Awoo.

Sonic Forces TGS interview

Graystripe2000

Few observations;

1. That custom headgear is creepy.

2. Characters in the result screen seem to have a breathing animation rather than being stiff.

3. Am I the only one who hears eggman screaming 'solitaire' in the Dragoon fight?

4. The "Sonic from another dimension" quote comes up a while later than in the E3 build.

• Thumbs Up 1

MORE PARK AVENUE AND DUST HILL.

WHAT A JOY.

On, a more serious note, I'd should've expected better. Atleast we got to hear a bit of the Avatar selection screen.

Who knows, he was probably spilling more details we didn't already know.

• Chuckle 2

...Are they seriously not going to show anything new at TGS this week? I know we still got more gameplay stuff coming up tomorrow and Saturday, but if it's just going to be the same two stages again I'm gonna flip. >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

...Are they seriously not going to show anything new at TGS this week? I know we still got more gameplay stuff coming up tomorrow and Saturday, but if it's just going to be the same two stages again I'm gonna flip. >_>

Well there is still the main showcase that's tomorrow/Saturday, so they at least still have one more chance to do so.

Don't get your hopes up, though. Keep em low.

• Thumbs Up 2

Two months to release and we still only have footage of two zones!

JOY.

SEGA I REALLY want to be hyped for this game you know.

• Thumbs Up 6

Can we not complain about them not showing too much. I'd rather them show as little as possible vs what they did with Generations. And we've seen all 3 game types, Day one DLC and 2 stages along with what could have easily passed off as a Launch trailer.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

48 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Gabz.....you see....The truth is.....The game is just those 2 zones and the rest is all cutscenes :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

I love how you people are still doing that "only 2 zones in the game" crap when practically both of the trailers (Infinite & Story) already deconfirmed it.

Even as a joke, it isn't funny.

Look, I'm baffled myself they refuse to show anything else but this "only 2 zones" nonsense needs to die.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I like that headgear lol. Mini helgast.  also what's your problem with solitare do you know the power it holds!

No. I just thought it was as funny as Japanese's Sonic's random English.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

I love how you people are still doing that "only 2 zones in the game" crap when practically both of the trailers (Infinite & Story) already deconfirmed it.

Even as a joke, it isn't funny.

Look, I'm baffled myself they refuse to show anything else but this "only 2 zones" nonsense needs to die.

Infinite's trailer has no gameplay, for all I know whatever new backgrounds it has are just for the cutscenes or hub world.

All of of the gameplay footage in the story trailer takes place in Park Avenue and Green Sand Hill, again who's to say the backgrounds in the cutscenes are from actual levels?

If i'm gonna stop this joke then SEGA needs to give me evidence that I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, pppp said:

Infinite's trailer has no gameplay, for all I know whatever new backgrounds it has are just for the cutscenes or hub world.

All of of the gameplay footage in the story trailer takes place in Park Avenue and Green Sand Hill, again who's to say the backgrounds in the cutscenes are from actual levels?

If i'm gonna stop this joke then SEGA needs to give me evidence that I'm wrong.

ed3.jpg

There you go: Ten modern Sonic levels

Or do those take place in Green Hill and Park Avenue as well, because "They haven't shown otherwise"? :P

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

You need gameplay evidence to prove there's more levels....?

This argument makes no sense, why the hell would the game only have two playable levels and yet the cutscenes would have the characters actually go various locations without proper levels?

There is zero logic here.

And if you people needed proof that badly.

sonic-forces-shadow-the-hedgehog-dlc-det

"Replay Over Ten Modern Sonic Levels as Shadow!"

Espio'd by Deleter :U

• Thumbs Up 4

22 minutes ago, KHCast said:

When Mario Odyssey and other games can show off multiple levels and still remain mysterious, I think it's a bit pathetic yes that sega only constantly shows 2 levels.

To be fair, Mario Odyssey is an extremely massive game. Especially compared to Forces. it can afford to show off more stuff despite the fact that it honestly doesn't need to at all anymore.

Forces does need to show off more, but they really want to surprise people with a game this time. Regardless of the consequences.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like being shown that stuff exists rather than be told that stuff exists. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned that way xD

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, pppp said:

I like being shown that stuff exists rather than be told that stuff exists. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned that way xD

It is kinda far fetched to assume they'd outright lie about that kind of stuff.  Well,  between that and the screenshot of an avatar playing through a different level,  I can see why most people have dropped that old,  obsolete joke. 

OK, the fact that they're constantly showing off the same two levels is indeed disappointing and even worrying and generally does not bode well, but no need to keep on this silly track of claiming that it will literally just be those two levels, @pppp. It may be a joke, but it's still a drag on the discussion. You can justly complain about the game's marketing and express worries about the game's size without resorting to this distracting tactic. It's not helping your case.

• Thumbs Up 6

I want to be surprised, but I hope we get to see at least one new zone. All we've seen is just Green Hill Zone and not Crisis City.

28 minutes ago, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

Is it me or does Custom Avatar Green Hill look extremely different from the E3 version

Nope, seems the same. The big difference in the videos is that the e3 video has players use a different path via the burst wisp at the start, but the level doesn't look any different between the versions. Heck, it might be the same build, we don't really have much info on that stuff.

4 hours ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Two months to release and we still only have footage of two zones!

JOY.

SEGA I REALLY want to be hyped for this game you know.

Actually 48 days to release