Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Any villain that literally rips the world apart causing global destruction is more than just a silly villain.  Eggman has no issue taking lives to get what he wsmts wiping the world at 99 percent and ruling the few left in the 1 percent is enough to stop any future uprisings

WIping out the resistance isn't "destroying the world," which is the phrasing the trailer used.

I'm fine with Eggman wiping out the resistance. The resistance is not the entire world, and destroying them is consistent with Eggman's motives.

Eggman blowing up territory that he already controls makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Just now, Dr. Mechano said:

But what you described ins't "destroying the world," which is the phrasing the trailer used.

I'm fine with Eggman wiping out the resistance. The resistance is not the entire world, and destroying them is consistent with Eggman's motives.

Perhaps literal decades of failure, increasing incompetence, and most recently becoming an utter joke has led him to annihlate the planet and continue Gerald's dream? Could Gerald be back?

• Promotion 1

That trailer was pretty cool. Not enough to convince me to buy the game, but I'm at least interested in how the story will play out.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

So, I saw the subtitled story trailer and, uh...

82t06RN.png

Can anyone verify if this is accurate? Because if so, this is really out of character for Eggman. Eggman is a conqueror. He wants to rule the world, not destroy it. He isn't some mindless destructive madman who has no plans for building or creating - that's what sets him apart from almost all of the other villains in this series.

Seriously, do these writers even know who Eggman is?

inb4 it's Eggman Nega in disguise. (In seriousness, if this really is what is said, then... yeah, that ain't the Eggman I know.)

13 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

SA2: Eggman was going to fire the cannon at a country to set an example for the rest of the world. (As he said to the president in that very game, "Otherwise your country will cease to exist! You have 24 hours to give me your answer!")

This one confuses me. Didn't Eggman intend to use the cannon at full power (with all seven Emeralds) though? Or did he just not get the idea that a fully-charged shot might actually blow up more than just the one country? (This is ignoring the "crash into the Earth" protocol that Gerald installed, by the way.)

1 minute ago, Dr. Mechano said:

But what you described ins't "destroying the world," which is the phrasing the trailer used.

Yes blowing up whay 5he has would be odd. If anything he means anything green remaining. He is not.kefka

Just now, Captain Metallix said:

This one does confuse me. Didn't Eggman intend to use the cannon at full power (with all seven Emeralds) though? Or did he just not get the idea that a fully-charged shot might actually blow up more than just the one country? (This is ignoring the "crash into the Earth" protocol that Gerald installed, by the way.)

Just because the cannon can destroy a planet doesn't mean he necessarily set it to full power. The Emeralds just give it unlimited power without any need to recharge or cool down, which was a problem after blowing up the moon earlier.

Eggman could very feasibly pick off any countries that didn't surrender to him, one by one. (Though I imagine after vaporizing just one of them, the rest of the world would surrender to his demands pretty quickly.)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Any villain that literally rips the world apart causing global destruction is more than just a silly villain.

Eggman didn't cause global destruction in Unleashed, though, as everything is still pretty much intact. He purposefully used the chaos emeralds to split the planet apart so he could release Dark Gaia. You know, "as the ancient manuscripts foretold!" and all that.

Eggman has no issue taking lives to get what he wsmts

lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

Why just a city if he can destroy the entire world now, and build it all to his image? That's his plan. Nothing OOC for Eggman.

Eggmanland is all he wants? Meh...

Eggmanworld is his ultimate dream.

But who's he going to rule over if he destroys everything? Even if he rebuilds on the world's ashes, all of his prospective subjects would be destroyed in the process of that destruction.

Plus, it makes especially little sense in Forces, where he already owns most of the world. Why would Eggman break his own stuff?

6 minutes ago, Clewis said:

Eggman didn't cause global destruction in Unleashed, though, as everything is still pretty much intact. He purposefully used the chaos emeralds to split the planet apart so he could release Dark Gaia. You know, "as the ancient manuscripts foretold!" and all that.

lol

Lol noting while many bury their heads up sand and most will say Sega would never take human lives the series has enough incidents in any other non 4 year old esrb game not afraid to come put and say it. Splitting.the earth apart with the force and speed he did in unleashed and them saying no one was hurt is so annoying for the fact you know people had to have does from that. Same from chaos and.same from prison island

They could just mean he's destroying the world to turn it all into his industrialized empire. Tearing down forests to build factories, polluting the water, that sort of thing. Green Hill obviously isn't benefiting from his takeover. I don't think he'll go all Eggman Nega and actively work to wipe out the entire planet and everyone on it.

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

But who's he going to rule over if he destroys everything? Even if he rebuilds on the world's ashes, all of his prospective subjects would be destroyed in the process of that destruction.

Plus, it makes especially little sense in Forces, where he already owns most of the world. Why would Eggman break his own stuff?

I think the word "destroy" might be confusing.

I think Eggman already "destroyed" the world

Is more like... He destroyed it, and if he "destroys" Green Hill (The 1% missing) and rebuilds it completely, the world is fully his.

He can create his own capital where he can rule over people, destroying the world doesn't mean kill everyone.... Is hard to explain.

Destroy doesn't mean turn everything into ruins.

