Awoo.

Sonic Forces has Denuvo

Crazy_Diamond

59c3e2c34e903_ScreenShot2017-09-21at9_00_38AM.thumb.png.ce05fcb0e70a5f17856db27d54ac1908.png

Also it doesn't have the Persona 5 costume either for some reason. Sega really haven't learned, have they? What a shame.

EDIT: The PC version will have the Persona 5 costume. Thanks to Siliconera for confirming that.

Oh boy, Denuvo again. That sucks.

That said, it's an easier pill to swallow, at least we got know about that before release, unlike some other Sonic game that was delayed 2 weeks mostly because of that and not disclosing that earlier, THAT was the most painful part for me specifically.

1 minute ago, Operationgamer17 said:

It MIGHT have the Persona costume. It doesn't seem to list any specifics as to what's in the pack.

59c3e437aeaa6_ScreenShot2017-09-21at9_07_23AM.thumb.png.f301b905c21d4409e0f601ef463fc7ca.png

On the Microsoft store, it lists the Persona 5 DLC separately from the Sega Pack. But the Steam page only lists the Sega pack. That's why people think that the Persona 5 costume won't be in the PC version.

8 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Sega really haven't learned, have they?

That implies that SEGA of Europe see this as a mistake. When they get called out on the addition of DRM and the fact that it's not given any notice anywhere, and their response is to add a notice about it and put up a Q&A about it? Yeah, they don't see it as something to learn from. 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

That implies that SEGA of Europe see this as a mistake. When they get called out on the addition of DRM and the fact that it's not given any notice anywhere, and their response is to add a notice about it and put up a Q&A about it? Yeah, they don't see it as something to learn from. 

I mean Jim Sterling ripped them a new one  about it in a video 

Honestly, if the last fiasco over the DRM is any indication, it'll get cracked within a week and be all for nought.

On the other hand, at least they're being upfront about it, and maybe being announced this early it won't be as clumsily implemented to not force the game to constantly do online checks and be impossible to run offline (at least until the servers go down).

I'm getting this game on console anyway, but you'd think SEGA would have learned their consumers don't want this kind of anti-tamper protection attached to their games, but here we are. I guess it really does take ages for them to figure out anything over there.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Honestly, if the last fiasco over the DRM is any indication, it'll get cracked within a week and be all for nought.

On the other hand, at least they're being upfront about it, and maybe being announced this early it won't be as clumsily implemented to not force the game to constantly do online checks and be impossible to run offline (at least until the servers go down).

I'm getting this game on console anyway, but you'd think SEGA would have learned their consumers don't want this kind of anti-tamper protection attached to their games, but here we are. I guess it really does take ages for them to figure out anything over there.

If anything, it really just goes to show how sega view their PC consumer base. They don't trust them, and are willing to drag down those that are supportive of them with things that they don't benefit from 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a Xboner so this doesn't affect me but why the FUCK even bother with DRM if the game will still get pirated either way?

Denuvo didn't save Sonic Mania, that game got pirated a week later. It's pointless. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Mania was cracked in something like 8 days, so Forces will probably be cracked even faster, ha.

Anyway, I'm getting the PS4 version.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, molul said:

They're improving. This time they won't delay the game 5 days before release :)

Don't jinx it.

Yeah, this just screams of tone-deaf on Sega's part. They got chewed out with Mania having it and it didn't even stop the game from getting pirated days later. Honestly, you'd think companies wouldn't even bother paying for a Denuvo licences at this point because it just doesn't secure anything for that long nowadays. It's literally just an inconvenience for people who are actually buying the game and a lightning rod for backlash.

At least this time they're being upfront with it all and (knock on fucking wood here) aren't seemingly delaying release of the game just to add it. Hell, with how fast Mania was cracked I doubt it'll even mean much a couple of days after release but this lack of respect for the PC market they've started showing recently is what's really getting to me. Like, they went from releasing great ports like Bayonetta a couple of months ago to.. this. Like, I'm more confused than anything.

