Awoo.

Female Sonic character tier list(battle strength and skill wise)

Dash Speed

The Elise joke has already been made, so I'll just go ahead with my list.

1. Blaze with all 7 sol emeralds.

2. Blaze (Fast, but like a notch below sonic. Fire is really good.)

3. Amy (Can keep up with sonic, can destroy robots using a plastic hammer, knocked Knuckles into a tree that one time in Generations, can turn invisible for some reason.)

4. Rouge (Kicks really hard, can fly. Probably the best at physical combat.)

5. Wave (Smart, board is really fast.)

6. Zeena (She can make snowmen, I guess.)

7. Cream (Mostly cheese, but by herself she's still pretty fast and decently strong.)

Discounting Boom characters for now.

Oh dear... 

I guess it'd go something like this, with inherent room for variability given this series

1. Mother Wisp
  2. Burning
  3. Dark Queen
  4. Shahra
  5. Blaze
  6. Lara-Su
  7. Bunnie
  8. E-91
  9. Rouge
  10. Shade
  11. Buddy 
  12. Merlina
  13. Zeena
  14. NICOLE
  15. Madonna
  16. Topaz
  17. Amy
  18. Carrotia
  19. Tangle
  20. Lien-Da
  21. Conquering
  22. Dulcy
  23. Katella
  24. Jian
  25. Julie-Su
  26. Nephtys
  27. Sonia
  28. Sonar
  29. Sticks
  30. Mina
  31. Abyss
  32. Mama Robotnik
  33. Lupe
  34. Cream
  35. Blade
  36. Nic
  37. Honey
  38. Hershey
  39. Fiona 
  40. Sally
  41. Regina
  42. Tikal
  43. Bunker
  44. Wave
  45. Opal
  46. Echo
  47. Witchcart
  48. Thunderbolt
  49. Undina
  50. Breezie
  51. Cinder
  52. Marine
  53. Belinda
  54. Gold
  55. Elise
  56. Angelica
  57. Vanilla 
  58. Brenda
  59. Rosie
  60. Coral
  61. Perci
  62. Cosmo
  63. Relic
  64. Maria

I'll have to do another more thorough list sometime assigning them to particular categories and competence levels.

I should also note that there are/were characters I initially included but removed/omitted for the sake of having a nice square number in the end. 

On 9/28/2017 at 9:02 AM, Dash Speed said:

Who comes off at top in powers shown and potentially in the future.

Amy Rose or Blaze or Tikal or even Cream? XD

This can also include Boom and Archie(Minus the Pender Echidnas due to rights).

Oh, you meant in general!

Well shoot.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, Dash Speed said:

Rouge:  has the most adept chaos power adeptness after Sonic, Knuckles Shadow, Tails, Silver and Blaze but like Shadow she can manipulate attacks involving chaos energy.

Uuuh, what are you referencing here?

On 9/28/2017 at 11:44 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

On pure game logic Cream could probably beat them all, with her homing-Cheese, and OP healing skill.

Reveal hidden contents

"Gods" - Burning Blaze, Super Merlina, Mother Wisp, Overclocked Nicole (?)

Powerhouses: Iron Queen, Nicole, Archie Wendy, Phage (?)

Strong Fighters: Blaze, Rouge, Shade, Bunnie, Reboot Sally and Archie Amy, Zeena

Competent Fighter: Preboot Sally, Games Amy, Sticks

Fighters with hard to pinpoint skills: Cream, Wave, Tikal

Pretty much. :lol: 

Of course, the title suggested [somewhat misleadingly] it was in terms of base combat.

On 9/28/2017 at 11:57 AM, VEDJ-F said:

Problem with trying to rank Archie characters is the fact they're now on par with any other extinct medium, so suddenly you've got to consider every other female character that exists in other media. For example, I'm pretty sure Sonia is a stronger resistance fighter than Sally, Cosmo's probably got some weird technicalities about her due to basically having two different forms, and lord knows what the powerset of Tekno is capable of. 

Yeah, seriously.

Ranking game characters alone was one thing, but once you had to consider Archie characters? Whoo!.

Doesn't help that some characters who are powerful are less than impressive when it comes to actual combat. 

