Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

Sonic x eggman was one of dumbest eggman protralys I've seen. Thatvone line about how the metarix tried to hurt Chris was going to far still irks me. Chris in general was the vain of that show. Sure eggman all those countless ear machines you made from the games are just to play with people or cramming animals into machines to destroy their homes with toxic waste

Also anyone else think the scene with rouge is at the end of beginning

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Also anyone else think the scene with rouge is at the end of beginning

You mean at the end of the prologue? It seemed like it was near the final battle of the game.

It seems Eggman is a lot more competent this time around, and it's kind of being treated seriously by the characters, but there is still some nice banter during the Egg Dragoon boss, I kinda like that, it reminds me of the Lego Dimensions dialogue.

Just now, Jack the Rookie said:

It seems Eggman is a lot more competent this time around, and it's kind of being treated seriously by the characters, but there is still some nice banter during the Egg Dragoon boss, I kinda like that, it reminds me of the Lego Dimensions dialogue.

I watched the Sonic story from the game and the dialogue seemed very well-written.

27 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

You mean at the end of the prologue? It seemed like it was near the final battle of the game.

Or could it be a early start to try and counter a early attack only to be best nut yea most likely the end

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Jango said:

Not saying it's horrid, just saying it's stupid how Forces is handling this matter. Why can't the fucker speak?

Because you can choose the voice. Custom characters in video games generally don't speak during cutscenes if you choose the voice.

God Eater seems to be the exception, but the character you create only has one cutscene at the very end that they speak in. And that's probably because they'd have to record the same lines 20 or so times with 20 different voice actors. If they were to speak throughout the entire game, that'd take a very long time to record (not to mention it'd be pretty expensive).

I mean, Link doesn't talk, so I don't see the big deal.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Because you can choose the voice. Custom characters in video games generally don't speak during cutscenes if you choose the voice.

God Eater seems to be the exception, but the character you create only has one cutscene at the very end that they speak in. And that's probably because they'd have to record the same lines 20 or so times with 20 different voice actors. If they were to speak throughout the entire game, that'd take a very long time to record (not to mention it'd be pretty expensive).

All the Saints Row games from 2 onward has custom characters with different voice options that speak.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I mean, Link doesn't talk, so I don't see the big deal.

Link not talking has been a complaint tho...no ones giving that a pass

That's exactly the kind of thing I was talking about and makes me excited to see if this can actually pull this off right, holy crap

Iizuka's already said that most of the game isn't like Park Avenue in it's bleak destruction. And that city is where Sonic and the resistance of OCs are holed up, so of course it makes sense for him to go on the warpath and outright demolish it in comparison.

If they can tie in the stakes of Eggman being flat out tyrannical to anthros and such who already oppose him with Sonic and Co, while being an overall populist to the rest of the world (albeit very pushy, dishonest, and corrupt on a lot of matters) that'd be flat-out the best of both worlds, wow

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 2
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Dizcrybe said:

All the Saints Row games from 2 onward has custom characters with different voice options that speak.

I see.

I dunno then. Maybe they don't have enough in the budget for voice acting. They did have to replace Espio's voice since Troy Baker is too expensive now.

55 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Link not talking has been a complaint tho...no ones giving that a pass

I'd rather not have Link talk either, honestly. That's a discussion for a different thread, though.

1 hour ago, Joseph Henry said:

So that pretty much implies that Eggman is "convincing" the world to join his empire, that he will create a new "amazing world". And majority of people in the world is on board with that, is being mind controlled, or just under pressure of his robots and Infinite (the most likely). The resistance (And Green Hill citizens) is the few people who won't put up with that, and will fight back.

That's a really interesting plot premise! I'm really excited if that's true.

I think you're reaching a bit. I don't see any reason to think that people are willingly going along with Eggman's takeover or are being brainwashed; sounds like Eggman's just spewing propaganda and Knuckles is calling out to anyone able and willing to fight.

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I think you're reaching a bit. I don't see any reason to think that people are willingly going along with Eggman's takeover or are being brainwashed; sounds like Eggman's just spewing propaganda and Knuckles is calling out to anyone able and willing to fight.

Maybe not an outright takeover, but there is the one factor that makes this idea not all that farfetched:

The Phantom Ruby, and how it alters reality, and/or creates illusions.

See Zavok and Chaos. Obviously they're being controlled by Infinite, maybe due to brainwashing, maybe due to illusions, but it shows that people who would otherwise be unwilling to cooperate, are actually following through with Eggman's scheme due to these powers. Who's to say that can't be applied to the rest of Eggman's schemes and establisments throughout the world?

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

"or just under pressure of his robots and Infinite (the most likely)"

5 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Maybe not an outright takeover, but there is the one factor that makes this idea not all that farfetched:

Reveal hidden contents

The Phantom Ruby, and how it alters reality, and/or creates illusions.

See Zavok and Chaos. Obviously they're being controlled by Infinite, maybe due to brainwashing, maybe due to illusions, but it shows that people who would otherwise be unwilling to cooperate, are actually following through with Eggman's scheme due to these powers. Who's to say that can't be applied to the rest of Eggman's schemes and establisments throughout the world?

If Eggman's got access to that kind of power, why is there even a resistance left at all? What's stopped them from being booped into obedience like most of the rest of the world?

1 minute ago, Joseph Henry said:

"or just under pressure of his robots and Infinite (the most likely)"

Which means the story is the same as it's always been and I'm not sure why this was supposed to make it any more interesting.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

If Eggman's got access to that kind of power, why is there even a resistance left at all? What's stopped them from being booped into obedience like most of the rest of the world?

Which means the story is the same as it's always been and I'm not sure why this was supposed to make it any more interesting.

They know what Eggman does to their friends and homes, and/or his past schemes, and are less likely to be influenced as a result? They're more jaded?

Kinda easy to adress tbh. It's the same with Eggman's Interstellar Amusement Park. People were supposedly visiting and participating on it to some degree, but Sonic, Tails, and the rest of the gang didn't buy into it for one second and were investigating, in comparison. Even without illusions or outright brainwashing, it works just fine.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

59bc2a2878d3f_Screenshot2017-09-1512_29_18.thumb.png.7b8851d15da1debcd4087f2ff31c5295.png

Well Eggman does say this in the new trailer. It looks like Infinte's power has some sort of limit, and he needs 3 days before he can remove Sonic and his friends from reality. It will be interesting to see the limits of Infinite's power, and what exactly he did to the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

59bc2a2878d3f_Screenshot2017-09-1512_29_18.thumb.png.7b8851d15da1debcd4087f2ff31c5295.png

Well Eggman does say this in the new trailer. It looks like Infinte's power has some sort of limit, and he needs 3 days before he can remove Sonic and his friends from reality. It will be interesting to see the limits of Infinite's power, and what exactly he did to the world.

Maybe disappear just means he defeats them all by that time. Average villain dialogue. 

• Nice Smile 1

Meaning by the third day, Eggman will be ready to begin his world conquering.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering how long those zones were and it took them exactly 3 days to get to Egg Fleet.

In this context, it has to mean something different...maybe the ∞ is a charging villain.

Remember that Sonic Forces mobile reffers to the Phantom Ruby as "prototype", so it's basically imperfect and need time to "charge". 

• Thumbs Up 2