Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

34 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

So if Chaos, Metal Sonic and Zavok are illusions, what about Shadow? If he truly was an illusion wouldn't the real Shadow pop up and call out the faker? Unless he was kidnapped by Infinite, which is why Rouge seems to be on her own mission to find out what happened to Shadow and not part of the Resistance team. At least I hope that's the case and not just Shadow being evil for evil's sake like Sonic Boom.

Shadow's snake-like pupils suggest some kind of mind control, honestly. I know the released bios suggest that he 'has his own reasons' for joining Eggman, but why go the trouble of changing his eyes if that were the case?

• Thumbs Up 1

Who knows? For all we know, the Phantom Ruby has a vast set of powers... Since Sonic Team is really going their way to connect both games, I at least hope that they explain and tie up everything...

6 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

So if Chaos, Metal Sonic and Zavok are illusions, what about Shadow? If he truly was an illusion wouldn't the real Shadow pop up and call out the faker? Unless he was kidnapped by Infinite, which is why Rouge seems to be on her own mission to find out what happened to Shadow and not part of the Resistance team. At least I hope that's the case and not just Shadow being evil for evil's sake like Sonic Boom.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlanTheWriter/status/665553948900655104

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

So does that mean that the Hard Boiled Heavies are illusions too?

The HBHs are transformed Egg Robos, and prolonged exposure to the Ruby further transformed them into their Phantom forms seen in Titanic Monarch 2 and Egg Reverie. While the Ruby enhanced the powers of the new-found Heavies, at the same time it "loosened their screws". Taxman also said that some of the changes in the zones from their original versions were also caused by the Ruby. 

Without any further confirmation just yet, I like the idea that the Phantom Ruby grants unprecedented power with the caveat that it's unstable. It warped Sonic around from place to place, but caused those places to somewhat change. It caused the Heavies to lose their form as they got more and more powerful. It eventually did whatever it did to Sonic at the end of the game and is presumably the cause of everything going down in Forces with the creation of Infinite and Eggman's conquest. It probably does have the ability to create illusions considering everything it's down to be capable of, and think that illusions are behind at least some of what's going on in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 6

The Ruby is more powerfull than the Chaos Emeralds too, as the Heavy King's attacks while holding it can hurt Super Sonic. Then again, Knuckles can punch the Emeralds out of Super Sonic, so yeah... ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯  Fuck logic.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

The Ruby is more powerfull than the Chaos Emeralds too, as the Heavy King's attacks while holding it can hurt Super Sonic. Then again, Knuckles can punch the Emeralds out of Super Sonic, so yeah... ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯  Fuck logic.

Knuckle must've had a small taste of ruby power while he was in the ground waiting for supersonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

So I got those characters I was missing. How about a quick guide on how to more efficiently cheese the game. 

Basically, it's really easy to exploit the item system to get stuff that gives you a super edge against opponents. All you need to do is let all three slots fill up with items, and then keep using the middle item (aka the speed boost). This makes it really easy to just rush through the course, and when you're in first they turn into shields that lower the chances of being sniped by an opponent. There's a couple of things to be wary of with this though;

1. Most speed boosts do not grant invulnerability to obstacles, so you have to time them for places you know you can keep it going. This doesn't apply to characters who get the invincibility as their speed boost (aka Knuckles, Vector and Omega). 

2. Shadow is a really good counter to this technique as his exclusive mine is a row of thunderclouds that destroy an item if you get caught, on top of having the lightning attack. It's not such a big issue with invincibility boost, but it can still catch you out if you're in between activating the next one as the current one ends. Amy and Rouge can be annoying as they also have the lightning attack but it's only the less reliable projectile. 

Off that topic, I swear Vector is much slower in foot speed than Espio, despite their stats saying they're the same. 

Also I find it funny how once again Vector has a higher strength stat than Knuckles, this time being a full 10/10 compared to Knuckles' (and Omega's) 9/10. A similar thing happened in the Mario and Sonic series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dannymax440 said:

Wanting to hurt someone out of pride is still evil, and trying to explain that way as him not trying to be a dick is why that is still one of the worst interpretations of that character, but hey that's another thread for another time. 

7 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Maybe that happens. 

No seriously maybe Shadow is literally dealing with something some place else and then they created an " illusion" shadow to suggest that shadow is on their side, they find the real one. Then fight him and he has no idea what's going on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The strength stat is actually more about defence in this game, but it's obviously the trait of the "power" characters.

In fact, a lot of the character stats in this game are odd. Espio is slower than Charmy, Rouge and Amy are tied for second fastest, Shadow has the lowest strength (less than Charmy) and Tails can deploy Motorbugs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Jack the Rookie said:

So does that mean that the Hard Boiled Heavies are illusions too?

Been saying for a long time that they are. Since Mania's intro. They're just normal egg robos all along. Pay careful notice to the illusion (people mistake it for chaos control that teleports) effect. Especially in the last two bosses. The two tracks playing for the last two bosses of Sonic Mania along with Infinite's theme all feature the word 'illusion' in it more or less.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:58 AM, RedFox99 said:

I never got why Tails acted like he did in LW.

Gee I wonder why?

Makes sense to me.

• Promotion 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just gonna bump this topic with a new tease from Sega Hardlight:

I've enjoyed the Sonic Dash series, so I've got high hopes for this new one. Just like with the Sonic Boom games, at least this mobile-phone spinoff looks pretty solid.

• Thumbs Up 1

About time.

Still....at the same time, it's kinda too late since the actual game is coming in a month and a half.

9 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Behind the scenes video teased above.

1:03

STICKS CONFIRMED!

Edit: Scratch that- That's the Boom Dash game. Though we now know that Speed Battle was originally gonna be another Boom game.

6 minutes ago, Forterror-Metallix said:

1:03

STICKS CONFIRMED!

They tested this multiplayer part in dash 2 Boom. Dosent really confirm her for speed battle.

7 hours ago, Forterror-Metallix said:

Scratch that- That's the Boom Dash game. Though we now know that Speed Battle was originally gonna be another Boom game.

We don't know that though. They probably used the assets from SDash2 because it was cheaper to use existing assets than make up new assets for a prototype. 

This game does not work on my phone and I mean the game loads up but the actual gameplay is really slow. Guess HTC Desire can not handle it that much. Really not sure if there is way to prevent laggy movement there.

The update fixed the game and it works for me finally. I got all 10 characters. Shadow was the last one I got. Reading over some of your posts about why such character has this or that stat is because their points must total 21. So Tails has 8+8+5=21 for his stat.

The game is okay but nothing like Sonic Runners before official release.

Looks like that data mining about upcoming characters was dead-on:

DM_a5S3WsAE6edN.jpg:large

With the official launch coming soon, hopefully we won't have to wait long for these five.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Creep Dude said:

Yep, Cream and Blaze are officially dead now.

They're just not a part of Forces, because they don't fit the narrative that the game has. Like what is the issue here? I'm not going near that topic about Blaze not being in the game, cause it looked silly last time I poked my head in.

• Thumbs Up 3

I never said there was an issue.....

I was literally just joking about those two not being which while disappointed I can live with their absence.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 17/09/2017 at 7:13 AM, Pawnkin said:

Shadow's snake-like pupils suggest some kind of mind control, honestly. I know the released bios suggest that he 'has his own reasons' for joining Eggman, but why go the trouble of changing his eyes if that were the case?

His pupils aren't snake-like. They just don't have white dots.