Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer (English and Japanese)

Ryusuke

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Like... you guys do recall that you just released Mania, right? How about you try actually hyping up classic Sonic for a change to draw in fans/critics who loved Mania

If I was SEGA and had just released Mania, I'd be pretty embarrassed about Classic Sonic in Forces and would be trying very hard to hide him from this game.

But jokes aside, I do get your point. It just signifies the lack of focus that Forces has and how, even with the plot connections to Mania, Classic Sonic has been wedged in here for only the most cynical of reasons. i.e. it take significantly less time and effort to create his stages and he can be banked on for nostalgia points.

The best Sonic is still Ryan Drummond. His German voice is also very good.

But, Roger has been the longest running voice actor for him now? Wow... Doesn't feel like it at all.

On another note, I wish they covered the Resistance army soldiers' face with helmets or something. It's really noticeable that they copy & pasted the same models 10+ times. I think covering their faces and doing some more colors would help.

I do like ProfessorZolo's idea of replacing them with actual avatars of people when online, too, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

No voice is universally loved.

I get that, but SRB2's post gave off the impression that a lot of the fanbase currently holds some kind of resentment towards Roger, which I found surprising since there's nothing outright offensive regarding his work with the franchise.

But if that's not the case, then whatever.

Nah, Roger is great.

Jason is my personal favorite but Roger suits Sonic's cool, playful, snarky side so well.

Forces might be a test to see if he's capable of making his Sonic sound serious.

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

Like... you guys do recall that you just released Mania, right? How about you try actually hyping up classic Sonic for a change to draw in fans/critics who loved Mania

I actually forgot Mania existed earlier today... Because of Forces... and that's not a good thing. 

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

12 minutes ago, Clewis said:

SRB2's post gave off the impression that a lot of the fanbase currently holds some kind of resentment towards Roger, which I found surprising since there's nothing outright offensive regarding his work with the franchise.

The hate is mainly due to the writing and voice direction in Colors and Lost World that made Sonic sound more cocky and his voice is probably the deepest one for Sonic. 

Regardless, he's my favorite Sonic voice actor.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's bad how. This is a jp trailer ahead of tgs for which more of the jp fan base is excited for. No one's said mania bad. Its had it's limelight.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Clewis said:

I get that, but SRB2's post gave off the impression that a lot of the fanbase currently holds some kind of resentment towards Roger, which I found surprising since there's nothing outright offensive regarding his work with the franchise.

But if that's not the case, then whatever.

I'm speaking only from my experience but Roger seems to get crapped on like a lot.

8 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm speaking only from my experience but Roger seems to get crapped on like a lot.

Ah, I'm just used to seeing people give Roger praise due to his work on the Boom show, so that's probably why your comment stuck out to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thumbs Up 2

Roger has been really impressing me in Sonic Boom, so I'm sure he'll do fine. Yeah, he sounds too old, but eh. He's got the most important part down. And, that's good acting.

It's great hearing Jun'ichi again after all these years, though. He's the Sonic I mostly grew up with. French Sonic is pretty good too from what I heard. He's hilarious in Sonic Boom. 

New Japanese Eggman sounds great.

So, I saw the subtitled story trailer and, uh...

82t06RN.png

Can anyone verify if this is accurate? Because if so, this is really out of character for Eggman. Eggman is a conqueror. He wants to rule the world, not destroy it. He isn't some mindless destructive madman who has no plans for building or creating - that's what sets him apart from almost all of the other villains in this series.

Seriously, do these writers even know who Eggman is?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

Yeah the moment I heard Eggman's JP voice I knew it wasn't Ōtsuka-san. Then I remembered he passed away a few years ago. 8( He sounds good though! Who is the seiyuu?

EDIT: to add to the current conversation Roger's voice as Sonic has really grown on me. I still miss Ryan Drummond though, his was so fun! Spanish Sonic is really cool too.

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Yeah the moment I heard Eggman's JP voice I knew it wasn't Ōtsuka-san. Then I remembered he passed away a few years ago. 8( He sounds good though! Who is the seiyuu?

Kotaro Nakamura.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

So, I saw the subtitled story trailer and, uh...

