Awoo.

Left Alive (PS4/PC, 2018) "A game to surpass Metal Gear"

Teoskaven

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/square-enix-announces-survival-action-shooter-left-alive-ps4-pc

New Square-Enix IP presented at Tokyo Game Show. No concrete gameplay yet, they only specified it's a survival-action shooter and it's the spiritual successor of Front Mission. More news should be released on the 21 of this month.
What's interesting is the team developing it:
*Producer: Shinji Hashimoto
*Character designer: Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear veteran artist)
*Toshifumi Nabeshima (Armored Core producer)
*Takayuki Yanase (mech designer for Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Xenoblade Chronicles X)

And believe me, Shinkawa's art style is pretty evident here:

Left-Alive_2017_09-19-17_001.jpg

Consider me interested.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks super interesting, I'll keep an eye on it.

And yeah, Shinkawa's art style is instantly recognisable with that art.

Official TGS trailer:

Here are some other infos (you can find much more here: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/left-alive-third-person-shooter-set-world-front-mission):
*the game is effectively part of the Front Mission franchise, taking place between 5 and Evolved; Wanzers (the franchise signature mechs) are confirmed to appear and you can potentially pilot them
*3 protagonists wich the player will alternate during the story, each with its goals. You start with a young one, then a female one, then an old one, and you can switch between them
*main objective is to survive: you're stuck in a war-torn russian city, you'll need to do everything to stay alive
*crafting system
*multiple paths to choose in order to get to your objectives

It looks more and more interesting, and makes want to discover the Front Mission franchise since it's a train i've missed so far.

• 11 months later...