Awoo.

Sonic Forces Twitter Infos Thread

MudHunter

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Maybe there will be multiple realistic animals chasing him.

A dozen hippopotami?

and BTW, where would the sheep from SLW be classed? Somewhere between the small animals and real ones? I personally put them adjacent to the Dreamcast era small animals.

That's neat. I've always loved say the orca from Adventure or the crocodile from Heroes. It'll be cool if we get something like that but new.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Maybe there will be multiple realistic animals chasing him.

If Forces has a scene where you're chased by a giant rhinoceros I'm taking back every bad thing I've ever said about the game.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 4

12 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

A dozen hippopotami?

and BTW, where would the sheep from SLW be classed? Somewhere between the small animals and real ones? I personally put them adjacent to the Dreamcast era small animals.

I'd just say the sheep are stylized regular sheep. Never thought of the Dreamcast little animals as different from the animal friends.

Considering that we know how how unoriginal Forces is managing to be, I don't like that he's specifically citing the SA1 orca chase as an example. Forces doesn't need to lift anything else from other games. Animals in the background are always fine, if course. If they're going to make an appearance on set pieces though, just make them something new. Unleashed's humpback whale was awesome. Generations also had a nice call back with orcas in Seaside Hill, but made them helpful instead.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes off this.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 minutes ago, Razule said:

I'd just say the sheep are stylized regular sheep. Never thought of the Dreamcast little animals as different from the animal friends.

The Dreamcast animals are less anthropomorphic looking and behaving and come in odd colors like purple. And the sheep can turn their wool red, which regular sheep can't do. 

YES! I need my long overdue giant predator chases that have been long gone since 06! (No, the giant Chopper didn't count)

Question is, what animal would they use besides orcas and alligators?

8 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The Dreamcast animals are less anthropomorphic looking and behaving and come in odd colors like purple. And the sheep can turn their wool red, which regular sheep can't do. 

Yeah, but then there's, like, five different variants of animals 

Pockies are light-blue and Adventure has a different anime-like art-style (unless Unleashed humans and Adventure humans and 06 humans are different species), and the sheep changing color could be a cartoony depiction of anger.

40 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

YES! I need my long overdue giant predator chases that have been long gone since 06! (No, the giant Chopper didn't count)

A pack of elephants when Savannah Citadel returns in Forces?

3 hours ago, Creep Dude said:

Hippopotami? An anaconda? A wildebeest stampede? A buffalo stampede? 

Maybe the Zelda cuckoo's will chase Sonic when the Switch version gets another Zelda bonus level to make up for it's weaknesses.

Hey, I can dream.

On 9/24/2017 at 8:22 AM, Creep Dude said:

I'll definitely take this over nothing.

Late response, but don't you mean

Spoiler

It's Better Than Nothing?

If there is a realistic animal for old time's sake, that'd be cool, buuuuuuut...

maxresdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20130718144316

I'm not sure if that'll be the case with the game's artstyle similarities with SLW tbh

I won't lose any sleep over it either way, as jarringly realistic animals have definitely been a dreamcast-era-onwards staple that used their out-of-place nature to feel intense, but didn't really fit into the world overall that well. They were special, though. Hope for the sake of era-specific-fanservice that they're in there, at the very least.

I totally forgot about the weird desert worms and cuboid crocodiles in Lost World. I never thought that they fit at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, we could use the excuse that it was the Lost Hex, a different world than Earth, which may explain the odd colorful creatures in it.

I dunno, Lost World's art direction in general was strange.

Considering this is the first game since Unleashed to properly set place on Earth and returns to the serious Adventure tone, I'm sure intimidating realistic animals will return.

Don't think otherwise? Unleashed' Holoska had realistic looking whales.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JhAi6s4q_zk

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

I totally forgot about the weird desert worms and cuboid crocodiles in Lost World. I never thought that they fit at all.

Oh I don't think SLW's animals fit with Sonic's world, either. It's just that

maxresdefault.jpg

2000?cb=20170621154733

latest?cb=20160703192807

These don't do that much of a better job at it, either. I think they're more appealing to look at by nature of being an actual animal rather than... a playskool toy... But still. And it just adds another confusing element to the world that already has anthros and animal buddies to deal with, lmao.

3 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

Well, we could use the excuse that it was the Lost Hex, a different world than Earth, which may explain the odd colorful creatures in it.

Considering this is the first game since Unleashed to properly set place on Earth and returns to the serious Adventure tone, I'm sure intimidating realistic animals will return.

