Awoo.

What would your dream Sonic game include?

Psychicmoose103

Pretty simple topic, but what would you guys include or have in your dream sonic game, if you got to choose everything that went into it? Heres what I would want!

-Style similar to Sonic Mania and 3K. 

-Bring back everyone who worked on mania, as well as give the mania team more time, money, and maybe even some more people to work on the game.

-Make it a huge classic sonic game. Tons of zones, bring back multiple sets of emeralds, and other things that can be done with a bigger budget and team.

-Bring back more old classic characters. Mighty? Ray? Chaotix?

-Make Eggette a canon character. She is awesome, and a great fan character. She also fits very well.

-Perhaps even bring back a 3rd act? As long as it has a separate music track and gimmicks + background like the current act 1 and 2.

-Tee Lopes on the music. No doubt about it.

-Finally, I would want the team to have full control on the story they make. While I didn't mind Mania tying into Forces, I think the mania team could probably create a story as awesome as 3K's. Hopefully this includes all zone transitions too.

-All original zones

Well that's pretty much it. Basically, I want a giant, awesome, huge classic sonic adventure. What do you guys want? Be sure to post!

A Dream Sonic game eh? As in I don't have to take into consideration things that happen in real-life, grievances with development time, the direction and the Iizuka-ness of the series? Oh hell yeah, let's get it on then.

Here's the premise right. See, the man with the masterplan, Dr. Eggman, has got a plan for the ages. Just like in Eggman's Dozen, he's rounding up his own Suicide Squad to take down Sonic and the others and is orchestrating an uprising that sees his rise to power and his empire taking over. Basically it's like what Sonic Forces is doing, only the game is about his rise and I suppose the sequel would be about stabilizing things so that the heroes could get some push back. Or perhaps it'd just be a really well-done, self contained war-like effort, only the kind you'd see in a Sonic game with weirdoes fighting one another. Everyone is strange looking and everyone has strange powers, including the people in G.U.N. They're essentially like the marines from One Piece because those crazy fuckers are the kind of military you'd expect to just exist in Sonic's world without much explanation behind their powers.

Detailing about different plot aspects would largely fall upon one writer who knew what the hell he was doing. Each character would have their own personal motivation, even if they acted as a part of a team. Making sure they got their own time to shine or do something of consequence would be the goal. Mostly in a way that doesn't force it to happen either. I want it to feel as natural as possible.

Gameplay: I'd definitely go for something similar to how Sonic controlled and moved in the Adventure games. I say, "similar" because it's 2017 now and updating it to fit with something that would come out in 2017 wouldn't be that hard to do. Dare I say it'd be easier than creating a boost game. Or at least more rewarding for the developers who spend so much time making environments that the players zoom by in a nanosecond. No offense to the boost formula in general though. I find it quite fun. I just feel this play style is more accessible and more open to other characters. Like the Classics but in 3D. I'd make it possible to go a bit faster than you did in the Adventure games a bit though. Just a bit.

The level design would be extremely open. Different pathways of course, not just for the level itself but different goodies depending on which character you were.

Playable Characters: My go to list is usually of an even 10 (if we're talking DREAM Sonic game of course). Only the ones that make sense to be in it or I feel could contribute something that another character couldn't. No offense to Silver and Blaze but I'd rather not force a conversation about "the future" and "another dimension" if I don't really need to. Not opposed to having them be DLC though. Free DLC too. Or better yet, they'll be what you unlock in the game. Campaigns about their other worldly adventures for all. Unlock Metal Sonic for the hell of it too. He's an easy skin to have. Just ask Sonic Adventure, where he awkwardly does the thumbs up pose when you beat a stage playing as him. The 10 I'd choose are:

Speed: Sonic, Shadow, Espio, Amy

Flight: Tails, Rouge, Charmy

Power: Knuckles, Omega, Vector

Speed gets an extra character because sure, why not? Despite each having their own attribute to speed, power, and flight they also individually have something that only they can do on top of that. Just one extra thing though. I'm not going to do the whole Sonic 06 thing where everyone is wickedly different from everyone else. Even in the dream space that sounds like a nightmare to develop. I don't want it.

Levels: Goddamn new locations or level troupes that we don't see explored often. Another Haunted House or Graveyard area would be nice. I want a zombie scene, but done comedically. The zombies are all funny when they're trying to be scary. Do good zombie jokes. If there is any fanservice locations we visit it'll be ones I'm okay with seeing game after game. Like the Mystic Ruins, because that's where Tails lives. Or Angel Island, because that's where Knuckles lives. Or even Station Square if we can explore a new area from there. Maybe see what it's Chinatown looks like.