On 9/28/2017 at 12:21 PM, Miragnarok said:

For this same reason, soon the Boom cast will fall victim, along with the non-Sonic Team games. So by next year Perci will have to pare up to witchcart. 

Better get ready to make a necklace then.

On 9/28/2017 at 2:25 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Pre-Reboot Elise would pwn all dem noobs. All she has to do is cry and BOOM instant apocalypse.

How ya gonna win when you drown in the lava monster heard round the world? You can't.

Fools!

Ch'yeah. 

Of course, you probably just focus Elise herself since I think Iblis itself is considered male.

On 9/28/2017 at 4:31 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Or should I ignore powers and focus on the hand-to-combat skills alone? That might be unfair, since Blaze whole fighting style is based on burning her opponents.

I'm a tad confused about that as well.

I'd say Blaze would still have a fair chance of winning either way, though.

On 9/28/2017 at 7:53 PM, DanJ86 said:

Can I do an in depth summary of the roster in question? Never mind, I'm doing it anyway...although my Archie knowledge is zero.

That's what I was considering doing as well...and then I saw that Archie was allowed.

8 hours ago, Rowl said:

1. Shahra - technically, but like any other genie, she is bound to the rules of her ring/lamp. Meaning she has all the power in the world, but can not use them for her own wishes.

Oh for fu--another character I forgot about!

7 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

This is Amy erasure

What do you mean?

7 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

S+ - Merlina

S - Amy, Zeena, Shade

A - Blaze

B - Rouge, Wave

C - Cream

No disrespect, but what feats does Amy have that even puts her in the same rank as Blaze let alone above it?

Possibly innate hedgehog super speed up to par sone of the fastest characters, agility and acrobatic skills, an innate, suppressed power that she uses sparingly (although canonically, Rouge beats her when she's upset), the ability to achieve flight or a hover with her spinning hammer and having wind attacks that are commonly given to Flight types, the future predicting and cursing with the Tarot Cards, and the unexplained ability to turn invisible.

Rouge, meanwhile, has had the most relevance in terms of playability as of late, being in Rivals where Amy wasn't, and this gifted Rouge with the power-ups in those games, although Amy has more racing games and sports titles under her belt along with Sonic the Fighters, which gramts her a hyper form like the other characters in that game.

Blaze often recieves hype from being comparable to Sonic, but Sonic has grown since then, and she doesn't have nearly the arsenal that both Amy and Rouge has. 

9 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

No disrespect, but what feats does Amy have that even puts her in the same rank as Blaze let alone above it?

8 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Possibly innate hedgehog super speed up to par sone of the fastest characters, agility and acrobatic skills, an innate, suppressed power that she uses sparingly (although canonically, Rouge beats her when she's upset), the ability to achieve flight or a hover with her spinning hammer and having wind attacks that are commonly given to Flight types, the future predicting and cursing with the Tarot Cards, and the unexplained ability to turn invisible.

Rouge, meanwhile, has had the most relevance in terms of playability as of late, being in Rivals where Amy wasn't, and this gifted Rouge with the power-ups in those games, although Amy has more racing games and sports titles under her belt along with Sonic the Fighters, which gramts her a hyper form like the other characters in that game.

Blaze often recieves hype from being comparable to Sonic, but Sonic has grown since then, and she doesn't have nearly the arsenal that both Amy and Rouge has. 

Amy in particular is such a swiss army knife that it's hard to really take her highest possible level seriously. Particularly since despite all the abilities she pulls out of her ass, she still usually clocks in as a Jack of All Stats on average and/or being a little under Sonic & Knuckles at best; which is still paling in comparison to what at least Shadow and even within reason Blaze can do.

Plus, since the title highlighted strength AND skill, Amy would automatically fall towards the slightly upper middle, depending on how long the list is.

12 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

Blaze has feats? Amy defeated Eggman in Advance 1-3, cracked the hull of a space ship by throwing her hammer, girl bomber being able to push opponents back without having to kick or punch, training to exhaustion, can blow a kiss to make herself stronger and she can run at high speed. I don't count anything Ian Flynn makes and he has this thing with trying to make Amy "grow".      

5 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Blaze has feats? Amy defeated Eggman in Advance 1-3, cracked the hull of a space ship by throwing her hammer, girl bomber being able to push opponents back without having to kick or punch, training to exhaustion, can blow a kiss to make herself stronger and she can run at high speed. I don't count anything Ian Flynn makes and he has this thing with trying to make Amy "grow".      

