Awoo.

Mario Party: The Top 100 Announced For 3DS. (Holiday 2017)

Zippo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Echidna Adventurer CC14

• Forte-Metallix

• Danj86

• Zippo

Mario Party has finally run out of ideas, so they're recycling more than ever before.

But, hey- At least there's no car gimmick.

Hey, I spotted "Shy-Guy Sez" and "Bumper Balls." They take me back. I sure hope they don't bring back the mechanic from the first Mario Party that needed you to spin the analogue of the N64 controller as fast as you could.

The best way was to use your palm, but if really hurt after a while.

Can we just get HD remasters of Mario party 2 and 3 at this point please? I really just want the traditional board game back but now it just seems like they're cutting it altogether.

Honestly really jazzed about this. I had a blast with Star Rush (even had fun with that weird little minesweeper mode), so the thought of a greatest hits collection of Mario Party mini-games (INCLUDING MAH BOI FACE LIFT) that I can play with my buds with only one game card sounds like a great time. I'm curious to see if the game has any other modes or content, though, as all we've seen are mini-games and Star Rush and Island Tour had a wealth of extra goodies. So yeah. Excited.

1 hour ago, Bop and Rock CC14 said:

Teaser site is up. One of the little bullet points mentions board-game play, so it's not just mini-games.

That's good. Hopefully, it's like the old games. Otherwise, I continue to not care.

• Thumbs Up 1

This might be interesting. I passed on the last one - even if it might have been the better of the two - so hopefully this one surpasses the other two in entertainment.

It seems Top 100 won't just be minigames- Boards have been confirmed!

Now here's the question: Will they be new boards, or fan-favorites like the Minigames? (Waluigi's Island and Sweet Dream, pls)

• 2 weeks later...

amiibo details have been revealed, including the fact that Minigame Island will be making it's grand return:

Tap compatible amiibo™ figures to receive in-game bonuses on Minigame Island. Stand on a circle marked with the amiibo symbol and tap to get 10 coins. If the amiibo circle is occupied by a Goomba or Koopa Troopa, tap their respective amiibo figures for 50 coins! If your life reaches 0, you can tap compatible amiibo to restore one life. Each compatible amiibo can be scanned once per day.

Tap the Goomba or Koopa Troopa amiibo™ figures at the Minigame Pack selection screen in Minigame Match or Championship Battles for a shortcut to unlocking the Goomba Minigame Pack or the Koopa Troopa Pack