The game's length, ideally for me personally, without thinking about anyone else, would probably go on for about as long as the first Kingdom Hearts. If I were taking other people into consideration it'd be significantly shorter... sure... but... you know. It's my dream, I can do whatever the fuck I want.

Music: Tunes reminiscent of Sonic Unleashed would be preferred. Maybe some tracks done by Tee Lopes if he can get in on this fantastic dream of mine. A few vocal songs. I'd probably get at least one Crush 40 tune in there.

I would also appreciate it if Kirk Thornton could channel his "Saix while he's fighting from Kingdom Hearts" voice for Shadow instead of the "Kisame from Naruto" one he's using. That'd be cool. He's got a great Shadow in him somewhere, they just need to direct him a bit differently. He's fantastic as Orbot.

Loads of well-written comedy when appropriate. Dramatic moments when appropriate. You know. Stuff that happens in normal stories. None of this, "Either/Or" bullshit that they do where one game we get one extreme and another game we get the other.

Also, I'd like for it to make bajillions of dollars and for all the money to go to me.

Also, different costumes. You can dress up Sonic as a baseball player. Dress Tails up as a WWE wrestler. Dress Knuckles up as your local milkman.

Red Rings: Concept art, sure. Music tracks, fine. But also extra cutscenes like what Sonic Unleashed did. Present the full character bio with their ages and favorite foods included. We need more reminders of those things because I'm tired of reading Youtube comments where people say Amy is "Nine I think". Don't think! Just look it up before you say something you foolish f-!

Also, I'd like for it to make bajillions of dollars and for all the money to go to me.

Thank you~!

Edit: I totally forgot. I'd want some hubs in my game too. Nothing super huge. Just like they were in Unleashed. Maybe a tad bit bigger. Have the NPCs you talk to be completely optional but have goodies delivered to you upon completing tasks and following the mini-stories they all shared, like in Unleashed proper. However, have the entrance to the stage be right where you spawn so people who don't want to travel them don't have to.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 2

The SatAM game we deserve.

-Sonic has been modified to have the mohawk. His sprites will be based on the ones from Sonic 2.

-Each stage will have a set character to help you along your way. (Tails, Sally, Rotor, Etc..)

-The game will go for the SEGA CD thing, so cutscenes with all the original SatAM actors (With an impersonator for Bunnie) and animators.

-Micheal Tavera will be brought back for the music.

-There will be a Hubworld based on Knothole, where you can get power rings at the lake every 12 game hours (Totaling to 1 hour in realtime)

-You can also get power rings every 200 rings.

-There will either be 6 3-act zones, or 12 2-act zones.

-Losing rings will work similarly to the blue rings in Mania.

I will edit this if I think of more mechanics.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

At this point I think my dreams are pretty modest.

Take the classic gameplay, translate it into 3D. I'm not terribly picky about exactly what moves they use, just keep the focus on the platforming and slope physics and all that stuff. Give me maybe a couple of characters sharing the same core gameplay but each with a little unique twist to it. Come up with a dozen or so interesting levels and some fun gimmicks for them. And give me a story that focuses on and makes me care about the characters involved instead of worrying about being serious or epic or whatever.

e: and put Blaze in it.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

- A 3D game that manages to accommodate for Sonic's slower and faster speeds, with level design to compliment both traits and without the need to the rely on gimmicks to artificially lengthen the game. As well as being versatile enough to be able to let characters like Tails and Knuckles play without feeling out of place. That'd be a great start.

- A plot that's not overly complicated, and cutscenes that have actual context and consequences of bridging levels together or setting up future ones as well as boss fights. 

I really don't have much aspirations for this series anymore, I just want something that builds on the best of what the series has to offer and improve on what didn't work.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ultimate dream game? Well...

Style and tone is very cartoony and feels like something that could have easily been translated to animation. Cast here is Sonic, Tails, Knuckles as protagonists and Eggman as the main antagonist. Disparate animal friends, designs from existing games and ones from the CVG issue (these guys 

Spoiler

scan.jpg

)would appear and could appear in speaking roles in cutscenes. Make the settings feel alive. Everyone should react and build off each other. 

