Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Shadow DLC and new Screenshot

Woun

9 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Well it does say ""Gameplay seen here is work-in-progress, 

I wouldn't put much stock in that. From reveal to release, few things ever change. 

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Fuck it, I'll take it. Probably the best I can expect anyway.

Translation: I'll accept any shit SEGA call a new Sonic game.

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

I wouldn't put much stock in that. From reveal to release, few things ever change. 

That's why I say this begs the question by how much.

I guess if Shadow is destroying all of those Eggmans robots then he's probably not really on Eggman's side. He's either working as an undercover cop, or it's mind control (although, mind control is kind of a boring way to handle it).

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

This isn't necessary.

4 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

I guess if Shadow is destroying all of those Eggmans robots then he's probably not really on Eggman's side. He's either working as an undercover cop or it's mind control (although, mind control is kind of a boring way to handle it).

Well Shadow and Rouge got a signal from Omega after losing connection with him and no I doubt it's mind control as it's been mentioned already he's fighting for his own reasons which could be for a friend in this case Omega or the possibility of Maria being brought back by Infinite as leverage as a means to coerce Shadow in threatening her safety.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can clearly tell that the director of Colors is directing this game. This level looks like a level like something straight out of Colors. I hope at least that there are not too many 2D Modern sections, and that the 3D sections are well designed like Generations. Also, did anyone else notice this? The boost seems to behave differently in this game compared to others. When you boost in the air, you seem to have a downward arc. And when you jump while boosting, you seem to have an upward arc. I wonder why it functions like this now?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

You know, when a franchise you love just likes to linger in mediocrity for years and people just accept it or get used to it and actually think it's good, then yeah.

Or they find a reason that they legit like it?

Holy cow,  is discussion from either side of the argument just doomed to logic that needlessly black and white?

Why even play Sonic if this is the level design you want out of it.

I think what I see looks fun enough for my attention.  Finding something fun =/= what I want,  so leave me out of whatever faulty assumption you've got going there. 

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, ShroomZed said:

Like Jesus Christ, I guess Shadow gameplay is pressing a button and literally everything explodes. There's literally no attempt to make a game here. 

I do like the violent rhythm to the stage. Let's see how the fiddler crabs and other such things may make it interesting. 

- Shadow it playable in dlc stages and in the modern Sonic levels. Wow, they're really trying hard with the fan service!

- Shadow looks way over-powered.

- The level design in that stage looks as shit as ever.

Nice to have a remix of Supporting Me. Although it doesn't sound as good as the original.

- As for Shadow being evil again?

Image result for angel lorne we'd rather have you evil

Well at least we finally have another playable character in a 3d Sonic game even though it's another hedgehog.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Or they find a reason that they legit like it?

Holy cow,  is discussion from either side of the argument just doomed to logic that needlessly black and white?

Why even play Sonic if this is the level design you want out of it. There are many games that do what you're looking for 10 times better.

Edit:

Just now, Soniman said:

"someone likes thing I dont like and thats bad and should feel bad"

That's honestly what it sounds like??

I've never spoken like that and I've analyzed this game countless times. 

But quality standards exist, you know.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

God damn it, SEGA. Once again they do something with this game that sounds good on paper and is executed horribly. And no word of a lie, I'm genuinely intrigued by the story potential here. If it really shows Shadow fighting on the good side, and shows how he ended up siding with Infinite, this could be brilliant. But even after all the shit I've given the rest of the gameplay in Forces, holy fucking shit this actually looks ten times worse.

I'm at a loss. Nobody can seriously be defending this. Nobody can honestly think that this...

ShadowForces.thumb.PNG.967e53319dc5e15f662f1f055432b8b5.PNG

... looks good. And if you do, you've got absolutely no standards and are the reason that SEGA gets away with this shit.

I think it looks amazing. The game looks amazing in 60fps. Look guys I know a few of you usually the exact same ones like saying that Sega is bad at 3d games. I for one am very happy with what I see so far. I'm 28. I'm not classic pro or 3d pro. I'm simply a guy that loves sonic and loving forces

16 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

21 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Sonic Team's master plan in action.

Neither of you are wrong. But at this point, my expectations are basically non-existent anyway soooo....

• Chuckle 7

The title and OP of this thread should probably be updated to reflect the fact that we have a bit of gameplay now.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Soniman said:

"someone likes thing I dont like and thats bad and should feel bad"

That's honestly what it sounds like??

It's honestly not that. It's "how on Earth does someone settle for this?"

We have different tastes. Some people like this game and others don't. But I can't see anything here in this new footage to appreciate, regardless of whether or not I might like it. It has Shadow playable - is that enough? It doesn't have to play remotely well or look good as long as it's Shadow? I must be going blind if there's anything good about this level design that I'm somehow not seeing.