Blaze is the Princess of another dimension, has defeated Eggman in several games just like Amy, acted as a seal for half of a fire god, has mastery over fire, can also run pretty damn fast, is seemingly capable of dimension travel, and is actually capable of attaining some form of Super state - the only not-hedgehog Modern character to do so, off the top of my head.

That's more to me than "can push enemies back without kicking or punching", because pretty much any character can do that and especially Blaze given the whole fire powers thing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, so now I'm gonna group all of these characters into groups and categories based on their abilities vs. their skills.

1. Wonder: Mother Wisp, Burning Form, Dark Queen
  2. Queen(Strong, Smart, and Powerful): Lara-Su, Tikal(potentially?), Dulcy(potentially?) 
  3. Powerhouse(Strong and Powerful): Blaze, Bunnie, E-91, Zeena(Potentially), Amy, Dulcy, Mama Robotnik, Cinder(potentially?)
  4. Mage(Smart and Powerful): Shahra(potentially?), Merlina, NICOLE, Lien-Da, Cream(potentially), Regina, Witchcart, Thunderbolt(potentially), Marine(potentially), Gold(potentially), Elise(potentially?), Cosmo(potentially)
  5. Trained(Strong and Smart): Rouge, Shade, Buddy, Madonna, Topaz, Conquering, Katella, Jian(potentially), Nephtys, Julie-Su(potentially), Lupe, Nic, Bunker(potentially?),
  6. All-Around(Jill of all Stats or otherwise averages out): Amy(Collectively), Tangle, Lien-Da(in practice), Sonia, Sonar, Sticks, Wave(potentially), Abyss, Honey, Hershey, Fiona(Collectively), Sally(Collectively)
  7. Clever(Smart Gal): Sally, Fiona, Wave(in practice), Breezie, Rosie(potentially), Relic(potentially)
  8. Lovely(One or Two Tricks): Shahra(in practice), Carrotia, Nephtys(Collectively), Mina, Cream(in practice), Regina(in practice), Bunker, Opal, Echo, Witchcart(in practice), Thunderbolt, Undina(potentially?), Cinder, Gold(in practice), Elise(in practice), Vanilla(potentially?), Coral, Perci(Collectively?), Cosmo, Marine(collectively), Belinda(potentially)
  9. Bear(Strong and little else): Zeena, Blade
  10. Normal(Civilian): Undina, Elise, Angelica, Vanilla, Brenda, Rosie, Relic, Maria

And now, here's some general ground rules

• Lovely has the most members because this is the Sonic series. The vast majority of characters has some sort of special ability, even if the female characters tend to be weaker than the males. Additionally, this abilities vary in potency, from a few extra perks to a big game changer.
  • All-Around, like Amy herself, is really for the most eclectic in what it means. These characters abilities, though I tried to simplify them in three attributes, can easily vary in terms of how effective they are in any given situation or portrayal.
  • Three extra subcategories, in practice, collectively, and potentially, are obviously intended for characters who can fit more than one category.
  • Clever characters are essentially those who are smart enough to either come in handy in certain plots or stand any chance of dealing with action situations without being strong themselves.
  • The question marks are there for characters that could either hypothetically reach a certain level beyond what they acceptably are or were implied to become more capable preemptively.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

Blaze is the Princess of another dimension, has defeated Eggman in several games just like Amy, acted as a seal for half of a fire god, has mastery over fire, can also run pretty damn fast, is seemingly capable of dimension travel, and is actually capable of attaining some form of Super state - the only not-hedgehog Modern character to do so, off the top of my head.

That's more to me than "can push enemies back without kicking or punching", because pretty much any character can do that and especially Blaze given the whole fire powers thing. 

When did Blaze defeat Eggman in several games? Only Sol stones can dimension travel and everyone is capable of attaining a super form. Not just anyone can fight with their butt like they can with fire as fire will always burn being able to use common things like a broom or mop for defending yourself is something that I find that to more skillful.   

11 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

When did Blaze defeat Eggman in several games? Only Sol stones can dimension travel and everyone is capable of attaining a super form. Not just anyone can fight with their butt like they can with fire as fire will always burn being able to use common things like a broom or mop for defending yourself is something that I find that to more skillful.   

Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure. If you're counting Amy's playthroughs in Advance as defeating Eggman, I can count Rush. Especially when she specifically goes after Eggman in her story in Rush 1 (Sonic's story is him after Eggman Nega in disguise)

Amy is not capable of attaining a super form, unless you have some evidence to the contrary. 

Using your ass to fight is not more skillful than mastery over an entire element. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/18/2019 at 2:52 AM, Foxthefox1000 said:

Actually, she does have some gadgets. Enhanced senses,

Rouge's senses are honed - not enhanced. There is a difference. She's no different than Espio or even Blaze in that department.

bombs and insane kicks that rival Knuckles' strength as well as are said to be able to slice someone in half?

Knuckles is always listed as being as strong as Sonic is fast. Guess who's speed Blaze's rivals?

Blaze suffers from not being used much in the more combat-focused titles, such as Chronicles and Battle, where the characters all have healing and the ability to shield themselves among others. One of her abilities in Chronicles even pierces defenses, and her intelligence, sleuthing, theiving, and stealth skills are all undeniably above Blaze's.

Fire inherently pieces most defenses. It naturally melts armor and it naturally inhibits targets with burns. It doesn't matter that Blaze missed out on the combat focused entries in the series, the natural capabilities of fire bending give her most of those advantages.

We've seen her use her fire as a shield. We've seen her use it to box people in or keep them away.

,and we're acting like Knuckles wasn't punching everyone in battle with super strength that combusted the very atoms in the air or that Shadow wasn't smacking people with distorted space-time? These are resilient and highly resistant characters. A little explosive flames are nothing they don't casually deal with or even CAUSE with every adventure.

Yes these characters are durable, but that doesn't mean they will just walk through fire. Sonic is as durable as the next guy, and walking into Fire in Sonic Rush always elicits the same result. Getting thrown backwards and causing damage. It will kill him with no rings. The same is true with fire in Sonic 06. Shadow and Rouge both take damage from stepping on lava and the Iblis monsters are living fire monsters and can inflict damage via flamthrower. If rouge has no rings she will die via exposure to fire.

Blaze's flames are not to be taken lightly. A steady stream of fire would do in Rouge without question.

She's got lots of projectiles, intelligence, arguably equal skill in terms of pure H2H even though she's stated to be trained in multiple martial arts, better stealth and ways to disorient Blaze to help her act on this, healing options, an invincibility option, severl speed-enhancing items, is a good manipulator as well, and has more deadly options in general.

If they ever have another combat-based Sonic title with Blaze in it, then I wouldn't doubt that she'd usurp Rouge. But speaking on purely base forms and what they're capable of, Rouge is the most capable and infamously dangerous female in the Sonic universe due to her versatile set of skills and power to match or rival Knuckles.

Well lets throw some more stuff into the equation. Since your in the market of using fringe power-ups and what not from side games, lets not forget Blaze was a power character in Sonic Runners, which means she possesses no small amount of strength. Combined with her Sonic tier speed, that makes her incredibly fearsome. Hits like Knux and moves like Sonic? that sounds busted to me.

Furthermore, you can't just crown Rouge as the most dangerous female in the universe. Blaze and Amy actually have massive feats to her name that Rouge can't compare to in any medium. Blaze and Amy have solo tank'd Armies. Rouge hasn't. Blaze and Amy have taken down threats larger than anything Rouge has ever faced on her own.

Though, granted, Blaze did beat Knuckles, but Knuckles hasn't done much training and isn't likely in too good of a shape nowadays, while Blaze and Rouge consistenly go on missions or train. As I said, it's not an easy decision with a clear victor, but they're both undeniably at the top.

But that same Knuckles did prove to be too much for Rouge in SA2.... and Sonic X (even at a massive disadvantage). So that is a significant counterpoint.

8 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Especially when she specifically goes after Eggman in her story in Rush 1 (Sonic's story is him after Eggman Nega in disguise)

Actually, that's the only game where Nega fully reveals himself to Sonic specifically. He was there working on...whatever it was while Eggman tried and ultimately failed to hold on the Sol Emeralds.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, that's the only game where Nega fully reveals himself to Sonic specifically. He was there working on...whatever it was while Eggman tried and ultimately failed to hold on the Sol Emeralds.