I want something that feels ridiculous but in series there is a great passion for what's happening. This is the sort of thing that differentiates AoStH and Boom, they're both very intentionally silly but AoStH follows through, making it's twisted universe feel like a legit thing while the Boom cartoon mainly has self-depreciating humour and works off the fact it's stupid and you're supposed to think that too. We want the former here. Eggman is supposed to act fucking ridiculous and almost laughable but in his twisted head everything is a legitimate option to get what he wants. 

The plot should be simple anyway, completely silly but taken straight in the game because they work silly and live that way, it's just how it is. Maybe Eggman is focusing on changing climate, maybe with those satellite dishes you see in Mushroom Hill, spread everywhere or something. Or whatever. The point is is that Eggman does something that has noticible effects, animal buddies are hot and bothered by it. Sonic Tails and Knuckles come to solve it. All cutscenes should have the prime objective of pushing the story along, and not feel disjointed like every modern Sonic game ever. Should be like S3&K where the story implemented is solely to explain where you are and why. THAT'S THE POINT. There can be humour and people playing off each other (there should be) but it's all supplemental to the main point here. 

Now what the gameplay is, is all the philosophies and concepts of how Mega Drive and Mega CD Sonic now put into where it always truly belonged: a 3D environment. Now we can have slopes and hills and planes and manifolds and maps stretch in any way we can imagine. 2D depressions in the Mega Drive now can become bowls, same with 2D hills. Planes at a higher altitude can have multiple ways of scaling them, depending on how you think. That should be the point of a game like this, YOU HAVE TO THINK LIKE SONIC. USE WHAT YOU DO TO FULL ADVANTAGE. Roll. Break walls. Everything. Sonic is about speed, and platforming, but in 3D we can explore like never before Sonic's third attribute; puzzle solving. A very sandboxy sort of puzzle solving, but it's there based off how Sonic works. There could be a room in a level where you could change the geometry of it at points to get to the top in the fastest or most fun way. Have places where Sonic's interesting physics are put on show and are taken advantage of. 

Stages should be spacious, wide, but with a clear general direction, not getting too sandboxy. Think Windy Hill Beta, that's how Sonic 3D levels should be. Unlike Sonic Utopia, there should be more emphasis on vertical movement to go along with Mega Drive philosophy. Stages should have large emphasis on going downhill in rolling state and using speed to get up to higher places. There should be multiple levels in each zone that all go off in their own direction and can be switched and crossed like Sonic CD's freedomness on steroids. A nice reference to this sorta thing could be this. 

Notice as how the dude goes downhill there are all sorts of other paths that are accesible that work around this downhill "jam". Take it to the extreme with Sonic. Get some good air up a slope and explore these upper regions which will deviate in their own crazy pathways, some going up, some going down, some going side to side or all three. Everything you try as Sonic should have some sort of result. 

Because of this nature, stages should take as much advantage of their size and geometry as possible, be able to go everywhere based on what you do. An example is this from Windy Valley Beta. 

Spoiler

6UjdYUm.png

Zone tropes could be anything, something that makes cool shapes in 3D is welcome basically. Do crazy shit with it though, I want Sonic CD in 3D.

Image result for crazy places on earth

Related image

Image result for crazy places on earth

If cities are in the game, make them look fucking cool, okay? 

Spoiler

Related image

Related image

Related image

I do want more gimmicks that are based on Sonic in ball form though. Since we are now in 3D, there should be even more emphasis on Sonic's pinball mechanics. Have levels working like this in principle, speaking of pinball. Look how much fun this shit is. 

Spoiler

SHE3Jyq.jpg

The game is direct, and there are no hub worlds. Hub worlds are a waste of time and Sonic isn't a fucking collectathon game so we don't need all this slow paced shit here. You play a zone, get a cutscene showing how you get to the next place, next zone. Simple. Easy. Sonic. 

Basically what should have happened in 1998. There's probably more I could say but this is all I can think of at the moment. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

There's honestly a bunch of ideas I could put in this thread, but I'll start with a topical one and one I've been thinking about a lot recently, a sort of good edition of Sonic Forces.

The premise: No infinite. No Classic Sonic. No Avatars. Eggman manages to take over the world through the discovery of the phantom ruby, which he uses to put Sonic in suspended animation. He then manages to take over the world in his absence. Sonic awakens to find a ruined green hill being overrun by the Death Egg Robots. The game begins immediately with Sonic awakening in this enviroment as he tries to piece together what's going on and eventually form the "Resistance" himself. The world gets more devastated/robotic the closer you get to Eggman's stronghold: a personalized city with a Death Egg type command center looming over it.

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, and Blaze are being used to power bigger badniks themed after their abilities. A big part of the game will be rescuing them to add them to your team and playable roster. They form "The Resistance".

