Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Shadow DLC and new Screenshot

Woun

3 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

HOLY SHIT!

Also Team Dark? Yep, Omega is officially confirmed now.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

HOLY SHIT!

Also Team Dark? Yep, Omega is officially confirmed now.

"After contact has been lost with Omega"

And it looks like something happened to him

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

If this is going to be really story driven, I hope the best for Kirk. Can't wait for the full gameplay.

Nice remix of Supporting Me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I'm getting more and more invested in this story. We haven't seen Team Dark all together since 06. 

This will goooood.

Infinite must have controlled Omega or something.

Vic and Kirk are guaranteed but I hope Karen reprises her role.

• Thumbs Up 9

13 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

" Team Dark mission with Shadow and Rouge".

Hmmm, could it be one of those tag team levels but done with those two instead?

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Holy shit, the absolute madman. They actually made it free. This furthers the theory that the reason they made it downloadable was to avoid the "Sonic's Shitty Friends" complaint. Rather clever of Sega.

You mean that same complaint they got hit with when they thought it would be a good idea to have those shitty friends chatter and repeat dialogue througout a level? Or when Shadow was already reavealed with the bosses?

It was there long before this DLC was announced.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is really nice to see happen seeing as Shadow hasn't been playable in such a long time, though this brings the question...

Could the rumor about Silver being playable carry more weight now if there's a Episode Silver? Thus Chemical Plant is a level for him

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SonicLegends said:

Could the rumor about Silver being playable carry more weight now if there's a Episode Silver? Thus Chemical Plant is a level for him

Eh? I've heard of Tails and Knuckles rumored to be playable, but where is this one coming from?

About time you finally gave in Sonic Team and gave someone else a turn.  Although I really hope Shadow doesn't end up playing like a skating Sonic and little else.  Sad thing for me is that we'll be hearing more of Thornton's Orbot Shadow impression.  He may be rad as the former, but god he just doesn't fit for the ol' edgelord.  Still, Vic Mignogna's likely back to actually say more than four words as Omega, so it's not a total loss.

Just now, The Deleter said:

and the fluidity of the chain attack carrying it's momentum

Are people seeing a different video than I am? Three times he uses the chain homing attack and all three times he bounces straight up after hitting the last enemy. I see no point where he's conserving momentum.

• Thumbs Up 6

6 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

But real talk, I like the changes they made to make Shadow more his own character, in concept. The homing attack chain and faster, longer homing attack really sell how OP he is, and the fluidity of the chain attack carrying it's momentum could lead to some fun gameplay. It's just... I don't think it will be realized here at all, and all I end up wishing is that he was in a real boost game like Unleashed or Generations, where that fluidity and momentum could really change up the game and make it feel a lot more intense.

Well, the dlc does say he'll be playable in 3d stages, so we should get to see how that conveys to there at least.

Just now, Diogenes said:

Are people seeing a different video than I am? Three times he uses the chain homing attack and all three times he bounces straight up after hitting the last enemy. I see no point where he's conserving momentum.

Oh

Well

Huh

*sets up an emergency appointment with my ophthalmologist*

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Eh? I've heard of Tails and Knuckles rumored to be playable, but where is this one coming from?

It was mentioned along with the rumor about a character dying. 

At least no ones going "it's free so that means you can't complain about it" cause free or not, this looks very underwhelming(like the whole game). And considering how DLC is becoming a dirty word in the industry, not sure how simply not including it in the main game wasn't possible 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yay: Shadow is playable; Rouge and Omega are somewhat relevant again; cool Supporting Me remix; it's free

Nay: That gosh awful level design; BLOCKS; awkward 2D in full force; mostly a Sonic skin with one new ability I think?

tl;dr: more than I expected, but I didn't expect much 

Well it does say ""Gameplay seen here is work-in-progress, and was captured from the PC version of the game." but this begs the question by how much? Especially given we're close to the game releasing.

That was the most linear 2d level I've ever seen. I like that homing attack though. Glad to see omega and rogue are back.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Diogenes said:

Sonic Team's master plan in action.

Suddenly seems quite grossly genius of them to announce that Shadow avatar skin before this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kinda mixed, but I think this is pretty cool. It's nice to see they're working on including another character, even if it is a Sonic clone. But, hey, it's Shadow and we can see what's good with Team Dark, I'm down. I just wish the level they showed off wasn't an all 2D stage (which was kind of underwhelming though the "Supporting Me" remix was nice!), but, it is what it is, I guess. It's also cool to know this is free, though I'm not clear on if this is some kind of "day one" or pre-order thing or if it's always going to be free, because I wasn't planning on picking up the game immediately. Would have made more sense just to make this an unlockable in the game--the DLC route, free or not, is kind of strange considering how early this was revealed.

Who knows, though, maybe this will open the door to more character episode DLC and more support for the game (though the boost style might be too limited and not really ideal for that kind of return). Everything about Forces feels like they're just testing the waters with things... which I guess has been Sonic Team's thing since Colors anyway.