Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

13 minutes ago, Red said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Generations' gameplay so I'm taking a big risk with preordering this game. But hopefully it will be worth it.

I mean if you have concerns regarding the gameplay, why exactly pre order it and tell sega you'll give them money regardless? Wouldn't it be better to wait on reviews, especially since the game will surely not be hard to pick up day one? Idk, just my two cents

I'm glad about the reaction to this trailer! It seems the trailer we've been waiting for, I wonder why show the new stages in cutscenes and not during gameplay, at least we've seen Modern Green Hill. Yeah I don't buy that Sky Sanctuary is in this game, even though I love it, the mobile game doesn't show any changes, and considering Green Hill is so different, I can't see SS looking the same. Nice to see Rouge and Orbot in the game as well, Rouge seems to not be part of the resistance, yet she appears, I wonder what happened to her, and to Tails as well.

• Promotion 1

I'm going to make a guess here. Rouge isn't part of the main Resistance and is on her own mission. That mission being Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I'm glad about the reaction to this trailer! It seems the trailer we've been waiting for, I wonder why show the new stages in cutscenes and not during gameplay, at least we've seen Modern Green Hill. Yeah I don't buy that Sky Sanctuary is in this game, even though I love it, the mobile game doesn't show any changes, and considering Green Hill is so different, I can't see SS looking the same. Nice to see Rouge and Orbot in the game as well, Rouge seems to not be part of the resistance, yet she appears, I wonder what happened to her, and to Tails as well.

Probably showing up due to Shadow being on team Eggman.

I also noticed that Modern Green Hill has actual slopes in it. And yeah, Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary seem nowhere to be seen, or if they are in the game, I won't recognize them.

Rewatching the trailer, it's kind of jarring how some cutscenes like the one where Sonic is falling look really cool yet the ones where characters are talking or standing there give me Sonic 06 vibes. They look awkward, especially that one scene with the copypasta OC's in the background lol. Hope it's not going to be like this throughout. 

I did like that moment where Knuckles smacks Partner hard on the back though, it was cute. Made me chuckle. Hope there's more moments like that and less ow the edge and standing around.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sorry but whenever I hear a feminine voice shouting "SONNIKUU!!" I can't help but get flashbacks to the OVA.

I think I'll like Forces.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah Sega makes good trailers... what else is new?

Sadly no gameplay.

Same old dull footage we've been shown for months.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't know. As I said, we've seen 2D slopes in Modern Green Hill (and ironically not in the Classic stage), and an open area in 3D.

OK, so that was actually a fun trailer. There are a lot of odd visual problems in the cutscenes as people pointed out, but it's overall the first exciting piece of footage they've shown. Too bad the gameplay itself is the worst part of it...

Anyway, it looks like they've finally shown off some new levels. Could this be a scene leading into a full 3D Death Egg Zone?

My15R2h.jpg

Although it could easily be a structure like one of those pyramids, I suppose. It's hard to tell when you know the lighting's iffy in some scenes.

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

1infinitethestupid.png

We now need to add under confirmed powers.

"Can create laser beams from his hands."

Well, he needs powers to be a villian.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Well, he needs powers to be a villian.

... ... no he doesn't...

And even if he must have a super power. Fucking Hell 9 confimed powers, 4 unconfirmed ones! This is what you do when your under 10 and play with action figures not when you're trying to create and actual character for something.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

... ... no he doesn't...

And even if he must have a super power. Fucking Hell 9 confimed powers, 4 unconfirmed ones! This is what you do when your under 10 and play with action figures not when you're trying to create and actual character for something.

Time Distortion and Manipulating Time is kind of the same thing.

But I guess you're right.

6 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

... ... no he doesn't...

To be fair his name is Infinite... So maybe he has infinite powers? Wouldn't be impossible considering...

Spoiler

The phantom ruby was able to transform multiple bots on Mania into totally new bots and gave them each unique powers... and all that was with a single blast of the ruby at the start of the game... With the ruby fused into Infinite that means he could keep using it and gain new powers again and again..

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the amount of powers a villian has really that important?  You could easily make a big list of powers for a bunch of Sonic villians, Metal Sonic, Chaos, hell even Zavok and Shadow.

The only difference is that those villians have their powers informed by a certain source - electricity for Metal, water for Chaos, chaos powers/"I'm the ultimate life form" for Shadow, and robot control/general... stuff for Zavok.

Infinite's shtick is more vague (uhh... the phantom ruby and... cubes, I guess), but that's about it.  All the other characters do a bunch of bullshit non-sensical stuff with their powers throughout the series though.  I think it's one of those things where, even in the context of caring about lore, it's okay to just say "It's Sonic, it doesn't really matter".

Hopefully it all makes for some neato boss fights.

• Thumbs Up 7

I gotta say this trailer was hype!

Also Infinite still hasn't attacked the avatar character even when he's in their personal space like that in pulling a reference to say Mephiles doing the same thing to Shadow. I feel as though The Sega Scourge may just be on to something there about Infinite being a friend of the avatar that got corrupted by the Phantom Ruby.

Then there's also the new fistbump that the avatar does which looks like he may be offering it to Infinite which I do believe because it's in the same futuristic like city and his eyes look serious in trying to save his friend.

Screenshot_20170914-073346.thumb.png.eb75cee617a9cfa69ca3a1fffda29f38.png

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Contrary to what you may think, I don't just mindlessly hate on this game. There's just very little that I can say about it that's positive. 

This trailer definitely isn't hyping me up, but credit where credit is due. If something is good or bad, I'll be honest about it.

I don't think that you mindlessly hate it. I was just surprised you thought that one thing was good. I actually find most of your comments about the game often enough interesting.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2

I just noticed something else because in the futuristic city where it looks like Infinite is encountering the avatar his eye looks like it's shaking as if struggling which I would assume the avatar's offered fist bump does trigger something in him as if say remembrance.

• Thumbs Up 2

As long as the story doesn't go too far like Shadow or 06 it could be interesting. The gameplay still looks mediocre though. Too bad It's a video game and not a comic book. Gameplay matters most. They REALLY need to show off SOMETHING new and interesting on the gameplay front. So tired of the same fucking levels.

7 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

I'm still wary about Pontaff being in charge of  the localization. The plot being written by the Japanese side and the cutscenes actually having some action should at least keep them on a tighter leash than they had in Lost World, but after that game's mess of inconsistent plot points, bizarre characterization choices, and utter refusal to explain anything I wouldn't put it past them to cut critical exposition on why Shadow is suddenly evil in favor of having him make more Baldy McNosehair jokes.

Nakamura confirmed that it won't happen:

But yeah that was cool, looking forward to seeing where this goes, now SEGA, can you please show a zone that isn't Green Hill or Park Avenue?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Well, technically Sky sanctuary and the hexagon city zones are new zones that are kinda confirmed now, and we got a glimpse of new gameplay with Modern Sonic's Green hill section in the trailer.
But yeah, they're really keeping a tight lid on the levels. Makes you wonder if the game's either super short, or if there's another gameplay shoe that's yet to drop.

But yeah, great trailer, loved it. Great energy too it. I'm only dissapointed Classic Sonic's little 5 second cameo unceremoniously showed up sandwiched in the middle. They should have kept that clip of Classic Sonic staring at the camera as the last shot, after the music stopped with a record scratch and a "Oh yeah, he's also still in the game I guess" title appearing.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 3