Awoo.

My Hero Academia

Soniman

Uverworld single for "Odd Future" just dropped yesterday in Japan and my copy arrived today!

31841690_1697166966985652_2532048714671831841976_1697166916985657_81712345511886

Single comes with 4 songs on it:
1. Odd Future
2. Plot
3. Core Stream
4. Odd Future (Short ver.)

Goodness do I looooooove, Odd Future! The full version literally is a Jazzy dance party song, and it sounds so great. 

Say what you want about it not fitting Hero Academia or the arc itself, but as a Uverworld song it's really darn good (Would say it's my absolute favorite song from them now, even topping classics from them like "Chance", "Color of the Heart", or "D-Technolife".) It definitely feels very unique. I'll have to give the other two songs a listen to later since I'm too busy still jamming to "Odd Future".

• Thumbs Up 2

I've wondered for a while. How is this topic not blown up like the Dragon ball one? This anime is the highlight of the late spring / summer. The hype levels in these fights have people on the edge of their seat. And yes it is another shonen anime, it's done extremely well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Always felt that it was because of nostalgia and lack of interest. I'm not using nostalgia in a bad way, but just saying that Dragon Ball is a very nostalgic series for many (myself included) and that gives a lot of people things to really talk about, along with the fact the franchise is still alive with new things being added for fans to enjoy. 

And then I say lack of interest because of the sole fact that while Hero has been blowing up in anime communities and Shonen Jump manga communities, it probably just doesn't make a lot of people here feel like really discussing it much, sadly. And I've noticed there's quite a few here that actually like Hero, but I possibly could count on one hand how many of us consistently talk about it. lol (And I guess it makes it somewhat hard for me since I'm caught up in the manga, so I have to always watch what I say and post because I believe majority here are anime-only except for like two other people.)

For me it's cause outside big fights hero is rather boring honestly.  sure we learn more about the already large cast but so many it's boring at times

I really enjoy MHA compared to watching the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. Every time I thought DBS had a chance to do something new or different... the solution was just “oh just make the good guy get way stronger again” and the plot resolved itself. Hero isn’t just about power like Dragon Ball is, it deals a lot with morals and how people think and feel. It’s hard to talk about DBS because theres not much to it aside from “Hey did you see the newest transformation?”, but MHA operates at just a deep enough level that you can actually discuss the issues it puts forward.

........MHA is a typical manga. It actually has not done anything different. The only real difference is that the character may yell out. I am doing this to show my resolve. *powers up to deliever one more punch or the putting your body in harms way to protect someone. Actually when you think about no manga or anime has really done anything just drastic in a long time.

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

........MHA is a typical manga. It actually has not done anything different. The only real difference is that the character may yell out. I am doing this to show my resolve. *powers up to deliever one more punch or the putting your body in harms way to protect someone.

I'm not going to pretend that MHA has the most inventive fights in the history of manga, but there's usually more going on than just yelling and punching harder.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I'm not going to pretend that MHA has the most inventive fights in the history of manga, but there's usually more going on than just yelling and punching harder.

Yea and I was saying it's the I will protect you with my life cause it's what heroes do plot points. Not saying the fights are bad but that it's all been dine before.  mha just has a very large and vivid cast

Comparing MHA to DBS when it comes to the overall plot isn't honestly fair. MHA is a modern shonen, and if fully utilizes that to it's advantage, playing with stuff other series of the same style did in the past, either subverting, averting or twisting them into something different. While DBS is basically still functionally the same classic style of DB and DBZ, both of which basically created the tropes MHA usually plays with, playing them straight at the time because they were new, Super following the same path, while every once in a while subverting them to throw us for a loop, and while the basic storytelling is simple, the writing usually follows Toriyama's rather wild style of humor and action, meaning you know how it'll end but not always how they'll get there.

Speaking as someone who enjoys both shows, it's fun to have something that plays with your expectations, but at the same time, there's nothing wrong with something a bit more classic and predictable, as long as both are enjoyable and fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

mha_visual.jpg

Going to Anime Expo? Funimation will be showing the world premiere of the Hero Academia movie a month before it shows in Japan! The movie is also going to be in theaters in U.S. and Canada this Fall! 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-07/funimation-toho-host-world-premiere-of-my-hero-academia-two-heroes-film-at-anime-expo/.132572

(Going to do whatever I can to watch this movie multiple times in theaters LOL)

• Thumbs Up 2

Grabbed the first four volumes of the MHA manga when I was in the city a few days ago. I've read through the first volume thus far and I'm loving it, Deku and his story especially is really interesting. I love the idea of a character who was forced to live powerless in a world filled with heroes and villains with powers and probably one of the few people who wanted to be a genuine hero in this world to save people, not for fame and glory.

Can't wait to go through Volumes 2-4. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

32 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Going to Anime Expo? Funimation will be showing the world premiere of the Hero Academia movie a month before it shows in Japan! The movie is also going to be in theaters in U.S. and Canada this Fall! 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-07/funimation-toho-host-world-premiere-of-my-hero-academia-two-heroes-film-at-anime-expo/.132572

(Going to do whatever I can to watch this movie multiple times in theaters LOL)

If it's the dub coming to theaters then I'll do my best to be right there as well.

