Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

7 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Well, technically Sky sanctuary and the hexagon city zones are new zones that are kinda confirmed now

Sky Sanctuary wasn't in the trailer, unless you've seen something we all haven't.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man it's just not the same hearing Eggman without Chikao Ohtsuka. The new guy sounds good (and for a split second I thought it was Ohtsuka) but I still miss him

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Man it's just not the same hearing Eggman without Chikao Ohtsuka. The new guy sounds good (and for a split second I thought it was Ohtsuka) but I still miss him

Oh shit yeah! I completely forget this is the new guy!

• Thumbs Up 3

I COME BACK FROM REAL LIFE AND WHAT DO I FIND?!  A NEW SONIC FORCES TRAILER?! OMG this is AMAZING! <3 Move over Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon! Sonic Forces is my main priority this November/December! >:OOO

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to wonder if all the bizarre 1000-yard-stare avatars in the background of that one shot are simply placeholders for actual player characters that'll be loaded in when online or something? I feel like that'd be a neat gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually really enjoyed the trailer. It's anime-esque guff, but I'm a filthy weeb so I was actually down with that. Colour me mildly interested in this game's story. 

I just wish the game it was attached to looked less... naff. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic's friends are being useful? This is already the best story since Black Knight.

Also:

Spoiler

Looks like that "Death Egg Sigma" Aaron teased in this year's birthday video is real, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I literally droppeda tear at work. This looks amazing. I know some hate it but I have the hype the 06 e3 trailer gave me. "Vefore we found out it was broken:

• Thumbs Up 2

Like the trailer, can't wait to hear the English version when it drops.

Knuckles is earning his place on the box cover alright. The hell is Tails doing though? He's absent from all but the bare minimum of shots in this story trailer yet he's still on the box art and other promo art like the t-shirt. Something is definitely up there.

Metal Sonic looks horrifyingly menacing. That Infinite cube effect gives off the darkest look seen from the character yet. 

Very curious what they've done to Shadow this time round. Chaos too. Imagine an even more menacing version of Perfect Chaos...

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Rouge the Bat confirmed! Apparently not apart of the resistance exactly but standing there in the fold as Knuckles says LET'S GO EVERYONE! 

Baron wasteland battleground with tons of people around/

1. So glad to see Rouge. She was the one I was most worried would be ignored.

2. I'm a huge Power Rangers fan so seeing the Heroes getting ready to do battle in a quarry fills me with so much joy.

I was already loving this game as frequent arguments in other threads will show so this just makes me more hyped. Now all I need is a way to play it.

I hope every character has its own moments to shine in the story, or at least to show off their personality. And I also hope Tails and Knuckles are actually playable, and that is why they are in the boxart, t-shirts, posters, etc. but I'm glad they are at least important in the story.

As for the villains, a new form for Chaos would be welcome!

• Thumbs Up 3

I am curious about Blaze though granted her not being in the story could just be due to her being in her own dimension, but at the same time that hasn't stopped her before given that she was at a amusement park and at Sonic's birthday so... if she is in the story maybe she's searching for say Cream because she's missing so given their relationship from Sonic Rush Blaze is trying to find her 1st friend. 

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, JezMM said:

Sky Sanctuary wasn't in the trailer, unless you've seen something we all haven't.

I believe he's referring to the Sky Sanctuary stage in the Forces Mobile game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I got start playing Sonic's games with japanese audio, they are great. Kinda tired of Roger :V 

Nice trailer, it got me excited for a bit. 

Now we talk about why Eggman needs 3 days to "disappear" with Sonic and co. BTW, that's not the first time Eggman has given Sonic this deadline, he did the same in Heroes

This "world is 99% conquered" makes me think the game will feature some percentage system, that decreases as you clear zones and beat bosses.

Also, Forces Classic Sonic in a nutshell:

https://media.giphy.com/media/H6KRGhgRMbBwA/giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

Damn, I got start playing Sonic's games with japanese audio, they are great. Kinda tired of Roger :V

It's lonely being the only fan of Roger's Sonic voice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, what if the space thing Sonic is falling into is not a new death egg, but the ARK? Or maybe even the Little Planet?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

It's lonely being the only fan of Roger's Sonic voice.

I thought most people liked Roger? He's definitely one of the better VA's Sonic's had so far, acting/delivery-wise.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Clewis said:

I thought most people liked Roger? He's definitely one of the better VA's Sonic's had so far, acting/delivery-wise.

He's okay. Not bad. And literally just that. "Okay" and "Not bad". I don't care that much for him in the main series, though. I do, however, love him in Boom. He just fits that Sonic better. But who knows? Maybe this'll be the game that changes my mind just like how Black Knight finally changed my mind on Jason. Ryan is still my favorite in English, though.

As for the story trailer it self, it pretty much has me like this:

4p02Iu1.gif

But it also has me wondering where best girl is. If god awful Silver gets to be in this game, there's no reason Blaze should be around due to the dimensional fuckery going on.

ClxWxxH.png

I want the best duo kicking ass together again, dammit.

But yeah. Super hyped. <3

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Clewis said:

No voice is universally loved. It's just that Roger has had the longest tenure, so people who hate him have just resigned to the fact that he's Sonic now.

Speaking of voices, yea I actually forgot Eggman has a new seiyuu now...damn, both original voices for Eggman have dies...

Everyone else pales in comparison to good ol' Jun'ichi.

Hey Sega if you're gonna have classic Sonic in this game can you at least like, advertise him rather than Original the Character or Sonic's shitty friends we don't even get to play as

Like... you guys do recall that you just released Mania, right? How about you try actually hyping up classic Sonic for a change to draw in fans/critics who loved Mania