Eggman has also decided it best not to leave the Chaos emeralds out in the open and has hid them in a "Digital Dimension" ala Sonic Colors. These are where the special stages take place.

Gameplay: The game would take after Sonic Adventure 1 with a bigger emphasis on physics like the classics. Sonic controls relatively simply with the other characters equipped with different abilities. Stages would have a general Sonic CD-ish theme of being further dominated by pollution and technology the further you go in, with the level design getting more rigid and difficult along the way.

Enemies would play a bit more aggressively. They can still be taken out in one hit, but they'd be a bit faster as to be able to actively chase Sonic if he decides to try to pass them up.

There'd be a trick and style system from Adventure 2 that the player can use to rack up points. Getting higher ranks would be much harder and used as encouragement for people to learn the best ways to beat a level. The rank would primarily be score based instead of time based to promote multiple approaches.

The stages would be wider and playground/skatepark like with the emphasis being on manipulating Sonic's physics to get him to do cool shit yourself rather than automation. 

The special stages would hammer this home by being very difficult takes that require you to master that given character's movement. They would affect the ending.

There'd also be a competition mode because we've gone too long without that.

There'd be a "Rebel Base' that acts as a hub. You wouldn't be really required to visit it very often but hanging out there gives you more time with characters and unlocks side missions.

Graphics: The game's UI and presentation.would be a bit different than past Sonic games with it emphasizing Sonic and friend's status as rebels. Life icons would be wanted posters ala P5, your score over the course of the game would be added to an overall "bounty" Eggman places on you that would unlock things if it got high enough and would also be tied to some kind of leaderboard. The menus would be sleek and stylish, using a lot of 2D animations and art..

The game would take on a heavier cel shaded style to match Uekawa's artwork.
WgJ91SJ.png

Basically I'm saying steal Persona 5's presentation for this one game. 

I have a few more ideas that I'll probably drop in this thread some other time. Hard to think of just one dream Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Something ACTUALLY based on the other canons, not just in a promotional way. Something that finally includes lots of other continuity characters. Something that truly does unite the franchise. I never really had a problem with any of the playstyles in the games, so whatever.

• Thumbs Up 2

-Classic Sonic gameplay. Don't really care much for Tails or Knuckles being playable, but throw them in there to appease the fandom.
-Entirely new zones, though callbacks to classic levels are appreciated if not overdone.
-Zone transitions so the game feels cohesive from beginning to end.
-A lighthearted story, but deep enough to differentiate it from the previous games.
-Mini-bosses at the end of act 1, epic Eggman mech at the end of act 2.
-Drop the "Super Sonic final boss after collecting all the emeralds" thing and just have a traditional final boss.
-Unique special stages that don't involve "collect X rings." Or a half-pipe. Like, ever again. We've had enough of those in the last 25 years.

So, basically Sonic Mania with some tweaks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-

Sonic the Hedgehog 3D World

Not with that literal title of course, and not literally just Mario 3D World with Sonic plopped in.

But think how Mario 3D World was like a perfect blend of everything great about 2D Mario game design brought into 3D, and lovingly crafted with graphics, animation, and music up to modern video game hardware (you know, for Nintendo hurdur)

I want that for Sonic.

Not something kinda like that for a third or less of the game, not endless speed, not time travel antics to explain why there are two Sonics and one exists entirely on a 2D axis while one only mostly on one.

I want to experience the feel of Genesis/CD/Mania Sonic movement in a three dimensional space. 

Tails, Knuckles, Amy all playable with the abilities you'd expect.

Maybe I will have more specific things to say later.

• Thumbs Up 3

I dunno about a dream Sonic game, as there's a handful of ideas I'd like for at least more than one hypothetical Sonic game.

The biggest one going on right now would be a 3D Sonic made by designers that understood Sonic is first and foremost a platformer, and a momentum-based one at that; and remembered sped is a trademark, not the only thing that held up 3D Sonic gameplay. For me, that type of game would be a 3D Sonic game that completely ignored the framework/foundations of almost every existing 3D Sonic game and started from scratch with the Genesis games as the starting point. So no Homing Attack, no stock dash panels, no instant-contact springs, no heavy elements of scripting and automation, minimal (and appropriately used) bottomless pits. Physics that had some necessary tweaks to accommodate the 3D space (I think, for example, a Sonic 2-styled speedcap would probably be necessary, and maybe spindashing nerfed a bit), but had the core concepts of the original gameplay intact (rolling, spindashing, bouncing, et. al. work as they should). Classic moveset and abilities are preserved, with a few new 3D mechanics (one idea coming to mind is a parkour button that allowed Sonic to vault over objects or rebound against walls, and gain or maintain momentum a la the CD opening). Levels that have Sonic's staple unique platforms and formations (slopes, hills, quarterpipes, and half-pipes among others, new styles of 3D structures not possible in 2D would be great too), are filled with familiar and returning level mechanics/gimmicks, and have the occasional secrets/hidden rooms/shortcuts, and multiple branching routes if possible. There are other things I'd like to see, but those elements are for me the most important things and are what readily come to mind first.