Ah, fair does. Been a while since I played through Rush.

23 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Says Iuzuka--only Hedgehogs, supernatural beings, and certain Mechs are truly capable of Super States.

Blaze is the exception due to using a completely different set of emeralds.

11 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Using your ass to fight is not more skillful than mastery over an entire element. 

:joy: 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Ah, fair does. Been a while since I played through Rush.

To be fair, it's definitely a spectacular style game. And I think you have to start over the file to rewatch cutscenes.

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Furthermore, you can't just crown Rouge as the most dangerous female in the universe. Blaze and Amy actually have massive feats to her name that Rouge can't compare to in any medium. Blaze and Amy have solo tank'd Armies. Rouge hasn't. Blaze and Amy have taken down threats larger than anything Rouge has ever faced on her own.

She faced 3 robots and saved her friend Topaz IN HER OWN . Watch from 17 to 20 , one of the robots having her weakness point , with two robots with attacking her with missiles , but she figure out how to defeat them .

Also in Sega heroes she has one of the strongest max skills that cause massive damage in addition to 2 taunts and her star stile   witch is barrage kicking do high damage too and stole 2 mana .

19 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

She faced 3 robots and saved her friend Topaz IN HER OWN .

LOL

What part of that was supposed to be impressive? Flying Dog is a low tier boss character and those three bots she trashed in X were somewhere between cannon fodder and low-tier boss. Rouge would be expected to win those encounters. 

Rouge's feats pale in comparison across the board.

Amy has beat down the Iron King. A guy whom is invulnerable to everyone else on the planet and who was capable of beating Sonic and Monkey Khan 1 vs. 2

Amy has solo engaged the Badnik horde and forced them into a full retreat. That is thousands if not hundred-of-thousands or Bandniks worth of metal she reduced to scrap on her own.

Blaze has engaged and taken down many much more dangerous Boss level characters on her own. In her base form. Flying Dog is a Flying puppy compared to the Egg King, Ghost Whale or the Ghost Titan.

Blaze has wiped out every fire robot master at once, using fire. 

Rouge has next to no feats where she pulls out impossible odds via direct combat (namely because she is smart enough to not put herself in those situations). She's never stared down an army and won. She'd never solo'd a AAA threat like Iron King. She's never even had to deal with much more than the lowest tier of boss encounters on her own in a fight to the death scenario.

Rouge sneaks on board of Death Eggs. Blaze shoots them out of the sky with Kamehameha's. I know which one I am crowning as the most dangerous.

19 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

Also in Sega heroes she has one of the strongest max skills that cause massive damage in addition to 2 taunts and her star stile   wich is barrage kicking do high damage too .

Using a certain move Blaze is capable of killing Sonic in their deadline boss battle regardless of how many rings he has.

It doesn't matter how much "massive damage" Rouge can do, I don't think she's ever shown the ability to deliver an OTK on a main character. Blaze can.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Rouge's senses are honed - not enhanced. There is a difference. She's no different than Espio or even Blaze in that department.

Knuckles is always listed as being as strong as Sonic is fast. Guess who's speed Blaze's rivals?

Fire inherently pieces most defenses. It naturally melts armor and it naturally inhibits targets with burns. It doesn't matter that Blaze missed out on the combat focused entries in the series, the natural capabilities of fire bending give her most of those advantages.

We've seen her use her fire as a shield. We've seen her use it to box people in or keep them away.

Yes these characters are durable, but that doesn't mean they will just walk through fire. Sonic is as durable as the next guy, and walking into Fire in Sonic Rush always elicits the same result. Getting thrown backwards and causing damage. It will kill him with no rings. The same is true with fire in Sonic 06. Shadow and Rouge both take damage from stepping on lava and the Iblis monsters are living fire monsters and can inflict damage via flamthrower. If rouge has no rings she will die via exposure to fire.

Blaze's flames are not to be taken lightly. A steady stream of fire would do in Rouge without question.

Well lets throw some more stuff into the equation. Since your in the market of using fringe power-ups and what not from side games, lets not forget Blaze was a power character in Sonic Runners, which means she possesses no small amount of strength. Combined with her Sonic tier speed, that makes her incredibly fearsome. Hits like Knux and moves like Sonic? that sounds busted to me.

