Awoo.

Sonic Forces Twitter Infos Thread

MudHunter

Today's tweet is about course branching.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/922374739154288641

There is "course branching" that advances another route to the goal by "awareness" and "action" to every stage. Expansion depends on when you get items that are happy by branching, and you can create shortcuts. Let's play the stage and complete the branch!

2 hours ago, Spookmmetra said:

There is "course branching" that advances another route to the goal by "awareness" and "action" to every stage. Expansion depends on when you get items that are happy by branching, and you can create shortcuts. Let's play the stage and complete the branch!

So, that means there are more alternate routes in this game?

3 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

So, that means there are more alternate routes in this game?

Most likely yes. Even the Modern Green Hill footage showed seemingly alternate routes. I guess these can be achieved for the CAC depending on the Wispon they have?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Spookmmetra said:

Most likely yes. Even the Modern Green Hill footage showed seemingly alternate routes. I guess these can be achieved for the CAC depending on the Wispon they have?

That was what I was thinking. That would make sense. In previous footage, though, why did they not show the Avatar take advantage of these alternate routes? I believed that would have helped things a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

That was what I was thinking. That would make sense. In previous footage, though, why did they not show the Avatar take advantage of these alternate routes? I believed that would have helped things a bit.

Makes me wonder if they picked the quickest route for the demo duration.

4 hours ago, Spookmmetra said:

That's.. pretty interesting. What's up with the levels we've already seen though?

Kinda sounds like Shadow the Hedgehog.

5 hours ago, Spookmmetra said:

Guys you are reading too much into this tweet.

"Course branching" means there are alternate paths, but what is he referring to?

That line of rings you can use your wispon on.

That's the alternate path. That's it.

That tweet is roughly translated by Google, but a correct translation would probably be around these lines:
"There are alternate paths that lead you to the goal of every stage. You have to spot them and perform a specific action to access them.

Access depends on which item you are currently carrying, this will let you take shortcuts or create your own. Let's play the stage and explore every pathway!"

Please keep in mind that I didn't translate from Japanese, I just rewrote the English sentence to make more sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but this account has been translating the tweets and other information accurately.

This twitter account is a great resource, so we can always look back to it if there is a tweet where we can't understand the meaning.

So you can't dig, but you can go straight up walls?  That's interesting.  Seems risky, from a designer's point of view.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

So you can't dig, but you can go straight up walls?  That's interesting.  Seems risky, from a designer's point of view.

Um there is Spikes from Colors so... 

But it should have some sort of flaw because I think Aaron Webber said the weapons are going to have their cons because while the Cube wispon is op for destroying surrounding enemies it can't hit airborne enemies.

Thus far the Drill wispon looks fun to use, it's looking like my favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Nakamura also hinted on his twitter that today there might be... big news.

Got a link for that info?

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Dude. Embed the Tweets. Paste the URLs without the "mobile.".

I tried that, on mobile, it didn't work. ?

2 hours ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Nakamura also hinted on his twitter that today there might be... big news.

Do you mean this "Wink" emoji from him?

1 hour ago, Spookmmetra said:

I tried that, on mobile, it didn't work. ?

Before you copy the URL, delete the "s" from "https" and delete the "mobile.". Only paste it in after making those amendments. It definitely works on mobile, cause that's what I'm using.