82t06RN.png

Can anyone verify if this is accurate? Because if so, this is really out of character for Eggman. Eggman is a conqueror. He wants to rule the world, not destroy it. He isn't some mindless destructive madman who has no plans for building or creating - that's what sets him apart from almost all of the other villains in this series.

......................end of sonic adventure 2 darkside story wants a word with you...........unkeashed opening would like a word with you........06 opening would like a word with you...

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I can't verify the translation, but I agree it's very out of character. I think this might well be the same trailer that's going to get shown off at TGS, so an English dub could roll around fairly soon and we'll see what's going on there.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

SA2: Eggman was going to fire the cannon at a country to set an example for the rest of the world. (As he said to the president in that very game, "Otherwise your country will cease to exist! You have 24 hours to give me your answer!")

Unleashed: Eggman splits the world apart, but doesn't destroy it. It still exists, and he breaks it open to unleash Dark Gaia.

06: Eggman's motive is to seize control of time, not destroy the world.

In none of these games is total planetary destruction even close to Eggman's motivation. He's willing to destroy cities and even countries to get what he wants, but he absolutely wants the world - and he can't very well conquer it if there is no world left.

Yet you proved my poimt eggman is a vilkian and countless times has destroyed to get what he wants.  And who's to say he wants to destroy the world and rebuild it with infinite in the.image he wants.

Just now, Meta77 said:

Yet you proved my poimt eggman is a vilkian and countless times has destroyed to get what he wants.  And who's to say he wants to destroy the world and rebuild it with infinite in the.image he wants.

Who's going to be left to rule over, though?

Eggman wants to rule over people, and if he destroys the world, all of his prospective citizens will be dead. Unless Infinite can create people to fill Eggman's empire with (or, alternatively, resurrect the dead after everything's destroyed), that plan doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

......................end of sonic adventure 2 Parkside story wants a word with you...........unkeashed opening would like a word with you........06 opening would like a word with you...

Those instances in Adventure 2 and 06 has Eggman using destructive weapons largely to threaten people into submission, not just to cause destructive chaos.

And Unleashed's opening has him splitting the world apart so he can use Dark Gaia as a tool to help him build Eggmanland. It's not like he sits back after the opening, relishing in all of the mayhem he's caused by blowing the planet apart.

He's Eggman, and he's got the master plan, which usually involves a bit more than just "blow shit up because I'm evil".

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2

2 minutes ago, Clewis said:

Those instances in Adventure 2 and 06 has Eggman using destructive weapons largely to threaten people into submission, not just to cause destructive chaos.

And Unleashed's opening has him splitting the world apart so he can use Dark Gaia as a tool to help him build Eggmanland. It's not like he sits back after the opening, relishing in all of the mayhem he's caused by blowing the planet apart.

He's Eggman, and he's got the master plan, which usually involves a bit more than just "blow shit up because I'm evil".

Any villain that literally rips the world apart causing global destruction is more than just a silly villain.  Eggman has no issue taking lives to get what he wsmts wiping the world at 99 percent and ruling the few left in the 1 percent is enough to stop any future uprisings

8 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

SA2: Eggman was going to fire the cannon at a country to set an example for the rest of the world. (As he said to the president in that very game, "Otherwise your country will cease to exist! You have 24 hours to give me your answer!")

Unleashed: Eggman splits the world apart, but doesn't destroy it. It still exists, and he breaks it open to unleash Dark Gaia.

06: Eggman's motive is to seize control of time, not destroy the world.

In none of these games is total planetary destruction even close to Eggman's motivation. He's willing to destroy cities and even countries to get what he wants, but he absolutely wants the world - and he can't very well conquer it if there is no world left. To depict Eggman as being willing to destroy the entire planet is to fundamentally misunderstand Eggman's entire character. Which I fear Forces is going to do, big-time, if this trailer's translation is accurate.

Well as saiad, if Eggman can blow up the world in Unleashed and its fine, I think theres more to what we see hear. He could mean to jus tdestory the remaining parts of hte world he doesnt control/just the resistance, etc I dont see why he'd want planetary destruction like ehs some FF villian lmao