But that same Knuckles did prove to be too much for Rouge in SA2.... and Sonic X (even at a massive disadvantage). So that is a significant counterpoint.

Lol Sonic X? Not canon, and even then, you label Amy as more impressive when Rouge consistently kicks her butt across ALL mediums. Plus, SA2 had her SLIPPING. Knuckles having to save her doesn't invalidate her own skills and make him better, it just means that she got too reckless.

Wow, Blaze's speed rivals Sonic's? Which characters don't have that or have been shown to be comparable quite often? Also, again, this was an earlier form of Sonic, as he's only kept growing as the series progressed.

Using game mechanics as an argument to completely dismiss my argument because "F-Flames are powerful!!!" Alright. You know what everyone in Chronicles has access to? Elemental Rings, of which one controls water. Can you prove to me that Blaze's flames aren't imnediately gonna be hampered by the use of this ability? Also, no, Blaze's fire has shown no armor piercing abilities. Rouge has an ability that can immediately pierce, meanwhile Blaze's flames, if they even having a proven status effect, would gradually erode the material they're on over time. Immediate usage > can gradually get there. Let's also forget IDW that has Sonic tank a blast of hers and he merely comes out dazed for a bit. That not proof enough that these characters are resistant? I mean, heck, they actively go through treacherous terrains in hot and humid places filled with lava, and again, cause explosions left and right. There's no proof that Blaze's flames are more potent than a Knuckles igniting the atoms in the air with his fists, or that they're any more potent than Tails' bombs or even Rouge's, given all the characters can casually plow through metal robots with ease with basically any attack. Also, that fire monster talk has molten hot monsters the characters can soundly defeat, can't they? Lava =/= Fire. Trying to use that as evidence they can succumb to flames is already asinine.

How does Sonic fight Blaze if these flames are so potent anyways? Are her attacks telegraphed? Sonic's speed was so overwhelming that he was able to avoid her attacks? That doesn't sound convincing toward her having speed on par with Sonic, does it? 

And no, enhanced senses as in, she literally could tell where Espio was even though he's "the most stealthy" in the whole cast. Also, isn't "honed" the ability to use more of it than the normal person by sense of sharpening them? That seems pretty "enhanced" to me, given the definition can also mean "intensify".

And again, we're forgetting about Rouge's other abilities, such as ways to paralyze, projectiles that explode to combat other projectiles, a charm that lowers defenses, her ability to screech and produce wind, as well as the fact that one kick can slice someone in half due to a precise, powerful strike. She also can make a fire shield, can gain immunity to status effects with the Immunity Idol, and has healing options to boot.

We also have to remember that while some characters may be slower on foot, their reaction times are good enough to keep up with faster characters. Also, Rouge has the battlefield control due to having natural flight, meanwhile Blaze merely has levitation, hovering, and limited flight.

But again, like I said, I'm not denying that Blaze is certainly capable, but so is Rouge, as she fights the Ifrit along with everyone else and has to go against Shadow and Tails at times. And speaking of fire, watch the boss fight, as Ifrut sends the players into the sky from a plume of fire. Rouge has experience with pyrokinesis from an all-powerful demon that singlehandedly ruined the world in Silver's future, much like Iblis, and even tanks the plume of fire. Is Blaze's fire more potent than a demon said to be capable of destroying the world? I highly doubt so in her base form.

15 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Lol Sonic X? Not canon, and even then, you label Amy as more impressive when Rouge consistently kicks her butt across ALL mediums. Plus, SA2 had her SLIPPING.

No need to be offensive towards Amy , you nicer words .

Elise did have a shield in one stage of 06, but as far as we know, it was only to prevent you from dying in quicksand. Not sure how good it was defensively. 

However, it did stop Sonic from spinning and running, meaning his primary mode of attack and movement were nullified. 

If it just Elise using her shield on herself, how powerful would it be... 

Raw strength: Amy, Rouge then Blaze.

Skill: Blaze, Rouge, then Amy.

Experience: Rouge, Blaze, then Amy.