Not too far behind is a 2D Genesis Sonic with modern production values--preferably HD sprites, and preferably took the artstyle inspiration from Sonic CD's animation, the OVA, Sonic 2 concept art, and Mega Drive/Tyson Heese's take on classic Sonic. Basically Sonic's answer to games like Rayman Origins/Legends, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, I'll even throw in DuckTales Remastered (2D sprites against 3D backgrounds). But a part of me feels that with Mania existing and being a success, we're hopefully a step closer to that goal.

The third idea I've had is basically the aforementioned 3D Sonic idea, but with the gameplay adapted to a mini-sandbox styled game, akin to Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey. I know sandbox-styled Sonic games are hard to visualize working (and in the case of Utopia, is the biggest complaint levied against it), but I've always felt that the early Tony Hawk Pro Skater games would be a great starting point as to how a mini-sandbox Sonic game would be like.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Real 3D gameplay

-At least 4 playable characters; personally it would out of the following; Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Blaze. But I wouldn't complain if it includes Cream or the Chaotix. (As long as it's not Classic Sonic).

-Plot that has a balance of drama and comedy 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bring back Sonic Adventure Gameplay, but with multiple optional playable characters. Each level can be played by each character, while having the same goal of racing to the finish. It would also be neat to have the option of swapping between characters at certain points in levels, kind of like the character selection barrels from Dk64.

Bring back the hub worlds and Chao Garden. The Chao Garden should revise the mini games to let us control our Chao, instead of being forced to wait, watch,  and hope for the best. No more relying on top stats or luck, we should be able to control our Chao in the Races, and have a better battle mode with either turn based rpg battles, or real time action/arcade style fighting. 

Chao Garden should also have better customizable features, like upgrading the size/shape/theme of our garden using rings, and props to decorate the garden with.

playable characters I would include are Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Silver, and Blaze. I wouldn’t mind having a few extras, like Shadow, Rouge, Espio, and Vector. 

Tails’s gameplay would be similar to how he controlled in Sonic Adventure, while also being able to pull out a laser blaster, and go into a third person shooter mode while having it equipped. When in shooter mode, Tails won’t be able to fly, but he can aim using the right control stick, and even sidestep.

Knuckles would play more like he did in Adventure 2, except he should also have the ability to charge his punches, and even ground pound to create quakes. It would also be neat to be able to punch while climbing. There could be a boss fight where Knuckles has to fight a giant robot, and Knuckles has to to climb on the robot’s limbs, and start punching weak spots to dismantle the robot.

Amy would be more swift and athletic than before. She would have her hammer pole vault ability from Adventure. Unlike other games, Amy should have the ability of equipping her hammer and putting her hammer away with the push of a button. Amy will move faster and perform a double jump when her hammer is put away, yet she can pull many useful attacks and combos with her hammer out. Instead of just pounding her hammer into the ground with one button, she should be able to perform different attack types with different buttons and combinations.She could charge her attacks by holding the attacks buttons and releasing them, and rapidly pound and swing by pressing attack buttons repatedly.

Silver would be a lot faster than before, and still be able to pick up enemies and items using his psychic powers. He should be able to aim his psychic powers by moving the right control stick, similar to the telekinesis controls from Destroy All Humans. It might even be neat for Silver to take actual control of badniks, allowing players to roll around as a Motobug, or fly and blast as a Buzzbomber. (Similar to the capture mechanic from Super Mario Odyssey).

Blaze would have more advanced fire abilities than ever before. She would be able to throw balls of fire, blast flames like a flamethrower, and even hover by igniting her feet like jet thrusters.

There could also be optional arena levels, dedicated to fighting waves of badniks. It would allow for some better action for the characters with combat abilities. It could also be a great way for earning rings, and rewards for the Chao Garden

I’d want a new game to let players experiment with the characters and explore to try finding secrets. The core gameplay would be focused on Sonic’s action stage gameplay from Sonic Adventure, but allowing other characters to explore the levels in their own way, while being able to find hidden items, upgrades, and extras that only certain characters can reach.

