Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Last buyer character?

The characters you can pay to unlock in the store, which are basically just the Forces Bosses.

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

And what do you mean by "haven't been leveling up characters as part of [your] play style"? When you collect enough rings and cards, you should level up the characters you enjoy playing as. Heck, upgrade the rest so that you can upgrade your player level for further buffs (prioritising commons, then rares, then ultras and ignoring the specials). It's daft not to.

So admittedly it started out of me somehow missing the memo and not knowing about leveling them up, but once I realized how it works, I just get going on as sort of a continual(read: stubborn) challenge run until I unlock everyone.

Plus, I like seeing the experience number get higher and can imagine how many levels they'll jump eventually. And if that'll snap the game in half, lol.

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Well, its not all bad. Eggman's a rare character and not a special one, which means you only missed out on the streamlined path to unlocking him - as opposed to having to wait for another event to roll around. If you keep playing the game, you can still accumulate Eggman cards at random.

Now if you missed a character you wanted like Longclaw or Lunar Blaze the you would be S.O.O.L.

Yeah, I think I noticed characters like Tangle and Zeena occasionally accrue interest well after, which is how I unlocked them. So ideally, Eggman'll grace with his cards if I can get back into a semi-consistent grind.

Say, who all was on the base roster of the game?

36 minutes ago, King Conne said:

There were ten playable characters at the soft-launch, it is written in the board you can find here (compared to 49 today) :

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Forces:_Speed_Battle

Huh. Looking over this list, Shadow was literally the one launch character I didn't have until the pity unlock yesterday. Funny how that worked out.

Okay, so I might have reached I originally condition and barring the chance that Eggman doesn't start unlocking soon after I start playing again, it might just be time to make the sun fall.

Eggman is a very fun and powerful character to play!!...
My Replica of Eggman is level 12, I don't have enough Super Rare cards left for him to reach level 13 for the moment...

• 2 weeks later...

Next event will start in a few days and it will be Excalibur Sonic Vs Sir Lancelot (select your side)!!...
And there will be many rings to collect in chests and Tails' vault!!...

So, sadly no new character(s) for at least the next two weeksbut it will be a great event to collect rings and upgrade your characters!!...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Get ready to get down!

E1GKdp6XIAEuhZI?format=jpg&name=large

Sonic Forces Mobile presents the Battle of the Bands! Watch out for two rising new stars DJ Vector and Punk Zazz coming soon! 

Doors open: 12th May
Show Starts: 14th May

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's kind of hilarious that Zazz and Zavok have alternate skins before Tails. It took a while for Knuckles to get one too, with his coming in at the same time as Rouge's second alt. But the secondary protagonist after Sonic? Nah. 

I think  they are very funny and great!!...
All HARDlight's Special Characters should be released in the "Sonic Boom8" line of figures by GNF Toyz, they are so lovely!!...

7 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Get ready to get down!

E1GKdp6XIAEuhZI?format=jpg&name=large

Took me a second to see the difference, but natural choice. 

Wonder if we'll get a Banjo Strummer costume in the far future.

God I hate the game... Characters like Cream (both versions) and Zazz are too overpowered and yet they are not nerfed... I had to uninstall the game as it pissed me off. 

• 1 month later...

So there's an event dedicated to unlocking previous costumes going on right now, with Baseball Sonic as the headliner.

Also, just unlocked Metal Sonic after playing about five games in a row. Guess that new loading screen worked wonders.

On 5/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, dudebro1993 said:

God I hate the game... Characters like Cream (both versions) and Zazz are too overpowered and yet they are not nerfed... I had to uninstall the game as it pissed me off. 

It's just a multiplayer free-to-play mobile game. What did you expect? Any balance? :^)

26 minutes ago, ChaoLaChao said:

It's just a multiplayer free-to-play mobile game. What did you expect? Any balance? :^)

Surely they could have nerfed OP characters? Would bring more variety as other characters will be used

3 hours ago, dudebro1993 said:

Surely they could have nerfed OP characters? Would bring more variety as other characters will be used

They need OP characters so that people have something to spend their money on. F2P games like this are P2W. It's not changing. 

I've recently been getting back into the game. A good way to approach it is to just try and tell yourself that the placement doesn't matter. That way you can play as whoever you want..

... At least until you try to go for the 5000 trophy stretch goal. Last night I did like 6 battles that took me up and down and all-around until I ended up with the same number of trophies I started with. It was kind of infuriating.

It doesn't help that 1st place is the only position worth a damn and fourth place can take away 20 trophies from you.

• 1 month later...

Not SPEED BATTLE but DASH (I can't find any topic about SONIC DASH) : A new update of the game (in French at least) says a new "strong" and "courageous" character will be added in the game soon!!...
Who could it be?!...
Mighty the Armadillo?!...
Lancelot?!...
Perceval?!...

3 minutes ago, King Conne said:

Not SPEED BATTLE but DASH (I can't find any topic about SONIC DASH) : A new update of the game (in French at least) says a new "strong" and "courageous" character will be added in the game soon!!...
Who could it be?!...
Mighty the Armadillo?!...
Lancelot?!...
Perceval?!...

I would assume someone like Mighty and well, but honestly, that could apply to almost any of the heroes. And even a few of the villains

The next character is SPEED BATTLE will be the first Magical Girl in the SONIC universe : Unicorn Cream!!...

E8g6fEqX0AoXcEQ?format=jpg&name=small

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, King Conne said:

The next character is SPEED BATTLE will be the first Magical Girl in the SONIC universe : Unicorn Cream!!...

E8g6fEqX0AoXcEQ?format=jpg&name=small

On 8/3/2021 at 8:07 PM, DabigRG said:

I would assume someone like Mighty and well, but honestly, that could apply to almost any of the heroes. And even a few of the villains

What did I say?

Sorry again but I still can't find any topic about SONIC DASH (even if I'm sure there is one), so I post the information here : Lancelot is available in SONIC DASH!!...

E8qf-UFWUAQ0k4c?format=jpg&name=large

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I think  I got a pretty nasty glitch: I see they got this new supersonic and Dr Eggman isn't going on but every time I try to pick a team it'll briefly go to the main menu then immediately go back to ask me what time I want to join

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So I think  I got a pretty nasty glitch: I see they got this new supersonic and Dr Eggman isn't going on but every time I try to pick a team it'll briefly go to the main menu then immediately go back to ask me what time I want to join

Sorry to hear that, that's weird - I haven't encountered that one before. Sounds like you may have to contact Support for this unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Here are the Halloween Events for this month :)

FBlPnE2XMAI33y4?format=jpg&name=large

• The Unleashed! Event, which allows players to unlock Sonic the Werehog begins Tomorrow and ends on October 22nd
  • The Phantom Fete Event returns and allows players to unlock past Halloween alts, such as Reaper Metal Sonic, Vampire Shadow, & Witch Rouge. It begins October 22nd & ends on October 28th
  • Graveyard Smash is a team event where players choose between Reaper Metal Sonic & Sonic the Werehog. Begins October 28th & ends on November 4th.

I recently lost all of my progress in this game because I switched from iPhone to Android. There's no way to sync data across different platforms as far as I can tell. Don't think I'll ever touch it again because there's no way I'm going through the effort of unlocking everything again.