Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

23 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

But then, how do we beat him? Wouldn't any and every attack just clip right through?

He doesn't have to be an illusion in the sense of an optical illusion (like a hologram). Its more likely he's an illusion in the sense of something that is not the real deal, something that isn't what it seems. Like a bottle of Pepsi with the labels switched to say Coke. Its Soda, but someone, somewhere is pulling a fast one.

Or for a more complex example, Infinite has re-written a piece of reality. What you are seeing and feeling isn't how things are supposed to be.

To me, the most probable explanation is Infinite is distorting space time to "time-clone" the other members of Eggman's top enforcers, and then further powering them up with his own ability set.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5637/20170919-sonicforces.html?tkgpscom=dc_sonicforces_ps_tw_20170919

Resistance forces are formed all over the world to combat this threat. Fellows like Sonic's homie Tails, Knuckles, Silver and Espion of the Captains gathered forces and confront the Eggman army. And the customized character "Avatar" made by you also participates as a new entrance to resistance. Meet Sonic and fight to regain peace to the world.

"Sonic Force" which develops a full-scale story with hot breasts just like a movie. Let's enjoy the biggest fight in the history of successive characters, which will be unfolded with the appearance of all the characters!

i think there is something wrong with this translation.  But it really seems that they are putting A LOT of focus on the story here. Which is fine by me!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4

4 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5637/20170919-sonicforces.html?tkgpscom=dc_sonicforces_ps_tw_20170919

Resistance forces are formed all over the world to combat this threat. Fellows like Sonic's homie Tails, Knuckles, Silver and Espion of the Captains gathered forces and confront the Eggman army. And the customized character "Avatar" made by you also participates as a new entrance to resistance. Meet Sonic and fight to regain peace to the world.

"Sonic Force" which develops a full-scale story with hot breasts just like a movie. Let's enjoy the biggest fight in the history of successive characters, which will be unfolded with the appearance of all the characters!

i think there is something wrong with this translation.  But it really seems that they are putting A LOT of focus on the story here. Which is fine by me!

Clearly the world of Sonic has turned into the world of gangstas, and they found a new way to objectify Rouge like some action movies.

• Chuckle 3

My god, I'm sold! lol I love these translations....

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

"Sonic Force" which develops a full-scale story with hot breasts just like a movie. 

finally, a game I can get behind 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

4 hours ago, Joseph Henry said:

"Sonic Force" which develops a full-scale story with hot breasts just like a movie.

About goddamn time. I've always wanted plot in my Sonic games.

• Chuckle 3

It just warms my heart that this game will actually have a big emphasis on story. And the fact that Shadow is playable again just makes everything better.

• Thumbs Up 3

That line about Eggman destroying the world was reworked into him just destroying the resistance, so that outta satisfy folks who were confused by that

• Thumbs Up 4

Watched the English version of the video. Nothing really we didn't already know. Still wondering what Robotnik is planning to do that takes 3 days... Seriously? 3 whole days?! that's like forever to Sonic! Dr.Eggman might as well be handing the victory gift wrapped over to Sonic at that rate. xD

8 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

A game having a large emphasis on story doesn't mean much when the story is complete pants

Are they comfortable pants? I could use a new pair.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Nice to finally hear the trailer in English. And I have to say, Quinton Flynn does a pretty good job as Silver now that he finally has a chance to speak full sentences now. Lol.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oof, the voice acting in this trailer was... off-putting, to say the least. Like, Knuckles and Infinite sound fine, but everything else sounded somewhat badly. It's like they took some of the worse takes and ran with it.

I liked Knuckles' line telling avatar what to do tho.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ahhhh it's so good to hear these characters with proper dialogue and not just catch phrases and grunts! <3

Still, rewatching this with English dialogue the game seems very serious..I hope there's some fun moments thrown in too. SA1, SA2 and Unleashed could be serious but they still had some funny parts (intentional AND unintentional). The dialogue also sounds off in a way. Maybe it's the way the voice actors said their lines. Hmmm..

EDIT: "Fine...I'll show you fear...and PAIN." lulz the edge 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm gonna be that guy and say I found the dialogue and acting mostly fine, but I prefer dubs to subs anyway so what do I know?

1 minute ago, Depression Kong said:

I think this is the first time I've listened to English voice-acting in a Sonic game and thought "man, this sounds like an anime dub".

That's not a good thing.

Considering Forces is looking to be the most anime Sonic has been since 06...

If I had to critique, the scripting sometimes doesn't really fit what the character models are saying, like "Here goes, Partner!" doesn't really match Sonic's animation. And, something about Quinton Flynn's reads feel out of context somehow. Though I think, again, it's probably the script's fault. Knuckles and Infinite are fine, though

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Ryusuke said:

If I had to critique, the scripting sometimes doesn't really fit what the character models are saying, like "Here goes, Partner!" doesn't really match Sonic's animation. And, something about Quinton Flynn's reads feel out of context somehow. Though I think, again, it's probably the script's fault. Knuckles and Infinite are fine, though

It's likely because they just used the Japanese trailer and edited voicelines where they say stuff.

• Thumbs Up 7