Awoo.

Sonic Forces x The London Symphony Orchestra!

memoryman3

The London Symphony Orchestra? Dude, they do the Star Wars music! (Of course, John Williams composes it but they perform it).Sega have gone all out on this soundtrack!

I love orchestrated music! It gives me Sonic Unleashed vibes (and if I recall correctly, Unleashed had the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra compose and play some of its soundtrack).

However, this just makes that godawful Green Hill Zone remix and any other of the less good tracks look inexcusable. If you're going to spend all that money on a symphony orchestra, why not have it do a cover of Green Hill Zone instead?

Hoping for a final boss orchestra remix of Fist Bump, which just became a lot more likely with this revelation.

I've liked the orchestrated tracks in the past games, and this is shaping up to be no different. Sounds nice and fits the atmosphere the story is pointing at.

Bring it on!

So this seems to be the Main Orchestral theme of Forces, like World Adventure is the Main Orchestral Theme of Unleashed.

And Fist Bump is the "rock" song lfrom Forces like Endless Possibility is the "rock" song from Unleashed.

Ooooh...

And what a completely change in quality lol

This Forces Theme sound waaaay better than World Adventure already while Fist Bump is waaay worse than Endless Possibility :P

Sweet. Forgot how much I loved orchestral music in Sonic since we haven't really had anything major since Colors.

SO hope Ohtani-san goes full orchestral for the final boss theme. Always loved those.

It's weird.  Usually I find myself unimpressed with the orchestral music in Sonic and more impressed with the other tracks (stage themes, vocal themes, etc.).  Namely because they usually sound generic, lacking in dynamic range, and emulative of other movie scores without any of the compositional or instrumentational charms that made those themes so iconic in the first place.

For Forces, it's the other way around.  The vocal themes and stage music (how in the world anyone heard that Green Hill music and thought "yeah this is good to ship out" is beyond me) but this orchestral arrangement blew me away.  I hope to see a lot more of this in the game.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:53 AM, Detective Kaito said:

I doubt this will be anywhere close to the level of music we got in Unleashed, but we'll see.

It's gonna be on the same level, if not better. This is the same orchestra who did the music for Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Harry Potter. They're gonna be able to make better music than the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, who did the music for Unleashed. The London Symphony Orchestra has recorded some of the most iconic songs to date, with a huge amount of skilled musicians.

I love anything that involves live instruments, particularly when they cleverly integrate it with synthesized elements. If done properly, you can create a huge soundspace.