Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

Calling it now, CaC characters are created from Eggman's thing that creates Infinite.

But yeah, this is what should've been in the Direct. It looks pretty damn good. I'm actually loving some of the personality the trailer is showing. Slight touches like Knuckles being the leader of the resistance implies he's finally back in a role that's meant to be showing off his powerful, strong and playful personality while being absentminded and a bit gullible. I also like how the world's being properly populated with Mobians (Yes, I'm still referring to them as that), Tails trying to protect them etc.

But yeah, looks nice.

• Thumbs Up 8

Not gonna lie, that actually made me feel some genuine excitement for Forces, which is certainly not the norm for me.

The one thing to dampen the mood was Fist Bump, since I still find it bad. xP

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

Never realized how amazed I'd be to see the friends being that notable to the story. Huh.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

This is the trailer we should've gotten at E3.

This personally is some hype shit to me. Though, still not liking the fact that we're still only seeing gameplay from City Heights and Green Hills Zone: Sand Edition.

Though, that new white... techno city location looks slick af!

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the cutscenes look great. I need to watch the trailer a few more times (and wait for a translation) to form a better opinion on it, but I'm actually surprised that it looks good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will this trailer be released in english for North America this week along with new ost? They did say they were wrapping up their Mania posts and starting on Forces hopefully this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Eggman... CREATED Infinite?!?!? Infinite is HIS!

Eggman didn't create Infinite. His lyrics contain the words "I've gone up against better; just take a look at my face"

He's either materializing in a chamber or he's a previous character corrupted by Eggman, hence the "gone up against better" and constant mention of scars and pain throughout the song.

Well... tomorrow is Thursday. We could be seeing the English version for this go up in the morning, if not early next week. SoA usually comes first with the big trailer reveals so I don't imagine they'll be sitting on this for too long.

Not gonna lie, this made me feel much more hyped and actually made me genuinely smile today for the first time in a while, something I really needed. It's refreshing to see a Sonic story with more action and weight behind it again!

God this game is going to be so incredibly self-indulgent with my Avatar and I'll love every minute of it.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 7.25.44 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 4

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

Eggman didn't create Infinite. His lyrics contain the words "I've gone up against better; just take a look at my face"

He's either materializing in a chamber or he's a previous character corrupted by Eggman, hence the "gone up against better" and constant mention of scars and pain throughout the song.

I went and edited my post soon after thinking it over. Again, my fingers run across the keyboard like hot wet syrup when I'm excited. The first things I put down aren't going to be too well thought out.

But that's good because that means it finally GOT ME EXCITED! FINALLY!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed: Shadow's eyes are doing the thing again.

If that's really intentional now and not some "graphical oversight" since we're less than two months away from launch now, I'm really curious to see just how he wound up on Team Eggman.

59b9eb275ca12_ScreenShot2017-09-13at7_35_52PM.png.e96ec00b95b481fb817f00cd8a4ae147.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

They literally could have showed this at the Nintendo direct that was just a few hours before this. Smart SEGA. Smart 

Honestly, I think they just wanted to keep news and stuff to themselves. That's the whole point of the Sonic Movie and the Main Sonic Channel. That's where we've been getting most of the main news anyways.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess it did look like Tails was initially trying to protect those guys didn't it. I hope that's what it was.

Also, this trailer really put a lot of emphasis on Eggman's role as a headliner for this thing. I hope it sticks. I have a feeling it will but they've pulled the rug from under me a lot so far so I'm remaining cautious.

Ohhh...  I've already watched it 4 times. I might love these characters too much. 

• Thumbs Up 3