I’d want the game to bring back the spirit of what people liked in Sonic Adventure, while letting each character play through the same levels as Sonic, while having their own unique abilities to let players play through the game in their own way, while offering many secrets and rewards for trying things differently when replaying these levels as other characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a bit hard since I would like both a dream 2D and a dream 3D game. If there had to be only one though, to put it short it is like Sonic Generations mixed with Sonic Jam.

Basically the idea is that there is a 2D side and a 3D side of the game however both sides have a different plot and a different style. No time travel, no different Sonics impacting the plot, just a basic plot involving Eggman doing something bad so it is up to Sonic & co to stop him.

The 2D side is like an upgraded Sonic Mania mixed with Triple Trouble, only pushed towards the next level. As in that it has the features in Mania (classic physics, character selection, element based power ups, multiple routes, Drop Dash) but with other parts too such as all original levels. Maybe even a gag where one of the levels you think you are back to Green Hill even with the first part of the music starting but Eggman pollutes it so it becomes Brown Hill with some different graphics and a different level design (to refer the Greenfield and Brownfield sites). There are a few new old powerups such as the Spring, Snowboard, Sea Fox and the Goggles, and Gimmicks that can choose if you're skilled enough to get a better time such as the Mine Cart or the Hand Glider.

Special Stages have to be jaw dropping graphically and technically but also a variation of Special Stages so each Special Stage is different by design to get the Chaos Emeralds. So at one you're in a pinball machine then you're at a maze to stop Fang, then you are like in Marble Madness and so on. One of them you have to find in a level. No Blue Spheres though, same thing for Cameltry and the Half Pipe/Tube. Bosses are an extention to both Mania (the Hard Boiled Heavies) and Triple Trouble (Fang, Metal Sonic, original non-Eggman bosses).

No 3D models in the entire game apart from bosses and Special Stages to stand out, just hand drawn traditional animation in the style of the classic artwork in HD (or 4K). Musically there are two different soundtracks to choose from, a Mega Drive style soundtrack using the actual sound chip and a Saturn inspired soundtrack done by Naofumi Hataya and/or Richard Jacques. You could even customise the soundtrack by selecting which tracks you want to play and even allow an option to import your soundtrack.

Oh and a gradual level design so it starts of like quick and streamline but then it gets more complex and by the last two levels long maze like ala Sonic 3&K. No Time Over either.

As for 3D, people on this thread have more or less said similar things in regards of transplanting the classics into a 3D space however I'll do my own take on it.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles have to be playable but the latter two might have to be nerfed due to the different dimension. Physics have to be as close to the originals as it is possible on a 3D plane that no 3D Modern Sonic game has done. Sonic has to earn his speed and more platform focused gameplay. Rolling down hills and climbing up them, smashing blocks/walls to get to new areas, do a puzzle or two to figure out how to get there.

Moves are more of the classic style so no homing attack or light speed dash however the parkour move is going to be in as a means to get to an alternative route. Say to get to the top route, you roll down and with enough speed get to the high platform via a manual ramp and the bottom route is not performing it or not enough speed to drop down, the parkour could be used to get to the middle route on the wall. There could be a part of a stage where you can do what you see in the intro to Sonic CD yourself. The spindash has to have a purpose that is mainly to get up ramps or a gimmick that uses it ala Sonic 3&K. Very little boost pads and even then it is a one time thing (sort of like Chemical Plant), minimal scripting in the game none on loops and only there if it to prevent any bugs or out of control moments.

Level design has to be varied. I don't want something like Sonic Utopia where you look like you get lost in a level but nothing like a mobile runner game. Was thinking more along the lines of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Lost World as in multiple ways of doing a level but still linear and straight forward enough to know where you are going. It has to have slopes, loops, curves, maybe even a corkscrew and less on the bottomless pits.

Graphically sort of like Sonic Unleashed as in beautiful to look at with the charm of Sonic Lost World. Yes that includes all of Sonic's animal buddies, e.g. Flickies and iconic enemies e.g. Motobug.

Remember when I said Sonic Jam? Well it has to be caked with extras. Concept artwork for the game and the series, sound test, character profiles, adverts, silly Youtube/Twitter things, animation, history and a little exploring hub world (not for the game, for the extras) where there are easter eggs and little bonus modes to give that extra replayability outside of the main game.

