Awoo.

Sonic Forces will be streamed at EGX (Thursday 2PM UK)

MudHunter

My sister is going so I've given her instructions to play Forces, give me her impressions and take as much merch as possible.

As soon as I saw stream, I was excited for a bit.

But seeing how this is apparently a tournament, I won't expect anything cept maybe a few new looks and features for the Avatar.

Meh...cool I guess. 

Man... if we only knew someone who would be there then... someone who was actually sorta alright at Sonic games...

... ... ... Would now be a good time to plug my Twitter and Instagram account? Join me in my adventure to infiltrate Playstation Access!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Filipe1020 said:

Is just me or SEGA is holding back from revealing more stages on purpose?

I think they're trying to avoid a Generations scenario where the entire game is leaked before release, hence only two zones so far and teases of others.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Dannymax440 said:

I think they're trying to avoid a Generations scenario where the entire game is leaked before release, hence only two zones so far and teases of others.

They should have picked better zones then.

• Chuckle 2

2 hours ago, Spooky Mulder said:

They should have picked better zones then.

No, then you'd have people complaining they revealed all of the good stuff first. Movie trailers are susceptible to this, don't want to do it to a game. 

Imagine if instead of six out-of-seven different parts of green hill, they'd shown off five more levels and one bit of green hill. You're not showing any more of the game, just showing it off better.

• Thumbs Up 1

i just want this stupid game to come out already. they're really trying to rip every hair follicle out of my scalp huh.

8 hours ago, Neo Metallix said:

No, then you'd have people complaining they revealed all of the good stuff first. Movie trailers are susceptible to this, don't want to do it to a game. 

Showing the good stuff when marketing your game is better than showing all the worst parts

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Dannymax440 said:

Well that's bloody stupid. I hate to bring up Super Mario Odyssey again, but Nintendo has done an excellent job showing a variety of worlds and yet still keeping a lot of surprises under wraps. Why can't Sonic Team do something similar??

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Well that's bloody stupid. I hate to bring up Super Mario Odyssey again, but Nintendo has done an excellent job showing a variety of worlds and yet still keeping a lot of surprises under wraps. Why can't Sonic Team do something similar??

Gabzie, I've been giving that same argument since 2015(Just replace Odyssey with any other properly marketed game) when it comes to Forces in this forum and no one has given me a satisfying answer xD

Probably because there is no answer aside from SEGA being a stupid company that should just let Atlus handle everything.

Yeah fun fact according to Mania's credits, the marketing for Mania was handled by Atlus. SEGA, just let them do it for all games, cause you sure as fuck don't know how to market.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yup, even the marketing for this has been odd. SEGA of Japan creates these cool looking story trailers that excite and intrigue me, while SEGA of America just...throws out random gameplay footage with no rhyme or reason, gameplay footage that looks rough as hell and quickly makes me lose interest again. 

One company marketing the story aspect, the other pure gameplay. Err, SEGA..

why-not-both-gif-2.gif

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Yup, even the marketing for this has been odd. SEGA of Japan creates these cool looking story trailers that excite and intrigue me, while SEGA of America just...throws out random gameplay footage with no rhyme or reason, gameplay footage that looks rough as hell and quickly makes me lose interest again. 

One company marketing the story aspect, the other pure gameplay. Err, SEGA..

why-not-both-gif-2.gif

Don't worry Gabz, I'm sure they're saving it for the stream today?............Yeah no chance.

Well Ni no Kuni II is coming in 10 minutes so yay.

• Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, Zippo said:

The marketing for Mania was handled by Atlus?

That makes perfect sense, they always market their 3DS games very well.

Right here:

Atlus USA.

16 hours ago, Neo Metallix said:

Except, a video game isn't a movie. The joy of a game comes from being able to interact with the environment, something a game trailer can only tease.

That is, unless you've got a game that essentially plays itself like a movie. Then you really would want to show as little as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the stream is over. Here's the video of the competition:

Almost what I expected, but it's surprising that most of them were pretty bad at it. It made way for some actual competition, though, so eh...

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Well, the stream is over. Here's the video of the competition:

Almost what I expected, but it's surprising that most of them were pretty bad at it. It made way for some actual competition, though, so eh...

Your link starts at around 1:04:38 hours in, but the Sonic Forces segment actually starts closer to 3:02:30. It looks like they start the segment with playthroughs of the Tag Team and Modern stages before getting the competition started. The Lightning Wisp's lunging attacks still look janky and terrifying to use near pits.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I'd just like to bring to everyone's attention that between 3:06:14 and 3:06:15, Sonic goes from running full-tilt down the slope to a dead stop the instant the analog stick is released. Lost World not-actual-physics confirmed. No wonder the Classic stage has so many boosters and springs...