Awoo.

Sonic Forces Twitter Infos Thread

MudHunter

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Aren't the first trailers teasers they show usually from the intro?

No I meant like the opening to 06 or unleashed they usually do. The full cgi intro

5 hours ago, Sonikko said:

EDIT2:

sc-09-mgh1.png

I just noticed they went back to 8bit Sonic level design. What's funny about it is that the 8bit games were good if you consider the limitations they had to work with.

That explains the lenght of the levels.
Sonic Chaos levels lasted for about 20 seconds too.

I still have a soft spot for the 8 bit Sonics, so if Forces will be like that I can live with it.
Even if "Okay for 1993 handheld technology' is a weird quality to shoot for in your 2017 AAA game, but whatever.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Even if "Okay for 1993 handheld technology' is a weird quality to shoot for in your 2017 AAA game, but whatever.

The new mantra of Sonic Team, everybody.

11 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Guys - you can embed Twitter posts by simply pasting the URL. If you're on a mobile, just remove "mobile." from the URL.

I love the fact that of all the panoramic views that they could have taken, they chose the flattest bit of terrain with a booster leading into a loop. Anyone who has an issue with level design and and physics in Forces is going to take note of this image for the wrong reasons. I don't think that Sonic Team is even vaguely aware of the criticisms...

Oh... uh, wow.

Even as anti-pessimistic as I am towards this game... I just can't defend this. I mean, I actually dislike stuff like that. At least in Sonic Generations Green Hill (and even the classics) there was an attempt made to mask how, where and why a platform or path is placed and defined in a level.

These are just landscapes in midair with no structure or support... so zooming out to "show off" the level actually makes this look bad by design... it's almost like they used the Super Smash Bros Level Editor.

Still, it still technically looks gorgeous at least.  

• Thumbs Up 4

https://twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/920206205846421504

Today's tweet is about the Motobug.

the Ladybird type robot 'Motora'. This time it got slightly stylish with military design, but the basic performance is as usual. Nonetheless, if you move slowly you are cautioning that you are going to eat a furious rush if you are hitting high!

I'm still not entirely convinced by the enemy design in this game. The Death Egg Robos look absolutely fine with their new "mass production model" appearance, big I'm really not so keen on the new Egg Pawns and other badniks. They just look a bit dull, and not befitting of either their environments nor Eggman's character. Still, they're not awful and they are a million times better than the generic sci-fi bots of '06.

• Thumbs Up 5

41 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I'm still not entirely convinced by the enemy design in this game. The Death Egg Robos look absolutely fine with their new "mass production model" appearance, big I'm really not so keen on the new Egg Pawns and other badniks. They just look a bit dull, and not befitting of either their environments nor Eggman's character. Still, they're not awful and they are a million times better than the generic sci-fi bots of '06.

In the context of the game's world, I can see what they're going for - Now that Eggman's conquered most of the world, he's ditched the colourful and cartoony designs for something he can build and mass-produce faster.

The problem, besides the fact that they use the same two robot types in every single level (at least in Colours all the Egg Pawns had different attire for each zone), is that their dull colours are an eyesore to look at, and look like ass in the environments they're placed in.

• Thumbs Up 1

The enemy designs are not as bad as the shiny, slick, generic ones from Sonic 06 but I’m still not super keen on them. I know what they’re going for but they lack something I can’t quite put my finger on. Character maybe? Charm? 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/920924582344658944

Today's tweet is about the Egg Dragoon boss for Classic Sonic.

This Egg Dragoon is the strongest fighting mecha that Eggman boasts, equipped with large gatling cannons on the wings of light, even huge drills. You will be amazed by the quick movements and flashy attacks that do not match the bulk, but let's fight back and calm down!

... I wish they can show the bosses for Park avenue avatar and Modern Sonic for facts.

1 hour ago, Spookmmetra said:

https://twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/920924582344658944

Today's tweet is about the Egg Dragoon boss for Classic Sonic.

This Egg Dragoon is the strongest fighting mecha that Eggman boasts, equipped with large gatling cannons on the wings of light, even huge drills. You will be amazed by the quick movements and flashy attacks that do not match the bulk, but let's fight back and calm down!

... I wish they can show the bosses for Park avenue avatar and Modern Sonic for facts.

Come on eggy dragon is the most powerful. I know you can create something stronger :D

• Chuckle 1

If this is his "most powerful machine", does that mean Classic GHZ boss is Classic's final stage? </sarcasm>

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/921286299406835712

Today's tweet talks about the avatar stage, Guardian Rock.

Guardian Rock" of the stage to challenge the mission avatar alone. Here under the force of Eggman forces adjacent both Arsenal pyramids, many of the factory facility has become a bizarre landscape being built.

The Defense robot is that spider contraption that chases the player down.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Spookmmetra said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/921286299406835712

Today's tweet talks about the avatar stage, Guardian Rock.

Guardian Rock" of the stage to challenge the mission avatar alone. Here under the force of Eggman forces adjacent both Arsenal pyramids, many of the factory facility has become a bizarre landscape being built.

The Defense robot is that spider contraption that chases the player down.

Were the demo stages not complete?

I din't remeber seeing that part at that angle.

Todays tweet is about the fukin egg pawn.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/921705976482242560

"Eggupon" is a mainstay weapons robot of Eggman army. Together even exactly is weak, the amount was taking advantage of the strengths of the mass-produced weapons attack is thought of as a threat of Eggman army maximum, also the arm of Canon firepower reckoned with. 

1 hour ago, Spookmmetra said:

Todays tweet is about the fukin egg pawn.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/921705976482242560

"Eggupon" is a mainstay weapons robot of Eggman army. Together even exactly is weak, the amount was taking advantage of the strengths of the mass-produced weapons attack is thought of as a threat of Eggman army maximum, also the arm of Canon firepower reckoned with. 

Well, shit. It's no wonder the canon of this series is messed up. Sonic keeps destroying all the Egg Pawns and their arms of Canon!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 8

So they’re still called Egg pawn? Huh...

Still not keen on the design btw. Guess it’ll have to grow on me like the original orange one. -_o

• Thumbs Up 1

You know making comparisons, I realized something. Japan did a way better job at marketing Forces than the U.S. has

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

So they’re still called Egg pawn? Huh...

Still not keen on the design btw. Guess it’ll have to grow on me like the original orange one. -_o

This is probably the biggest nugget here, along with the Motobug one. That they're still considered those specific badniks, rather than some new model like the Egg Fighters.

As for the designs, eh I like them. I think the colder look fits the overall tone Forces is going for, without making them unrecognizable as badniks like GUN robots or 06's enemies. I actually really like the badniks' designs from Lost World over Unleashed-Generations, but these I think are a good compromise between looking too cutesy or too serious. These looks obviously aren't going to stick around after Forces though.