Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

16 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I have an Android version so there might be a difference but I think they updated the game back to the "flaming background" version around that time you asked.

They were pretty early ending winter I'd say.

Thanks! Well, guess I'm not updating soon... unless I have to for Blaze.

Think she'll be Super Rare? I'm still working on Shadow and Metal Sonic.

• Nice Smile 1

14 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Yep. It's Blaze.

I see a fire mine! I guess she's gonna have the fire boost as well huh

59 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Thanks! Well, guess I'm not updating soon... unless I have to for Blaze.

Think she'll be Super Rare? I'm still working on Shadow and Metal Sonic.

I really hope she's not super rare. I hope she's a normal or a rare character.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I guess the projectile attack (the left-hand slot) will be the standard fireball, as seen with Sonic and a few others. Looking forward to trying to unlock her though (as well as trying to get Zavok). 

Edit: Scratch that. There's a better screenshot in the app. The third technique is a fire tornado. 

It would be more for having a complete roster. I usually use Charmy. I just seem to have more luck with him than the Super Rares. 

Though it'd be pretty neat if she'd have a fireboost of sorts. B)

Wondering is funny. Though I think I'm most fond of silver and Omega when it comes to playing this game, dunno why though.

Stuck grinding between 900-1,000 trophies. Man competition's fierce around that range! Charmy and Espio are the only ones I'm standing a chance with.

A shame I can't seem to make Vector and Chaos work. Power character almost have to bank on the opponent screwing up to get ahead.

• Thumbs Up 1

The cat's out of the bag! By which I mean Blaze was added the roster, about an hour ago!

She's a rare. :D

Great to see someone who wasn't part of the original data mined cast.

• Nice Smile 1

Whazzat? Blaze?!

I'll shove aside all the Blaze centric DLC for the console version conspiracy theories that this inclusion will inevitably conjure up. For now I just want to sit back and enjoy HardLight doing me a solid.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can anyone that has Blaze confirm what her model looks like compared to say Sonic Dash? I'm wondering if she was put in because she could easily be plopped from one game into the other. If that were the case, we might see Cream in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze confirmed, the silhouette was pretty obvious.

Although it’s kinda of a insult to injury that she wasn’t in the main game.

Damn, look at that detail on her though.

Did they jack up the Red Ring prices on chests with the last update? I was sure I only needed 1,800 before, and now that I have it, I checked and it's like 2,000 or so now.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing this since last December and has been pretty good so far, better than the main game. The chest and Red Star Ring system have caught my attention though. I have noticed it's indeed quite similar to those in Supercell games, specifically Clash Royale and Clash of Clans.

7 hours ago, EzSonic01 said:

I've been playing this since last December and has been pretty good so far, better than the main game. The chest and Red Star Ring system have caught my attention though. I have noticed it's indeed quite similar to those in Supercell games, specifically Clash Royale and Clash of Clans.

The chests and premium currency/red rings are pretty standard fair for F2P mobile games. What's caught your eye air them exactly?

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

The chests and premium currency/red rings are pretty standard fair for F2P mobile games. What's caught your eye air them exactly?

I truly don't play too much on mobile, aside the Sonic games and those two Supercell ones, which use a similar chest-based system with gems to unlock cards. I didn't know about the other F2P games though.

I finally removed this game from my phone today, after I came to realise that I was just going through the motions without actually enjoying it at all. The game is so unbalanced and luck-based; winning a race comes down entirely to the items you get and the state of lag, and the rewards for winning are absolute pot luck. Leveling up characters is entirely dependant in how lucky you get with crates, even if you want to pay (which I never did). Despite all of my time playing, I was unable to unlock Zavok. Then there's the level selection. I've been in the 1500-trophy tier for about two weeks, but in that time I got to play the new level for that tier (Spiral Heights) just once. Progressing to any higher tier seems borderline impossible with the amount of trophies it requires and the amount of luck you need. Playing perfectly or playing poorly doesn't really matter very much at all.

There could certainly be some fun in an auto-running racer like this, but the F2P model in place here squanders anything. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

It really feels like it could've easily been an add-on for OG Sonic Dash; and even if the balancing was still naff, there'd at least be the main game's competitive leaderboards to enjoy.

Looks like you got it right, folks! The prophecy about Boom!Sonic being in Forces is about to come true after all.

2 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

I dunna man, it kinda looks like Shade.

I see what you mean, but isn't she sort of now off-limits after the Penders lawsuit. I mean from what I've heard he lost the case he made about her and the Nocturnus being too similar to Julie-Su and his own echidnas.