Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Call me impatient, but remind me again why it takes forever for this kind of stuff to show up on the US App Store? <_<

IMG_6014.PNG

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Wow, they keep making Tails look so...punchable.
He's freaking Brainy Smurf at this point.
Oh well, it was nice seeing cute Tails return in Mania, back to bitchy Tails again.

Phone game looks fun. Sucks I have an android.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Call me impatient, but remind me again why it takes forever for this kind of stuff to show up on the US App Store? <_<

IMG_6014.PNG

Unfortunately, there's no real guarantee it will be out immediately. For all we know, this could just be another soft-launch (albeit puzzling why it's only in the Philippines right now, could just be an early release slip-up) while they continue to refine the game in the background before an international release, with most of the bugs ironed out at that time.

But hey, so long as I can get in on that sweet action real soon (too impatient to bother making a Philippines iTunes ID), then I'm ready for it anytime.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's quite normal for soft launches to happen in territories with relatively small populations. I guess it's kind of like a public beta, essentially. 

For what it's worth, this game is absolutely fine as a little time sink. I'm not yet convinced that Sky Sanctuary will be in Forces though. GHZ in this game and Forces hardly reuses any of the assets from Generations. It's similar, but the assets are nearly all brand new. Sky Sanctuary in the other hand is directly lifted from Generations here.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, LukA8 said:

Disappointed there are no character-specific power-ups/abilities after all. That was handled better in Jump Fever and Dash Boom.

I'm only going off gameplay footage and screenshots of the menus, but it looks like each character only has access to three of the possible power-ups from the pool.

DJjTSyiXkAAqvCW.jpg:large

Has this been shared here yet? I found it on /r/SonicTheHedgehog, and they apparently got it from someone's Twitter. Anyway, it shows icons for Zavok, Metal Sonic and Chaos 0. If no other character so far uses those Lost World badnik power-ups, I'd bet that Zavok will use them when he's added.

There's Silver and Classic Sonic.

Will the game actually not have Blaze or Cream? That'd be really disappointing to a lot of people.

• Thumbs Up 4

I managed to snag an APK and play a little. It's... meh. It performs atrociously on my Galaxy S4, making it impossible to react in time against people who know what they're doing and use their power-ups. Even the track's obstacles are hard to avoid at times because the low framerate makes it hard to perform multiple actions quickly. Of course they decided to lock upgrades and new characters behind those goddamn random loot boxes, too. They're a cancer on the gaming industry, and I pray they cause an industry crash so severe that nobody ever even thinks about trying them again.

Finally got to try this game. It's pretty ok actually, the multiplayer component is fun.

Gets boring after a little while, but it's a nice time killer.

10 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Wow, they keep making Tails look so...punchable.
He's freaking Brainy Smurf at this point.
Oh well, it was nice seeing cute Tails return in Mania, back to bitchy Tails again.

Phone game looks fun. Sucks I have an android.

Maybe bitchy tails is only here, I hope. Not in Forces proper. And I agree that Tails is basically Caillou under Pontaff. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Maybe bitchy tails is only here, I hope. Not in Forces proper. And I agree that Tails is basically Caillou under Pontaff. 

I never got why Tails acted like he did in LW.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I wouldn't completely lose hope on Cream and Blaze.

There appears to be three empty slots left with the others.

I don't think Infinite's icon will show up presumably being the goal/boss because of racing to his gem and I can definitely bet the Avatar won't be in this either due to being customizable and not having a defined look.

So those empty icons near the others leave Eggman, Cream, and Blaze.

Spoiler

Unless Big makes a suprise.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/09/2017 at 10:14 PM, LukA8 said:

Disappointed there are no character-specific power-ups/abilities after all. That was handled better in Jump Fever and Dash Boom.

Here's an interesting tidbit: the cubes that Infinite uses and the one of the boost items (second and fourth on the third row down) are called "Illusions".

The Phantom Egg/Final Boss theme is called 'Ruby Illusions'.

Some of the lyrics to Infinite's theme are, "This is an illusion".

What's going on with Chaos and Metal Sonic here?

zk5QLlC.gif

s-367910f9df5842ffd86f209d2ac941a7710f18

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Promotion 1

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Illusion.

So Sonic Forces is basically the true final episode of Twin Peaks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Ugh, is Blaze going to be in this mobile game or not? I thought she was a given seeing that Silver is in Forces and Speed Battle but now I'm starting to worry if she's in either. Would it kill SEGA to show us more of the resistance already? I don't want this mobile junk if she isn't in.

50 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

Ugh, is Blaze going to be in this mobile game or not? I thought she was a given seeing that Silver is in Forces and Speed Battle but now I'm starting to worry if she's in either. 

I thought they were trying to separate Blaze from Silver? It's all just so confusing after '06 messed up her backstory.

• Thumbs Up 5

Game lags quite bad for me on Sky Sanctuary (S6 Edge) and I've found myself dropping from first to last for no reason.

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Here's an interesting tidbit: the cubes that Infinite uses and the one of the boost items (second and fourth on the third row down) are called "Illusions".

The Egg Reverie theme is called 'Ruby Illusions'.

Some of the lyrics to Infinite's theme are, "This is an illusion".

What's going on with Chaos and Metal Sonic here?

zk5QLlC.gif

Hide contents

s-367910f9df5842ffd86f209d2ac941a7710f18

Sometimes I wish this whole game was an illusion...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Sometimes I wish this whole game was an illusion...

The pain persists, you can't resist...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I wish they'd write Tails like he is in Sonic Boom. He's seriously become my favorite version of Tails, period. 

He dances, he sings, he gets hard slapstick dropped on his head all the time, and he's got adorkable self-esteem issues. It's perfect. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Looking through this topic, is it safe to presume there's no Android version yet? Cause it's not in the app store either

• Thumbs Up 1

So if Chaos, Metal Sonic and Zavok are illusions, what about Shadow? If he truly was an illusion wouldn't the real Shadow pop up and call out the faker? Unless he was kidnapped by Infinite, which is why Rouge seems to be on her own mission to find out what happened to Shadow and not part of the Resistance team. At least I hope that's the case and not just Shadow being evil for evil's sake like Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 4