Awoo.

Rate Sonic Mania's Bosses

molul

On 10/10/2017 at 12:58 AM, Alienrun said:

1. Hard bosses don't get me upset

2. The reward for beating a hard boss is immense satisfaction that you simply don't get by beating an easy boss

3. Saying a hard boss is "unbeatable" is a lack of confidence lol

4. Challenge and fun are not mutually exclusive, in fact, I argue if done correctly...difficulty can enhance one's enjoyment of a boss sustantually! :o

I've heard people say this boss is hard (for some unknown reason) but this is the first time I've heard someone say it took them this long...like wow...call me surprised! :o

You are one of the very few rare people to not get upset over hard bosses. Metal Sonic boss in Sonic Mania was annoyingly hard. Yes if it is a fair boss than yes it could be I guess rewarding, though it requires you to have the patience to redo the same thing 100 times.

Oil Ocean boss, both of them were okay for me. Just jump immediately in the middle for act 2 boss to get lots of hits.

15 hours ago, TailsTellsTales said:

You are one of the very few rare people to not get upset over hard bosses. Metal Sonic boss in Sonic Mania was annoyingly hard. Yes if it is a fair boss than yes it could be I guess rewarding, though it requires you to have the patience to redo the same thing 100 times.

Oil Ocean boss, both of them were okay for me. Just jump immediately in the middle for act 2 boss to get lots of hits.

I hate to add more salt to the wound, but I didn't die to a Sonic Mania boss a single time my first playthrough...you could see why I like fighting hard bosses with that in mind. Granted you could argue making the bosses harder ruins the flow or some BS like that, but that's neither here nor there.

I like my bosses to be fun, but sometimes (mostly for me) hard can be fun ya know? :P

• Chuckle 1

The bosses in Sonic Mania aren't hard at all. I think the problem some people have is that they just aren't used to the trial and error approach alot of old games used. I like being challenged in my games so I didn't mind when a curve ball was thrown at me. I like trying to figuring out what strategy I should use to get past an obstacle. I welcome challenges like this because I don't see too many challenges with the more recent Sonic titles. They are a bit too easy for my liking.

Well if they are going to have hard boss then make sure to have lots of lives available. Metal Sonic boss got me my first game over on my first attempt.