Awoo.

Sonic Forces Twitter Infos Thread

MudHunter

The hell is going on with that image?

You know what it reminds me of? The CD intro, but when it's on the MegaCD version and has the resolution and colors cut down. Even then, it'd have to be one frame of a big sakuga panning shot that whips through everything really fast. I don't think it's an animated pixel intro because that would be really weird, but I honestly can't think of what the hell else it's supposed to look like, assuming Aaron didn't edit it.

36 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Hmm...

Not going to happen, but I would fucking love it if Tyson was working on another animated trailer, this time for Forces.

53 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

It's probably just concept art, I can't see them releasing a trailer yet.

-game is less than a month from release-

yeah no, I cannot get over how fucking bad this promotion is

• Chuckle 1

"【Drop Dash】
Classic Sonic's convenient speed action is "drop dash". If you press and hold the jump button further while jumping, you can activate the spin dash at the moment of landing and you can jump out at high speed! Let's accelerate and accelerate more and more! # Sonic Force"

Sweet. Hope they remember to keep a few parts of the level booster free so there's actually a point in using this move.
Still, glad the move makes it in, looks fun to use.

32 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I wonder which the drop dash was originally made for first? Mania or Forces?

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I wonder which the drop dash was originally made for first? Mania or Forces?

Mania, Christian said he created it.

• Thumbs Up 6

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/918762659801047040

Today's tweet is about the Wispon, well the Flame Wispon.

Wispon is a gadget that uses the power of the Wisp, used by Avatar. Wispon's performance varies with whispers who cooperated, but as the name implies, this powerful flame radiation is possible. If you gauge the gauge you can also use special techniques to fly to the sky!

In other Sonic Forces news, err...the Hooters promotional tie-in includes some neat looking coasters. 

Dat Tails render tho >>

E91A5654-D74B-4284-BE4B-C1BB597F2F31.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

In other Sonic Forces news, err...the Hooters promotional tie-in includes some neat looking coasters. 

Dat Tails render tho >>

E91A5654-D74B-4284-BE4B-C1BB597F2F31.jpeg

IMG_6169.thumb.PNG.76dce0528155aec3b7e8548568134ff4.PNG

Coasters are cool. I like Knuckles' render a lot. It is weird seeing everyone looking so angsty all the time though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/919113823168032768

Today's tweet is about the Red star Ring.

exists five times in each stage is like a proof that you could capture that stage gorgeously. Everything you need is careful search and tricky play, but please feel free to challenge and complete!

Google translate calls it a "Red Sterling".

Double post:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/919477456624541696

Today's tweet is about the Ivory Wispon.

Was applying the power of the "ivory Wisp" is this Wisupon. In range attacks using the whip of lightning, overhead, and it is useful that even enemies behind is to hit the attack! It becomes also the key of special skill stage capture of fast moving toward the ring!

Since they're talking about the Wispons, can they talk about what the White or the Purple Wispons do?

15 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

This tweet also confirms that the whip no longer makes you rush forward with every attack. 

You were never forced to rush with the whip. Pressing a direction in conjunction with using the whip the makes you rush forward with it; if you don't press a direction, you would do what the tweet shows.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sky The Destroyer said:

You were never forced to rush with the whip. Pressing a direction in conjunction with using the whip the makes you rush forward with it; if you don't press a direction, you would do what the tweet shows.

In that case, they need to nerf how much the whip rushes you forward. It flings you off to the other end of a room how it currently is.

• Thumbs Up 1

With less than a month away i really hope we get the intro soon.  or even some more music tracks this week. Id like more boss tunes. Phew can not wait.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

With less than a month away i really hope we get the intro soon.  or even some more music tracks this week. Id like more boss tunes. Phew can not wait.

We've probably seen most of it in trailers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/919835415493853184

Today's tweet is about everybody's favourite zone  Green Hill.

"Green Hill" is a beautiful stage with plenty of greenery, scenes with checkered rocks and unique loop topography. However, this green hill has also been desertified due to the power of the mystery of Eggman .... Let's win this battle and regain a peaceful and beautiful green hill!

Guys - you can embed Twitter posts by simply pasting the URL. If you're on a mobile, just remove "mobile." from the URL.

I love the fact that of all the panoramic views that they could have taken, they chose the flattest bit of terrain with a booster leading into a loop. Anyone who has an issue with level design and and physics in Forces is going to take note of this image for the wrong reasons. I don't think that Sonic Team is even vaguely aware of the criticisms...

• Thumbs Up 2

Indoubt there aware because all they have seen on fb and YouTube comments is praise and excitement.  less than a month to go now. I'm wondering if anything else big will be shown these next few weeks or just short teases I know some bosses will be mechs  of course

12 hours ago, Razule said:

We've probably seen most of it in trailers.

There has not been anything intro wise shown besides that one scene of sonic falling but doubt that's the intro

Level design.

DMPjubfUIAAuNkz.jpg

EDIT:
Multiple paths are worth nothing if they're basically all the same, and especially if everything is that flat lol.

How is that a Sonic stage? What is "Sonic" about it? The aesthetics (and even then I'd have something to say lol)? Megaman could go through that stage, Mario could, anyone.

The loop doesn't count since even Sonic can't go through it without automation, so.

EDIT2:

sc-09-mgh1.png

I just noticed they went back to 8bit Sonic level design. What's funny about it is that the 8bit games were good if you consider the limitations they had to work with.

• Thumbs Up 4

33 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

There has not been anything intro wise shown besides that one scene of sonic falling but doubt that's the intro

Aren't the first trailers teasers they show usually from the intro?