Awoo.

Sonic Forces Livesteams @ TGS | 22nd-23rd US, 23rd-24th UK/EU/JP

The Deleter

Huh, they actually got some new gameplay footage from within the Pyramid.

We were wrong to hope for anything new. This stream gave us nothing beyond a very enthusiastic girl and the knowledge of changing your Avatar's eye shape.

EDIT: excuse me what

dICkqlW.png?1

Lmao. 

What a fucking disaster. Cringe, cringe and more cringe. 

We're almost a month away from release and we know of two stages.

Two fucking stages.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Zippo said:

We're almost a month away from release and we know of two stages.

Two fucking stages.

Ummm, actually three.

I guess I was one of the small amount of people that didn't expect anything new since Episode Shadow was shown. What I got is:

- You can change eye/iris shape

- Hooters promotion or w/e

Nice, I guess?

Oh man

That was worth it just for what went down in the stream and Motobug itself

But wow

WELP, join us tommorow for the Forces Music panel, and the concert following it up! Same time, same place! 

At the very least we could get a new music track from this, fingers crossed :V

Welp, I guess the moral that stream was:

"Give a Hoot! Don't promote by showing fucking nothing! 

IwNE7H.gif

Best game, best marketing, best level design, best teams, best decisons...

Boooooootifuuuul

• Chuckle 2

OK, I need to seriously ask. Why? TGS was the last big event before Forces released. Why haven't they showed off more? Why Hooters? Does Rouge play a big role in this game? Is that the reason? What is going on?

Again, we did technically get new game footage of the area within the pyramid, but I will admit, it wasn't much. :U

Why is everyone freaking out about a lack of new info when nobody seems interested in learning what Nakamura had to say in his 30-minute interview?

I seriously think that if they just put both avatar stages, Shadow, and the tag-team stage in different areas of the game, I would have zero problem. If each gameplay type was in a different level, and they said "every gameplay type goes through every level", we could extrapolate something about as similar to what we ended up getting. They could have shown off the same number of levels but not made it agonizingly repetitive in the visual department and it would have been fine. But they chose to pack it all into the first maybe-fifth of the game, and we are now officially in the dark about the entire majority of it until it releases.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Why is everyone freaking out about a lack of new info when nobody seems interested in learning what Nakamura had to say in his 30-minute interview?

Because this is the stream that they advertised in Japan as the main attraction. We were expecting to see a new stage at this point. If there was something important in that interview, one of the many japanese-speaking Sonic fans would have said something about it now.

Just now, The Deleter said:

Because this is the stream that they advertised in Japan as the main attraction. We were expecting to see a new stage at this point. If there was something important in that interview, one of the many japanese-speaking Sonic fans would have said something about it now.

He spoke for a long time. Unless he repeated himself over and over and dodged every question, there's at least something to unpack from that interview. 

5 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

1. I don't speak Japanese.

2. Talk is cheap, I trust actual footage over what the developers say.

3. Hooters.

• Thumbs Up 9

Jesus Christ, the marketing for this game is such a glorious train wreck. What the hell happened behind the scenes for Sega to be this scared to show off the game?

6 minutes ago, James Cloud said:

I'm satisfied loved it was great glad I'm always positive always have been always will be! :)

You are an inspiration for us all.

Expected reaction from this board shocker not.... don't care I like what I see I don't have to explain myself because I'm not negative bye.