Jump to content
Soniman

My Hero Academia

Recommended Posts

Just watched episode 1 of Season 4. Really good start, even just for a filler/recap episode. New OP/ED is catchy as hell, and will get some feels if you already know about Eri's situation in the manga. 

Also looks like they're officially making Two Heroes canon. Not only did MHA's creator mention it frequently as his "peaked" moment in the English release of Volume 20. Season 4 starts with it being mentioned in the recap as part of All Might's history, and mentions David Shield as his early sidekick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 3:01 PM, DabigRG said:

Hey, what's going on with people being mad about the Season 4 premiere?

It is a network-mandated filler recap episode. Some viewers weren't happy about that fact.

Do note that these episodes are mandated so that the series isn't locked off to those who weren't keeping up, and can use the recap to know what they need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

It is a network-mandated filler recap episode. Some viewers weren't happy about that fact.

Do note that these episodes are mandated so that the series isn't locked off to those who weren't keeping up, and can use the recap to know what they need to know.

Okay. What is the airing schedule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

5:30 PM JST, every Saturday.

This week, there is a break. But the schedule resumes next week.

Oops. So the issue would've been resolved within a week under normal circumstance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 7:42 PM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Tonight's episode was the debut of Red Riot Unbreakable, really liked how they adapted it from the manga. Already the pacing feels better than how the manga did it, although granted it didn't get really bad in the manga until they got into Overhaul's bunker, so we'll see how it goes from there.

Yeah, I just got through watching. 

That was..eeh.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So Eri sticks around for a bit? Huh. 

Shoto Todoroki’s pain didn’t instantly heal during the Sports Festival, why should we think Eri's pain would instantly heal too? Plus, no parents. And she has a super useful Quirk that would be great to get under control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Shoto Todoroki’s pain didn’t instantly heal during the Sports Festival, why should we think Eri's pain would instantly heal too? Plus, no parents. And she has a super useful Quirk that would be great to get under control.

Todoroki is a preestablished main character that's a part of the same class and his dad is All Might's Always Second Best, though. He had to stick around.

I kinda expected Eri to be sent to a shelter or something once the arc was over with some cameos and mentions afterwards, kinda like what happened with Koda.

I guess I should note that I've been watching exclusively through the Toonami, so watching the trailer there was a genuine surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 2:02 AM, DabigRG said:

Todoroki is a preestablished main character that's a part of the same class and his dad is All Might's Always Second Best, though. He had to stick around.

I kinda expected Eri to be sent to a shelter or something once the arc was over with some cameos and mentions afterwards, kinda like what happened with Koda.

I guess I should note that I've been watching exclusively through the Toonami, so watching the trailer there was a genuine surprise.

It was explained in the finale of Part 1 though, Eri's quirk is too dangerous to allow her to be near people right now because she was never given any training for it.

Spoiler

Anytime Eri would go ballistic with it, Overhaul would use his quirk to kill her and rebuild her, that's why he kept saying to Deku that the only way to prevent his death now was to give Eri up and allow him to destroy and remake her.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It was explained in the finale of Part 1 though, Eri's quirk is too dangerous to allow her to be near people right now because she was never given any training for it.

  Reveal hidden contents

Anytime Eri would go ballistic with it, Overhaul would use his quirk to kill her and rebuild her, that's why he kept saying to Deku that the only way to prevent his death now was to give Eri up and allow him to destroy and remake her.

 

Again, Toonami. As far as I know, Eri's quirk is one half Overhaul, one half whatever her mom could do involving other Quirks.

That is interesting to know though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Again, Toonami. As far as I know, Eri's quirk is one half Overhaul, one half whatever her mom could do involving other Quirks.

That is interesting to know though.

Spoilers, but

Spoiler

Eri's quirk is completely different from Overhaul. She can rewind people and their states. That's what makes her so powerful, but she can't control it at all, harkening back to Deku originally getting One for All, she can only use it at all or nothing, so she requires Aizawa nearby to use his quirk to disable her own.

She sticks around because Deku and Mirio, as well as other UA students want to show her a good life, and if she can control her quirk, she can potentially help the victims of the quirk destruction drugs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After last night's episode, I'm still a little unsure as to whether Eri is actually his daughter or not. Based on the general impression that he is probably eviler than Shigaraki, my initial thought of the obvious seemed a little unnecessary/irrelevant. Though there is the credits...

Also, I'm now a bit unsure about how exactly Overhaul works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 5 has been confirmed today. No news on a release date though, I'd wager around April-May of 2021, if we go by the pattern of Season 2 to Season 3.

This is obviously speculation on my part, but if I were to take a guess on what will be covered - it will likely cover the Joint Training arc for Part 1 - which is based on Class 1-A and Class 1-B training together in a series of capture events, with Shinso from the Sports Festival arc also joining in to try earn a place in the Hero Course. This arc also involves Deku discovering more about One for All, although I won't discuss any further.

The second part of the season will likely be what many call one of the best arcs - My Villain Academia. This arc focuses on the backstories of the League of Villains members as they go up against the Meta Liberation Force, and will go further into Togura's attempts to prove himself as All for One's successor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm rewatching the Gentle & La Brava fight and it literally just occurred to me: so I always found the latter's design to be a weird choice considering she looks like a girl Mineta, but I realize now that she's actually supposed to evoke Eri.

In other news, did the next episode not air on Toonami? I noticed that the title and description of the end of the fight describes Deku returning rather than the fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So I'm rewatching the Gentle & La Brava fight and it literally just occurred to me: so I always found the latter's design to be a weird choice considering she looks like a girl Mineta, but I realize now that she's actually supposed to evoke Eri.

In other news, did the next episode not air on Toonami? I noticed that the title and description of the end of the fight describes Deku returning rather than the fight. 

All of the episodes aired on Toonami to my knowledge - I generally use the Toonami reddit for anime news and all that, and they'd been complaining about the La Brava and Gentle fight being re-run multiple times over due to Funimation's delays.

A quick read on the Toonami reddit says that last week showed the finale to the series, so all episodes have aired on Toonami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

All of the episodes aired on Toonami to my knowledge - I generally use the Toonami reddit for anime news and all that, and they'd been complaining about the La Brava and Gentle fight being re-run multiple times over due to Funimation's delays.

A quick read on the Toonami reddit says that last week showed the finale to the series, so all episodes have aired on Toonami.

Ope, well thanks why. Anyway, I was just able to use my service's updates to watch the missing episode(the actual performances) after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.