Oh and have it polished, really polished as in minimal bugs and glitches.

Title: Sonic Melee

-15 playable characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy,  Shadow, Silver, Fang, Bean, Bark, Metal Sonic, Espio, Charmy, Vector, Blaze, & Big.

-Each Arena is based on a zone.

-Go online and local VS.

-Polygonal sprites.

-I might edit this if I get more Ideas.

35 minutes ago, Super-Luigi said:

Title: Sonic Melee

-15 playable characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy,  Shadow, Silver, Fang, Bean, Bark, Metal Sonic, Espio, Charmy, Vector, Blaze, & Big.

-Each Arena is based on a zone.

-Go online and local VS.

-Polygonal sprites.

-I might edit this if I get more Ideas.

Why polygonal sprites? What's wrong with finally getting an HD fighter? We already got a sprite Sonic battle game, and a low poly arcade fighter. What's wrong with finally getting an hd  3d fighter? I feel a 2d fighter would really limit the gameplay and pacing. I do agree that we need a new Sonic fighting game, most preferably in the fashion of Super Smash Bros. I'm more into those than the stiff movements from games like Street FIghter. Sonic the Fighters was too sluggish, and Sonic Battle didn't have the steadiest framerate either, it was visually impressive as a GBA game, but still looks outdated now in days. Even the modern Street Fighter games rely too much on making the games move like they did in the old sprite games, yet it just makes everything look stiffly animated, and choppy. I don't care if it doesn't match the slow pace of the originals, I'd rather get a more up to date Street Fighter, with actual speed in the fighting, which can hold up to the improved graphics of today. It's so strange to see such detailed 3d models moving like stop motion characters.  I'd rather get a Sonic fighting game that looks visually stunning,  and feels fluid. It's not impossible, but most sprite based games are made with heavy limitations in movement, compared to animated 3d models. There's a reason why you don't see too many sprite based fighters any more, unless they're made for the sake of retro nostalgia. Too much nostalgia leaves me begging for something new though, and lately, industries have been relying too much on just 8 or 16 bit nostalgia.

Dream sonic game?

As in, no matter how crazy, wild, ridiculous, and infinitely bizzare it is?

Ok, it's gonna be a long one... 

Spoiler

Gamplay: 3d, good rolling physics. Put some 2d sections in it but make them meaningful. Make sonic, miles, and knuckles playable. Give them a unique ability that can be leveled up 3 levels, one at 50 rings, two at 100 rings, and three at 200 rings. Give sonic a double homing attack where if you tap the homing button In mid air, he will normally homing attack an enemy. If you hold it, he will grab onto the enemy and ride it until you press the button to jump off.

For knuckles, give him a homing punch and a digging move. Make him dig in 2d and 3d to add variety to his gameplay. 

For tails, give him that move that sonic does in lost world and give him a grapple attack.

Graphics: I like cel-shaded graphics and I think it would be a good fit for sonic.

levels: make them varied. Give players the option of choosing their own paths within the level. I don't care if the whole game consists of five zones, make them huge! Like, if there is a city level, give the choice of either going through the city streets, the sewer, or the rooftops. Like do that. Also, bring back end of act set pieces and climaxes like, I want the lights to go out in the city and for a killer robot with lightning powers to chase me through buildings or something.

music: make the music for into where you are in the level. And bring back character themes as well.

That's all I want. Make me feel like I am sonic going on an adventure.

• 2 months later...

Here is my ultimate dream game that is an evolution of Sonic Mania, called Sonic: Above and Beyond.

It is a 2D side scroller with a mix of 3D with an HD or 4k art style like Sonic 2 HD but hand drawn, with Sonic Mania's physics.

The classic trio are playable (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles) and have max abilites, Sonic for example has all his moves leading up to Sonic Mania. Elemental Shields are in this game.

There will be a massive 16 Zones, with 4 acts each (3 regular acts and a boss act),the background changes after 2 acts, each act has a mini boss, but no act or zone transisions, though they will be shown in cutscenes (which you can skip if you want).

I would to write the story, but I can't be arsed to write it at the moment.:P

Maybe a game that is like a refined version of Adventure that doesn't have filler parts like Big's story and that uses the other characters well both gameplay wise and story wise.

Believe it or not, Sonic Forces is close to my dream scenario for Sonic, at least in gameplay types.  I'd want levels that last longer than two minutes of course.  However, the plan is boost gameplay for Sonic, Avatar's gameplay for Tails, except with a permanent hover wisp as his flight ability, and a modified werehog style for Knuckles.  I've also had my fill of level rehashing. let's make some NEW memories with NEW zones and all of that.  Other characters can get in via unlockable missions as well as some good ol DLC packs like episode Shadow.