Like @Mister X said!

Eggman's always wanted to create Eggmanland. He needs to space for that. So he's destroying everything. He's not literally blowing the planet to smithereens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dr. Mechano said:

Just because the cannon can destroy a planet doesn't mean he necessarily set it to full power. The Emeralds just give it unlimited power without any need to recharge or cool down, which was a problem after blowing up the moon earlier.

Eggman could very feasibly pick off any countries that didn't surrender to him, one by one. (Though I imagine after vaporizing just one of them, the rest of the world would surrender to his demands pretty quickly.)

I suppose. Though I dunno if it was ever implied whether the Eclipse Cannon's power could be adjusted, with or without the Emeralds.

But yeah, Eggman's never struck me as a 'world-destroyer'. (Though, as others have noted, the word 'destroy' is probably being used in a different context in the trailer.) To me, he's a goofy conqueror with a big, fat ego, and he wants the people of the world to know that. He'll turn little creatures into wacky robots, and maybe blow up a city or two for his own benefits. Like making space for his (non-interstellar) amusement parks, or instilling fear into people so they'll meet his demands.

...Now I kinda want to see a revamped Eggmanland in Forces. Not even necessarily as a final level.

Guys, why would Eggman destroy the planet he wants to conquer? His desire is power, not destruction- We have Eggman Nega and the D6 for the latter.

He just wants to use Infinite/the Ruby to get rid of all his enemies in order to cement his victory. If destroying everything was his goal, he wouldn't have wasted time conquering 99% of the planet.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Splitting.the earth apart with the force and speed he did in unleashed and them saying no one was hurt is so annoying for the fact you know people had to have does from that.

You can't look at the events of Unleashed from a realistic standpoint and say "Well of course some people had to have died from that." Realistically, if the planet split apart like it did in Unleashed everyone would die. Everyone. It's just one of those instances where you're supposed to suspend your disbelief for a bit.

And honestly, Eggman killing people to achieve some sort of goal always seemed like something he'd do as a last-ditch effort sort of thing, as if he really had no other option. Him going about casually killing people while carrying out his world-conquering plans just seems out of character considering how theatrical he typically is, not to mention how boring something like that would be for a character who's known for building over-the-top robots, devices that shoot people into the future, devices that cause mind control, devices that sap the life force from the planet itself, etc.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Clewis said:

You can't look at the events of Unleashed from a realistic standpoint and say "Well of course some people had to have died from that." Realistically, if the planet split apart like it did in Unleashed everyone would die. Everyone. It's just one of those instances where you're supposed to suspend your disbelief for a bit.

And honestly, Eggman killing people to achieve some sort of goal always seemed like something he'd do as a last-ditch effort sort of thing, as if he really had no other option. Him going about casually killing people while carrying out his world-conquering plans just seems out of character considering how theatrical he typically is, not to mention how boring something like that would be for a character who's known for building over-the-top robots, devices that shoot people into the future, devices that cause mind control, devices that sap the life force from the planet itself, etc.

Like he did sort of like on tails SA ending

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, his plan there was always to destroy the city and build his own thing on the ruins. That's also kinda what he's doing here, at least as far as the city stage goes.

Though it could also be that he's just continuing to go off the deeper end (something that's...sort of been a thing since Unleashed/Colours) and really could be looking to destroy the world. Or at least cause a lot more destruction than he normally would and they're exaggerating it a bit cuz it's a trailer.

21745160_368137223619810_1502635049_o.jp

My favorite wisp has been confirmed. Yay

I've also read a theory that Eggman has been using the Phantom Ruby Prototype on Shadow and the other villains as experiments for Infinite, before creating the ultimate version, and that's why they follow him, they are under Eggman's control, not Infinite's. I actually like this.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Or maybe they're sticking with the nonsensical "Sonic's world and Earth are separate planets" thing, and Eggman wishes to destroy Sonic's world (for some reason) while leaving Earth alone. Which might explain why we're seeing anthro citizens instead of humans in the games for the first time.

Anyway where's my boy Big at.

• Thumbs Up 1

The world's a big place just cause antros are in it does not mean it's separate from humans. Just different regions.  Its a vast world

I do wish to see ghost girl again

• Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:
21745160_368137223619810_1502635049_o.jp

My favorite wisp has been confirmed. Yay

I've also read a theory that Eggman has been using the Phantom Ruby Prototype on Shadow and the other villains as experiments for Infinite, before creating the ultimate version, and that's why they follow him, they are under Eggman's control, not Infinite's. I actually like this.

Wait, isn't it supposed to be lightning/burst capsules instead of drill and asteroid? The levels changes wisps based on wispons?

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The world's a big place just cause antros are in it does not mean it's separate from humans. Just different regions.  Its a vast world

I do wish to see ghost girl again

You gotta admit it's a little strange though that Sonic Unleashed took us all over the world and not a single anthro outside of the usual gang was to be seen anywhere.

It would actually make sense if these cities were in "Sonic's world," separate from the human world we see in the Adventure games and Unleashed. That would explain the green Hill-esque terrain flanking the outskirts of Park Avenue. 

I still don't like the concept, though. 

• Thumbs Up 1