentally confirmed Omega for Forces!?

Omega confirmed for Forces then.

Come on, with him in this and Sky Sanctuary appearing, unless they simply slapped the Forces title on Sonic Dash 3 to promote the game, this is basically a tie in otherwise anything that's in this is practically confirmed for the game.

Unless I'm jumping to conclusions...

4 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

Omega confirmed for Forces then.

Come on, with him in this and Sky Sanctuary, unless they simply slapped the Forces title on Sonic Dash 3 to promote the game, this is basically a tie in otherwise where anything that's in is practically confirmed for the game.

Unless I'm grasping at straws...

I mean it's not impossible that it could just have extra stages and characters to build up the selection (notably Speed Battle doesn't have the Avatar at all), but yeah, it's safe to say that what we see here is in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Mania Spoilers 

Spoiler

So it's official.

Spoiler

Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces are indeed connected. (As if it wasn't obvious before :V)

• Thumbs Up 6

And if the description is accurate, I guess Rouge has been confirmed for Forces as well. Well, she or a new character called "Rogue".

Sweet, so we get darker versions of all Generations levels after all.
Can't wait to see how Eggman will make Crisis City look worse. Unless Park Aventue already is Crisis city. But then he made it look more fluffy and happy.
Huh, and considering planet Wisp is like a construction zone...Does that mean we'll get to see the results of what Eggman was trying to do to planet Wisp?

Either way, I suppose this means I'll have to include a scene of Sonic and friends having a friendly race in the middle of the raging war when I get to make a parody of Sonic forces.

• Chuckle 3

1 minute ago, MudHunter said:

Mania Spoilers 

Reveal hidden contents

So it's official.

Reveal hidden contents

Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces are indeed connected. (As if it wasn't obvious before :V)

> Prototype

So does that mean the Ruby has been tampered with? Upgraded?

Bah. That means Infinite is either Eggman's creation or a corrupted soldier after all, if so :S

Or...

Could it be a rough translation of the "imperfect" form that Gaia and Chaos had, instead?

1 minute ago, knuckles20 said:

Is it a problem that I'm more impressed with the mobile games over the console ones?

It's mostly the fact that mobile games have more playable characters than the main games.

Vic Mignogna kinda confirmed Omega months ago, so he's definitely in Forces. The App Store also confirms Espio and Rouge, as well as character-specific abilities and online races. Colour me interested. Assuming it's the Resistance and Shadow playable, Silver and Charmy as well as Blaze and maybe Sticks are certainly not far.

Now because it sounds very intriguing, I wonder if this is supposed to be a quick ad for Forces that gets abandoned after Forces bombs..err I mean, releases, or is it a stand-alone mobile game that gets continued update support afterwards, and is just themed after Forces for now like Sonic Dash was themed after Lost World for a few months? Sonic Speed Battle would be a nice name as it is.

..Then again, it seems all Sonic mobile games get abandoned after a few months so I guess it makes no difference XD

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, LukA8 said:

Vic Mignogna kinda confirmed Omega months ago, so he's definitely in Forces. The App Store also confirms Espio and Rouge, as well as character-specific abilities and online races. Colour me interested. Assuming it's the Resistance and Shadow playable, Silver and Charmy as well as Blaze and maybe Sticks are certainly not far.

Now because it sounds very intriguing, I wonder if this is supposed to be a quick ad for Forces that gets abandoned after Forces bombs..err I mean, releases, or is it a stand-alone mobile game that gets continued update support afterwards, and is just themed after Forces for now like Sonic Dash was themed after Lost World for a few months. Sonic Speed Battle would be a nice name as it is.

..Then again, it seems all Sonic mobile games get abandoned after a few months so I guess it makes no difference XD

Espio already appeared in Forces in Avatar Park Avenue.

7 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

It's mostly the fact that mobile games have more playable characters than the main games.

I have no problem admitting to that.

• Promotion 1

The phantom ruby prototype looks like the Crystals from the crash games.

Anyway, this looks fun. I won't be able to get it if it's not coming to android. 

What is it about that ruby that makes everyone want it so bad though?

• Thumbs Up 1

Those are definitely new character renders for Forces. Calling it now.

If you closely look at the Tails and Knuckles poses on the screen and then look at the silhouette poses from the T Shirts, they're the same.

• Thumbs Up 3