Honestly, if I had to guess I think some higher up within Sega read some news article about pirating on pc recently and is suddenly just pushing for anti-piracy software without even doing further research into the matter. Like how Denuvo doesn't stop shit.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well I think those of you asking why are answering your own questions by saying why do it. It will be cracked in 8 days

that's exactly what they want to stop. That's why a lot of Japanese games don't come stateside involving online components is cheating and mods

god pso used to ban people for modding just the hud menu

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Well I think those of you asking why are answering your own questions by saying why do it. It will be cracked in 8 days

that's exactly what they want to stop. That's why a lot of Japanese games don't come stateside involving online components is cheating and mods

It's a terribly flawed system. The people who are worst affected by Denuvo are the honest and paying customers who don't partake in any kind of piracy or use any cracks. I'd say that it's likely that most of the people who will bother downloading a crack to remove or bypass Denuvo probably aren't interested in piracy either - they just want to play the game that they bought without any policing. 

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

It's well within the rights to mod games when you're not messing with the online components like dark souls and gta online have done, and have purchased it. Cracking down on mods because Japanese companies can't get with the times is beyond stupid, and like it's been said only fucks over consumers

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

It's a terribly flawed system. The people who are worst affected by Denuvo are the honest and paying customers who don't partake in any kind of piracy or use any cracks. I'd say that it's likely that most of the people who will bother downloading a crack to remove or bypass Denuvo probably aren't interested in piracy either - they just want to play the game that they bought without any policing. 

It's flawed yes. But doing that only makes them more lowly to keep doing it. I don't support piracy but I'm going to crack your game anywaynsends a mixed kesssge. And again this is sega japan. What they accept is much different that Aaron and the gang

I thought they might've understood something from Mania's launch, I just hope the PC version of Forces doesn't tank particularly bad and sends SEGA the wrong message.

If they stop porting stuff to PC I swear I'll riot. They're just incompetent.

But the Sonic situation isn't related to SEGA of Japan, this is SEGA of Europe. 

Uh, if you want a bit more than a simple correction line, I feel that security things are only going to get more draconian for PC as time goes on, not less. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It's well within the rights to mod games when you're not messing with the online components like dark souls and gta online have done, and have purchased it. Cracking down on mods because Japanese companies can't get with the times is beyond stupid, and like it's been said only fucks over consumers

It's Japan. I doubt they care. Honestly do Japanese players gripe over it Or just us stateside. Sega if Japan has always been douchy in policy with their games.  Also it depends on the games tos or if you share mods. Otherwise all those fan games from Nintendo should never be shut down if it was within their right. Laws are tricky messes

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

But the Sonic situation isn't related to SEGA of Japan, this is SEGA of Europe. 

Uh, if you want a bit more than a simple correction line, I feel that security things are only going to get more draconian for PC as time goes on, not less. 

Sega of Japan tells the other branches what to do. Sega split those branches off from itself. That's why pso2 did not come stateside. SoA said they were ready to go. SON came in said were not going forward even though itnwas translated and shut it down. Soj usually has the end say so

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sega if Japan tells the other branches what to do.

Not when it comes to the PC ports, SoE fully control that for the most part, as its their team that decides what gets ported and when/how. 

• Thumbs Up 5

What's with the price? The console versions can be had on Argos for £27, the steam version is £34.

As disheartening as it is that Sega don't seem interested in removing denuvo, steam tells me that Forces is already in the top sellers, so I guess that explains they're apathy to the situation of legitimate consumers.

On the subject of DLC the description is a little confusing, it seems to imply that episode shadow (and a Sega Pack, whatever that is) is available only to the Digital Bonus Edition, not the pre-order edition. To my knowledge, there isn't even a PC version of the digital bonus edition.

As for the Persona outfit, I think the Persona series has been a largely Playstation exclusive series, hasn't it?
Minus the occasional spin off.
Persona 5 is only on ps3 and 4, and that's where the outfit is based on. Maybe only the playstation version gets it.