I can't tell you how awesome it is to not have to wait on them to dub this season. Hopefully this becomes the norm with anime going forward.

Ill watch it if the movie is good, but my expectatinos for anime only movies are very low.

I always assumed so since the majority I believe are anime-only, and I'm not sure how it'll be like tagging manga spoilers here (without trying to slip up), or creating a different thread for manga-only people. 

Anyways, that new episode was beautiful in every way possible... Was crying from the start to finish of episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I always assumed so since the majority I believe are anime-only, and I'm not sure how it'll be like tagging manga spoilers here (without trying to slip up), or creating a different thread for manga-only people. 

Anyways, that new episode was beautiful in every way possible... Was crying from the start to finish of episode.

I had tears forming around the same time that

the helicopter guy was crying.

• 2 weeks later...

New visual for the upcoming Provisional License Exam arc and movie designs!

tumblr_messaging_pb2b3yYanh1t0jmsi_1280.tumblr_messaging_pb2b80MnKd1t0jmsi_1280.

I like how it's a nice homage to volume 12 and 13 covers. Anyways, anime is on break next week, and the Provisional License exam officially starts on July 14th! Young/Prime Might looks pretty cool, and of course Deku keeps wearing the red shoes no matter what. XD

Hero Academia is also getting a special variant cover for volume 1. Only available exclusive at San Diego Comic-Con
PLUS ULTRA!

tumblr_pb0ob2i9g31tlfjtro1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Had to watch the subs for the 2 newest episodes. They were pretty nice, and I liked the moments with Deku's mom from End of the Beginning. Also,

Tsu's apology in the dorm episode made me feel bad for her, and her friends comforting was emotional.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw the newest episode. So,

now we have new openings and endings, we're at the start of the arc, we get to se Hatsume again, who is rather funny here, and Deku gets some nice development by learning to stop trying to imitate All Might and making his own fighting style.

Really feels great to have a new Hero episode back! 

Thoughts on the opening/ending 

I thought the opening song itself was alright. Not as good as the previous opening songs, though I quite like the visuals and all the heavy foreshadowing that's packed to the brim in the opening itself. One little neat thing I like is Studio Bones continuing to take a color page from the manga and using it in the opening!tumblr_pbuuv19F6B1uh6a4ko2_540.jpg

latest?cb=20161111092021

I love that Twice got added to one of my favorite color pages, especially since he's one of my favorite villains!

The previous time they took a color page from the manga was last opening for "Odd Future"
Image result for deku and all might bench

4.jpg?1514333320

The ending song is pretty nice along with the visuals as usual. Really love all the moments of Izuku and All Might being together because their father-son/mentor-student bond is incredibly strong and great to watch.

Thoughts on episode 52/season 3 episode 14 content

Great stuff as usual. It's nice to see the kids continuing to to train themselves and now focusing on ultimate moves that'll lead into awesome moments in the future for them in fights. Mei Hatsume basically steals the show with her over the top personality, but I love what's said about her with how she will become important in the future and the 1-A kids will be relying on her when they turn into Pro Heroes. It just makes me highly excited for the future regards Hatsume as a character because she's one of my absolute favorites, and I would love to see how big of a name she'll build for herself and what new helpful inventions she'll come up with. 

My personal favorite part of the episode is just watching Izuku come to the realization that he doesn't need to keep imitating All Might, and we're continuing to slowly see him branch away from being an All Might 2.0 Symbol of Peace but into Deku: The Symbol of Peace that he's meant to be. 

Though, I honestly felt that the final scene lacked the same impact and energy that the manga had, and it's probably just animation vs manga art sort of thing. Comes straight down to preference. For me, it felt like the manga was superior in the end when it came to Deku saving All Might. The art was just absolutely godly. 

0HPkPRYJe1KY67soVbub3BYodi_05I9TjPEaWifaY-f9_p7FYUmyHdbjVfuBBhOkWC9qlYAMlPuD7w=s0?title=019_1470189521.png

_vAPfIYu5QLPfq1d8B2iOZyyYre3mOxVM2ug1-Oz5zr7HyiGAWKvsb3isrEcIke-i-keTZoiOhLTWg=s0?title=020_1470189521.png

Please let this sink in that this level of art is produced in a weekly serialized story. Weekly. 

Horikoshi-sensei is absolutely insane to be able to produce this much detail and I just love him and Hero Academia for how high quality it is. 

But as usual, it's a great episode of Hero Academia that continues pushing towards new things. The next episode teases more exciting things to come! 
(I'll try and get back to talking weekly about the episodes, been busy with school and stuff!)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly because of her design and she's a frog from what I can tell. There's people out there that genuinely like her character such as her straightforward personality and quirk abilities, but Tsuyu really blew up by fans early on in the story and was mostly seen as that really cute frog character from that one series. Despite barely getting heavy focus in the story at all, she still gets marketed a lot and is one character that's consistently having lines (more so than a character like Ojiro from Class 1-A).