Yes, but Unleashed had Unleashed's art style, and art directors. Forces comes from the same aesthetic that SLW came from, just with a higher fidelity. I'd assume the same art directors are involved, in that case.

10 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

Considering there are anthros, cuboid trees, and Green Hill, this is probably Sonic's world.

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

Considering there are anthros, cuboid trees, and Green Hill, this is probably Sonic's world.

Ahahaha no, I'm not buying their two worlds BS.

It could be an anthro populated city for all we know. :P

12 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Yes, but Unleashed had Unleashed's art style, and art directors. Forces comes from the same aesthetic that SLW came from, just with a higher fidelity. I'd assume the same art directors are involved, in that case.

Yeah but again, LW was primarily a light hearted game, the art is important to show what tone the game is appoarching.

Besides, do you really think something like this would appear in Lost World?

849-OUGSONICForces6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

29 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I always thought those crocodiles were just a new kind  of Badnik and not actual living creatures. 

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

Ahahaha no, I'm not buying their two worlds BS.

It could be an anthro populated city for all we know. :P

Yeah but again, LW was primarily a light hearted game, the art is important to show what tone the game is appoarching.

Besides, do you really think something like this would appear in Lost World?

849-OUGSONICForces6.jpg

Darker tone with environment types, yes. More realistic world?

BtHaeBV.png

sonic_014_cs1w1_1280x720.jpg

Naaaah. This is a cartoony world just like SLW's. Same style, same weird surrealism. Just with a dash of detail added to it. Not the other way around, where cartoony elements are added to an otherwise realistic world.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm going to blatantly ignore the two worlds thing with the animals and humans being separate on account of it literally making no sense. From now on that's your confusing as fuck headcanon Iizuka. 

I'll gladly welcome that Classic Sonic from another dimension thing though. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

I was under the impression that specifically Mania's Sonic is in an alternate continuity, but Classic Sonic is still linked to ours. Did something change?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Darker tone with environment types, yes. More realistic world?

BtHaeBV.png

sonic_014_cs1w1_1280x720.jpg

Naaaah. This is a cartoony world just like SLW's. Same style, same weird surrealism. Just with a dash of detail added to it. Not the other way around, where cartoony elements are added to an otherwise realistic world.

2000?cb=20170324090653

28279gp2-drc_windyhill_130801_004.jpg

Not a single thing about a detailed city on fire in a warzone looks like anything from SLW......

I think people are just confusing cartoony aspects of Froces with SLW because that's the most recent game with a "Cartoony" artsyle so its still fresh in peolpe's minds, I just dont see the SLW similairites to the point where poeple think this looks exactly the same....

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I was under the impression that specifically Mania's Sonic is in an alternate continuity, but Classic Sonic is still linked to ours. Did something change?

Who told you that? 

No, it was specifically Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic that was stated to have been from different dimensions. Or worlds. And, of course, Sonic Mania is considered a part of Classic Sonic's world.

The important parts of that interview were when he speaks about Mighty and where the humans are coming from (as though that was a question that needed to be answered). 

Here's the part about Mighty still existing in the "Classic World"

Has anybody noticed that Mighty the Armadillo is missing?

Iizuka: Mighty is a part of the Classic world and the Classic group of characters, and some of the Chaotix did get interpreted for the Modern vision of the games. However, Mighty still exists in the Classic world, so maybe we'll see him in the future in some Classic iteration.

Now that part I like. Classic and Modern being separate makes things less confusing for me. I don't have to worry about which parts of Classic's universe I have to pay attention to now and can just work off an implied headcanon so things don't get too jumbled. The only real issue is Generations and it's "story" saying otherwise but to be honest I ain't too worried about that.

But then he goes into the nonsense about humans being from different worlds...

It used to be that Eggman was the sole human. Starting with Sonic Adventure, we're seeing more and more humans show up in the stories. Where are they all coming from?

Iizuka: The world that Sonic lives in and the world the humans live in are separate worlds. But, some of the canon games do have Sonic and humans together, and part of that is based on what world is being portrayed when the game is developed. There are kind of different worlds that do exist and sometimes there's some crossover.

Nope. Sorry. You won me over with the first part but you spoiled the broth and started chatting utter shit Iizuka. I'm ignoring that second part because it makes no sense. None. It's not even something you can ignore or edit a singular game like with Generations. There are characters and factions still being used within the games today that relied on humans being around for them to exist and still be used here (most notably, Shadow, Eggman's family, and G.U.N). It can't work like how he says it works here. It just can't.

You can read the interview here:  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/06/10/more-burning-questions-about-the-sonic-the-hedgehog-franchise-answered.aspx

• Thumbs Up 4