Awoo.

Sonic Forces Twitter Infos Thread

MudHunter

40 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Ah, it would have been cool if the info snippets were stuff like spotlighting of one of Sonic's friends with a brief summation of what they're doing. We haven't gotten a good look at Rouge or Vector or Espio yet, showcasing them in an update wouldn't be much of a spoiler since we know they're there, yet it'd be Something technically new to look at since they haven't gotten much attention yet, they're just vaguely in the background.

Haven't you heard? Sonic's friends suck.

That's why we now have Sonic AND Sonic. And OC Sonic.  

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Haven't you heard? Sonic's friends suck.

That's why we now have Sonic AND Sonic. And OC Sonic.  

As Shadow!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Oh I'm definitely not mad at any of this.

It's pretty clear by now that the opinions on Forces have been well set for a number of people here already. It's pointless to continue actively playing the waiting game and pretending that you're withholding your final judgement on what it's going to be at this point if you're someone who's participated in those gigantic fights that happen every time a new piece of info comes out.

Nakamura seems like a nice guy. 

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Oh I'm definitely not mad at any of this.

It's pretty clear by now that the opinions on Forces have been well set for a number of people here already. It's pointless to continue actively playing the waiting game and pretending that you're withholding your final judgement on what it's going to be at this point if you're someone who's participated in those gigantic fights that happen every time a new piece of info comes out.

Nakamura seems like a nice guy. 

Oh he definitely is! and yeah its definitely pointless since its very clear here on this board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/915493013631098880

Today's tweet talks about the Wisps, specifically, the white ones-

"A mysterious alien "Whisp" bringing super power to Sonic. There are various types of whispers, but this "whisp capsule" contains "white whisp". Liberate them and boost gauge will be charged!"

Since the white Wisps are confirmed as wispons, I wonder what their powers will be for the avatar.

Yeah I'm just anxiously waiting for this game to release now. Pretty obvious we might not get any new story and level details until reviews and the actual release date. Speaking of reviews...hope they haven't been embargoed. 

23 hours ago, James Cloud said:

Exactly when they promise "basic information" that's what's gonna be delivered. Its likely aimed for newcomers to Sonic especially for JP if this is gonna be their first game purchase and getting into the series.

"Newcomers" to Sonic won't be reading random bits of pre-release info about the series from twitter and whatnot.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm going to assume they've realized each reveal increases the negativity towards the game so they'll just keep their mouths shut on new content until the release date which is probably for the better.

14 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

I'm going to assume they've realized each reveal increases the negativity towards the game so they'll just keep their mouths shut on new content until the release date which is probably for the better.

We don't really have any reason to assume that considering we just got new information yesterday. For all we know, they've gone into maximum overdrive.

13 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

I mean people for the most part have been pretty happy with this, only places I see with any criticism are this place, gamefaqs and a few choice videos on youtube so I don't see how this would play into it unless sonic team themselves know that this really isn't work to be overjoyed by (and from what they've shown us I wouldn't blame them). If anything i'm hoping they show something that actually makes me positive about the game for once since pretty much every gameplay reveal has just been...bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Dannymax440 said:

Definitely doubt that the reception is a positive majority outside this forum, Gamefaqs and specific comments on certain tubers channels which are very vocal minority. They are definitely now pumping out new info for this game at a steady pace which I like nothing TOO big.

7 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Yeah I'm just anxiously waiting for this game to release now. Pretty obvious we might not get any new story and level details until reviews and the actual release date. Speaking of reviews...hope they haven't been embargoed. 

Technically speaking, a game having the reviews embargoed doesn't really matter. I mean, even Sonic Mania had a review embargo.

What you're looking for is the embargo to be lifted before the release date and not on/after. 

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, Spookmmetra said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/915493013631098880

Today's tweet talks about the Wisps, specifically, the white ones-

"A mysterious alien "Whisp" bringing super power to Sonic. There are various types of whispers, but this "whisp capsule" contains "white whisp". Liberate them and boost gauge will be charged!"

Since the white Wisps are confirmed as wispons, I wonder what their powers will be for the avatar.

A boost gauge for the Avatar, maybe? He already plays exactly like Sonic so it wouldn't be weird. 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Technically speaking, a game having the reviews embargoed doesn't really matter. I mean, even Sonic Mania had a review embargo.

What you're looking for is the embargo to be lifted before the release date and not on/after. 

I mean, review embargoes are pretty normal. The whole idea is to stop reviewers to not step over each other, and then complain about somebody else getting a review before someone else.

But yeah, day one embargoes are what to look out for, because they're done with the knowledge that consumers make purchasing decisions days in advance, and doing that is just preventing consumers from making an informed decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

I stopped watching reviews from the mainstream "Game Journalism" crowd after IGN pissed me off with their Sonic Generations review in 2011. I only really catch reviews from Jim Sterling and SomecallmeJohnny honestly. 

The only real reason I still slightly give a shit is because it's something that still influences a ton of other people. That in turn makes them a good indicator of how well the game "might" be received. As such I can deem from it how the conversations online might go when talking about it. That and SEGA really cares about it because potential sales I guess... 

Although, I have a feeling that's not going to matter with Sonic Forces. We're pretty much living out what the reaction is going to be right now.

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Ah yeah. That's what I meant lol. Don't want them to lift the embargo on or after release day. I think they did that with Sonic Boom, but we did get some entertaining let's plays out of it on YouTube to judge for ourselves. XP

https://mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP/status/915848307695542272

Today's tweet is about the homing attack.

"It is "Homing Attack" if you press the jump button again while jumping. In Homing Attack, you can kill enemies with body contact from lock on, and can quickly access various gimmicks. If you defeat the enemies in the air with continuous Homing Attack, you can also move in the air!"

Why are they telling us basic Sonic facts that everyone obviously know instead of small tidbits on the game? 

Either these are directed towards newcomers or they're doing a lousy job on making a Forces Dojo lol.

Some quick tutorials on those who haven't played Sonic in a while perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Spookmmetra said:

"It is "Homing Attack" if you press the jump button again while jumping. In Homing Attack, you can kill enemies with body contact from lock on, and can quickly access various gimmicks. If you defeat the enemies in the air with continuous Homing Attack, you can also move in the air!"

Is this some kind of prank

• Chuckle 4

Yeeeeah, I don't think I'm gonna be checking out these tweets anymore. 

But hey, if they were trying out an impression of Omochao in the form of tweets, they knocked it out of the park.

• Chuckle 1

19 hours ago, Spookmmetra said:

It's like one of those 100+ facts videos where 80% of the facts is the most baseline information that even someone uninitiated would have gleaned in passing.

Like I'm half expecting some "Sonic the Hedgehog stars a blue hedgehog named Sonic who runs fast!" level factoids after that.

• Chuckle 5

42 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Sonic the Hedgehog stars a blue hedgehog named Sonic who runs fast!

HEY SPOILERS!
Sonic being able to run isn't supposed to be revealed until another 12 tweets in.

• Chuckle 4