Awoo.

Artwork: DanJ86 Art & Danganronpa IF Comic in progress

Danj86

After...how long was it?

Well...it's actually longer than you might think. The Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc IF comic adaption front cover is now complete.

rE3pDMf.jpg

Alas...I cannot claim that everything you see here was created by me. I did want to draw Hope's Peak Academy for the background but the process might've been too time consuming and challenging for a component that would be barely visible once completed. An actual shot of the school from the game was used instead and altered around to effect the dark mood of the despair sisters.

I'd ran through many possible cover ideas and I was stuck on which one to go ahead with. Other attempts had been done but never reached this stage before. In the end, I needed assistance to move things ahead. @Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley

Funnily enough, attempting to emulate the official art style was never in the original plan. It was just an idea that hit me while I was progressing.

Missed one of the status updates about the progress of this picture? They've all been saved and you can see it evolve in this spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

Spoiler

WG3eC63.jpg

Spoiler

9Y1o2Om.jpg

Spoiler

3fVspDf.jpg

Spoiler

KqpcYJT.jpg

Spoiler

YtxTCnb.jpg

Spoiler

bBXbTSN.jpg

Spoiler

HFAoXuM.jpg

Spoiler

aHoRZtG.jpg

10? See above...

To think...….this is only the beginning.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

• 3 weeks later...

I regret not keeping up with your art more in the past, it's seriously good stuff. You're very talented and actually have a grasp of human anatomy...something I envy lol!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

You're very talented and actually have a grasp of human anatomy...something I envy lol!

Well, perhaps your familiar with these artist mannequins?

Spoiler

5b71fb4a-3d39-4e1f-b8bc-98e8691ce63a_1.b

They're crap. Barely poseable...

With me moving deeper into digital art software, the one I'm using (Clip Studio.) has poseable 3D models that can function just like a mannequin, but one thousand times better. They really help with working on poses and anatomy.

-------

But if anyone has been following my statuses, I have been dabbling in the traditional means one more time. With simple character sketches, shaded in pencil.

UzhPfwj.jpg

Sticks The Badger

PbDRir8.jpg

King K. Rool

I am working on a third one, but progress has recently halted and while I do have the desire to finish it. I don't have the energy. Which is a problem...

While he's here, I have to add. Why does King K Rool have nipples? He's a lizard and lizards don't have nipples because they lay eggs. Well...he is a king so I guess he can do what he wants, it was just a fact that suddenly hit me for no reason and I felt like sharing. *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 6
  • My Emmerdoods 1

• 3 months later...

Been meaning to update this. Got several new sketches that I did while my computer was out of action that I haven't shown yet. Though I want to add a couple of touches here and there before uploading them. So how about some content from my replacement computer that has worked perfectly since it's arrival?

Sonic Adventure 20th Anniversary Celebration:

eoinh0c.png

Sports Contest Entry:

07dyCsK.png

Animation Test 1: Stretch and Bounce v2:

xGB2sao.gif

Animation Test 2: 360 Degree Subject: (Lineart)

vrXqm4L.gif

• Thumbs Up 9