Awoo.

Motobug Presents: Month of Madoka - A Four Week Puella Magi Madoka Magica Stream Event!

Failinhearts

...CONNECTION REESTABLISHED.

COMMENCING TRANSMISSION.

Hello, hello, SSMB! Tell me... would you like to make a contract?

latest?cb=20150712231559

We, at Motobug are proud to present the second installment in our ongoing Heroes Lookback series of streams that started with the Danganronpa stream back in July, which looks into some of the major franchises that make up the SSMB Heroes Academy Roleplay! This time, we're taking four weeks (about a month) to look into PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA!

We're moving on from gruesome murder mysteries to a cute story about a group of five girls protecting their town and forging their neverending friendships. It's gonna be a fun, fluffy time!

...You're not falling for it, are you?

a561e5612a0c8b602fb19486e058c46b--film-p

Madoka Magica actually is a dark, psychological deconstruction on the Magical Girl anime genre, focusing on the themes of despair, death, sacrifice, religion and love. Are you up for it? If so, let's go over how we're watching this!

SHOWS:

7facd20f5216202349ad2fc3119e2e5b13299367

1.) Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Anime Series)

First off, obviously is the 12 episode anime series: Puella Magi Madoka Magica. We'll be streaming 4 episodes each week for three weeks! Join Madoka Kaname, a normal young girl and her best friend, Sayaka Miki as they discover the world of Magical Girls: Superpowered females who make a contract with a creature named Kyubey, who grants one wish in exchange for fighting Witches. But soon enough, they will realize that a cruel fate lies at its core...

madoka-rebellion-poster.jpg

2.) PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA THE MOVIE: REBELLION

Set after the events of the original series, the Magical Girls are back, finding themselves in what seems like a normal life while balancing a simple, stereotypical Magical Girl job fighting the evil Nightmares that plague people's minds. However, Homura Akemi discovers that something's deeply off with this world, and she's set to find out what's REALLY going on. What are the Nightmares? Why is everything stuck in a constant status quo? Why is the dead alive? The answers need to be uncovered... but in this case, nothing's darker than the truth...

SHOWTIMES:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Every Friday starting September 29th at 5pm EST

Rebellion: Friday October 20th, 5pm EST

STREAMING/CHAT:

https://www.rabb.it/CrowtheBOOLET

Just like Danganronpa, this is being streamed through @Princess Jellicent's Rabbit channel. As such, due to issues with Rabbit's chat system, we are using Discord to chat during the stream itself. This is done by invitation only, so if you are coming to the stream, please do reply here or via PM. We'll send you the invitation to the Discord channel. 

That's the gist of the details! We'll see you on the 29th!

SPECIAL THANKS:

Spoiler

@Princess Jellicent for being our stream host!

@Ryannumber1gamer for approving this project and testing the stream!

@Spin Attaxx for testing the stream!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

What the hey! I like to join in on this one like last time, even if it fucks me up but I get to spend time with you lot.

Vaguely mushy mode CANCEL

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I'd like to join in what I believe to be one of Failin's favorite anime (even though it's not my cup of tea, I'd watch it for him) I must apologize in advance and say that due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be able to join in. Forgive me, please.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, that is the end of the Madoka Magica Stream! Thank you all for a successful four weeks of suffering fun!

So, thank you @Ghostrick Dorklord for helping me host this event, and thank you to @Spin Attaxx, @Patron, @Captain Metallix, @Dejimon11, @PaddyFancy, @Emperor Robrainiac, @Teospooker and @VEDJ-F for attending any of the four streams!

We hope to see you aga-

CONNECTION BREACH...

REESTABLISHMENT DISABLED...

tumblr_inline_mr6pl1SSuF1qz4rgp.png

"Aha! Finally, I regained control! Those Skylanders think they could combat my plans for a stream with their own? Hah!"

tumblr_inline_mr6pltUCZN1qz4rgp.png

"And you're all supporting them? How pathetic! Now, it's time for my long-awaited plan to come to fruition! Never-ending Danganronpa streams, over and over, even if this entire board gets tired of it! So let's give it everything we got! IIIIIIIT'S-"

...PURGING VIRUS. MONOKUMA.EXE DISABLED.

tumblr_mr53d2YgD11sewrl3o5_500.png

"Aaaand done! Good job using that stream to stall for time while I figure out how to finally disable him, guys! I think we're in the clear for now!"

Sayaka-Miki-sayaka-miki-34623902-622-342

"Finally. We put an end to the jibber-jabber on this end. Not like it'll stop Monokuma for long, though."

HomuraAkemi.png

"So what, now? We have a completely unused transmission. Do you suppose we cut it and finally stop this foolish endeavor to entertain Reality?"

latest?cb=20140728145419

"What? And stop the fun? No... we have to kick it up a notch! We've only just begun, Skylanders! I got a ton of ideas for more streams! Now, Makoto! Lemme have that keyboard!"

tumblr_inline_mr4usfdNEW1qz4rgp.png

"Neptune! W-What? Here we go again!"

...REBOOTING STREAM TRANSMISSION...

...SEE YOU NEXT TIME...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

I think Monokuma forgot something very important...

latest?cb=20140423104139

STREAMS ARE OPTIONAL, AND NOT EVERYONE ATTENDS THEM!

IN FACT, NOT EVERYONE ATTENDS EVEN OFFICIAL BOARD STREAMS!

What say you in your defence?

• Thumbs Up 2