Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Shadow DLC and new Screenshot

Woun

3 minutes ago, Soniman said:

its just for enemy chains....the homming attack works basically works the same the other 90% of the time, no need for the hperbolic statementss already lmao

Well it doesn't help that the majority of the level is fucking chains, and about the rest are flat sections you boost through and destroy everything that way. What a fun level. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I have my own theories as to why they chose a 2D stage to reveal Shadow, but really, Sonic Team...

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, the absolute madman. They actually made it free. This furthers the theory that the reason they made it downloadable was to avoid the "Sonic's Shitty Friends" complaint. Rather clever of Sega.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

DKGIxArWAAIBiv0.jpg:large

Being free is a good move on their part. It basically confirms that they want to please the fans and dodge the "Sonic's friends are playable" complaint from critics. Can't say anything good about the level design though, which is unfortunate.

• Thumbs Up 4

I guess I just dont see what's to get mad at, HA' chains arent the most interesting things in the world, I dont really mind them adding flare to to something that is just mindlessly hammering A until it's over otherwise. I know this fandom is extremely anti automation but in this case I think its fine, at least it keeps the speed going whereas normal HA chains usually doesnt.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

DKGIxArWAAIBiv0.jpg:large

Being free is a good move on their part. It basically confirms that they want to please the fans and dodge the "Sonic's friends are playable" complaint from critics. Can't say anything good about the level design though, which is unfortunate.

Well, at least we know that Modern Sonic will have at least ten levels.

That's one more than Generations, so it's a good sign.

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I guess I just dont see what's to get mad at, HA' chains arent the most interesting things in the world, I dont really mind them adding flare to to something that is just mindlessly hammering A until it's over otherwise. I know this fandom is extremely anti automation but in this case I think its fine, at least it keeps the speed going whereas normal HA chains usually doesnt.

It's just this site. People on YouTube. Twitter and fb are doing noting but praising this reveal.

On a positive note, that's a sweet remix.

Gameplay seen here is work-in-progress, and was captured from the PC version of the game.

On the other hand, isn't it a bit late for any WIP besides touchups?

• Thumbs Up 1

At least they gave him a unique ability, I didn't mind the chains from Lost World, it's the charged shot I didn't like, particularly because it made bosses too easy. On the other hand, it's not the full stage, if it's remixed from a modern stage it has to have that open 3D section too, we have seen that in the story trailer. And I'm glad they are challenging.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

The problem is that "mindlessly hammering A" is about all this seems to offer anyway. The light dash/homing attack mashup is just a trick, a way to make it seem like there's more going on than there actually is.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Holy shit, the absolute madman. They actually made it free. This furthers the theory that the reason they made it downloadable was to avoid the "Sonic's Shitty Friends" complaint. Rather clever of Sega.

why would making it a download help that

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

That's completely nonsensical. Are you saying that free DLC necessarily shows a lack of confidence? The Zelda DLC in Lost World was free, and they made a bunch of new assets for that. In fact, it was one of my favorite levels in the game. Most of the content in Splatoon is free DLC, and the game sold over 5 million copies, with it's distribution model being near universally praised. Plus, they are not sneaking it in. They are advertising it RIGHT NOW. How can you say they don't have confidence in it when they are advertising it?

The Zelda DLC wasn't day 1 DLC though.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The problem is that "mindlessly hammering A" is about all this seems to offer anyway. The light dash/homing attack mashup is just a trick, a way to make it seem like there's more going on than there actually is.

So the same result but wsomething vissually diffrent to mix things up. Like I said its SOMETHING, who knows, there could be some gameplay implementaations with it were not awre of, im just not dismissing it competley because something something automation.

16 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

13 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'd call it cowardly rather than clever. If they actually had something of value to offer and any kind of confidence in it they wouldn't need to sneak it into the game.

Let's put the breaks on this

Creating and freely advertising this as a free download on a generation where consoles will automatically add a free download to your game anyway isn't any attempt at getting around any kind of criticism. Reviewers will still see this content, get it on launch day and probably put it in their reviews.

It's likely that this is a download just because it gives them more time to finish it. It doesn't have to be on a physical copy for procution and shipment. THey can send it out when it's done.

• Thumbs Up 6

29 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I think Shadow just flies during his boost instead of skating :-/

What was better?

I think he means more powerful/busted since he can just Lightspeed dash through enemies while having Sonic's standard moveset.

Glad I don't give a damn about Shadow cause I did, and just watched that video I'd be beyond frustrated by that level layout. It's like Sonic 4 never left.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

why would making it a download help that

Something about it being download only won't led reviewers to play it but only focus on the main campaign.