I don't think I ask for much tbh

• Thumbs Up 2

Yup, much like some, I definitely like to have the SatAM chars in a game, but they’ll have to fit in the game canon (despite how inconsistent it is). I also would want a new Sonic Rush game where we finally see Blaze’s kingdom. I dunno, make the witch, Wendy, the villain for Blaze instead of Nega. I don’t have details of how I want that game....

...unlike the SatAM one. But it’s sketchy.

Plot- Eggman stolen the Master Emerald (because that thing needs to be in a game) in order to power a device that’ll let him control the world’s technology. However he needs to be in a certain area for it to work, and Sally’s kingdom is that spot. So he took it over. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles (alongside Amy and Cream or Sticks) joins forces with Princess Sally, Bunnie, and Nicole (along with Antoine and Rotor) to take back the kingdom.

A side plot has Shadow and Rouge try to capture a man named Snively who taken over Space Colony ARC. 

Its split into two stories; Sonic’s story, and Sally’s story, but when you play Sonic’s side, you also play Shadow’s subplot. Sally for Rouge’s. Once both are completed, the final story is reached.

Snively taken over ARC to modify it into a robotizer satellite, as ordered by a gem he has (maybe a Phantom Ruby or something). He uses Eggman’s device to rearrange the colony by having the gem take over Eggman, turning him into SatAM Robotnik. The colony is destroyed, turning into the Doomsday Project, which really ticks off Shadow. You play as Shadow to fight Robotnik which later he gets handed to him by Robotnik and his devastating mech, until Sonic and Sally finishes him off. (I would like for both of them to go super, but if that stupid rule of only male hedgehogs can do it is in the way, then it’s not possible, unless Sally is in a gold bubble, which is stupid.)

Gameplay- Sonic’s gameplay would be like the fan game “Green Hill Paradise” where you have to work to boost. Though maybe there’s an option where you can boost normally. Sally’s I’m kinda stumped. I’m thinking maybe Werehog gameplay, but more developed where the action is more dynamic, and you have the option of avoiding fights by stealth.

But both Sonic and Sally have the option to choose either Tails and Nicole (Flight) or Knuckles and Bunnie (Power) to go with them each level. These determine how you venture the level and fight enemies, encouraging playback for you to explore levels for red rings. Shadow and Rouge Meanwhile is like they’re speed, flight, and power at once, since they have less levels.

This is a game I thought of for so long though there’s still tweeks I need to work on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Adventure 1 level design

Adventure 2 control

Unleashed like Hub World

A story written by Ian Flynn

Playable characters who are closer to Sonic gameplay but a twist to it just S3&K and Mania

• Nice Smile 1

My ideal Sonic game is Sonic World Adventure style. 

I love how Sonic had transitioned in 2008. It felt like a completely new and innovative way of inventing an F-Zero esque levels while incorporating old school platforming/2D perspective seamlessly without much fault(Generations definitely gets a shout out too but it's too diluted and mixed on what it wants to do). To me, making Sonic about speed like this is the ideal way to create the perfect identity for him. Doesn't mean you can't have a mix of both because I've definitely made my own thoughts on how to showcase the "Unleashed" formula in the best possible way, while still retaining that unique excitement.

Momentum based physics have still been very prominent yet a bit underutilized from the developers not trusting more of Sonic's physical capabilities(this has been the case since Adventure). 

I feel that everyone trying to bring back the "old way of Sonic" is thinking backwards(not so much physics but the idea that Sonic needs to stay similar to what he was many years ago). Every time I see an idea of where 3D sonic can go, it always ends up like a mix of a typical platformer of the 2000's(or indie types) taking too many ideas from them which ends up Sonic feeling only half unique of what he is now. Mario moved on, Zelda moved on and platformers in general have moved on. They aren't the same as today. Sonic is still a platformer at heart. But like always, he is different in his approach and has been since his conception. An arcadey based-obstacle course/speed runner with platforming elements. The boost is just the most natural evolution to his style in my view. 

Either get with the times or fade away.

How the boost is handled can be debated however.

An all-new adventure style game with fun over-the-top action, with multiple playable characters. The story is written by Ian Flynn, it's self-aware like sonic boom but isn't afraid to be a little serious. No returning zones, classic sonic or past bosses. Everything will be brand new.