What they excel at:

- Rouge: shes extremely intelligent, can manipulate others to do her bidding, has plenty experience conducting missions as a secret agent and is very skilled and talented in the stealth arts, being IMO second only to Espio. Also her kicks can easily rival Knuckles' punches. However, despite her apparent mercenary nature, she is very loyal.

- Amy: despite being somewhat clumsy and a pink girly girl, she is pretty strong physically (enough to knock a powerhouse like Knuckles with just one hand) and is second to no one when it comes to hammering... Like, she hammers REAL good. Also her charm and charisma let's her win over unlikely allies and her strong willed personality projects authority even over characters bigger and stronger than her, like Storm the Albatross. Also, she possess the qualities of a natural leader.

- Blaze: Besides being the only gal that can go super, Blaze is very responsible and serious in regards of her duties as both a princess and as guardian of her very own set of candy colored magical rocks. She is very athletic and elegant, and unlike other characters, she is not afraid to say things as they are, never sugar-coating them. She will not show it openly with her aloof attitude, but deep down that icy outer layer of hers, she as caring as Amy when it comes to protecting their friends.

12 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Lol Sonic X? Not canon, and even then, you label Amy as more impressive when Rouge consistently kicks her butt across ALL mediums. Plus, SA2 had her SLIPPING. Knuckles having to save her doesn't invalidate her own skills and make him better, it just means that she got too reckless.

Sonic X is about as Canon as Sonic Chronicles - which is to say not at all.

You don't get to cherry pick where you get your examples from. I don't see what leg you have to stand on to calling other sources out-of-bounds when 80% of your argument on what Rouge is capable of comes from things that are also decidedly non Canon.

Wow, Blaze's speed rivals Sonic's? Which characters don't have that or have been shown to be comparable quite often? Also, again, this was an earlier form of Sonic, as he's only kept growing as the series progressed.

Tails has super speed too. He's been seen legging it left and right, but no one is mistaking him for being in Sonic's class. The same is true for Knuckles, Rouge and pretty much the entire cast. Mobians all have that base level of speed that comes with he territory. Blaze however has undeniably moved past that stage. She has been spoken about having that Sonic tier of speed. She is has been compared to Sonic in the same breath.

And as for Sonic's growth, there are only a small handful of characters that have on-screen been 100% confirmed to be able to case pace with Sonic at booting speeds. Blaze is one of those few.

Using game mechanics as an argument to completely dismiss my argument because "F-Flames are powerful!!!" 

Fire is hot. Fire is harmful to living things.

Its not so much game mechanics as it is common sense. The fact that Sonic characters take damage from fire and heat in-game is just icing on the cake.

Alright. You know what everyone in Chronicles has access to? Elemental Rings, of which one controls water.

Can you prove to me that Blaze's flames aren't imnediately gonna be hampered by the use of this ability?

Yes.

Blaze's fire works underwater in the games (see Sonic rush.)

Also, no, Blaze's fire has shown no armor piercing abilities.

It's melted bandiks down to slag. Ignoring their outward protections and boiling them inside out. That is a kind of armor piercing.

Unless your packing some kind of fire retardant in your armor, Fire is naturally armor piercing.

Rouge has an ability that can immediately pierce, meanwhile Blaze's flames, if they even having a proven status effect, would gradually erode the material they're on over time. Immediate usage > can gradually get there.

The hotter the flame, the quicker the pierce. Her fire claw and axel tornado chew through metal armor instantaneously in the games and comics.

Unless something pops up with some extremely thick plating - Blaze's fire will chew through it fast enough that the time it takes to do so isn't an issue.

Let's also forget IDW that has Sonic tank a blast of hers and he merely comes out dazed for a bit.

Sonic has tanked a black hole collapsing on itself too. Powerscaling like this is inconsequential.

That not proof enough that these characters are resistant? I mean, heck, they actively go through treacherous terrains in hot and humid places filled with lava, and again, cause explosions left and right. There's no proof that Blaze's flames are more potent than a Knuckles igniting the atoms in the air with his fists, or that they're any more potent than Tails' bombs or even Rouge's, given all the characters can casually plow through metal robots with ease with basically any attack. Also, that fire monster talk has molten hot monsters the characters can soundly defeat, can't they? Lava =/= Fire. Trying to use that as evidence they can succumb to flames is already asinine.

We have evidence in the comics and games that show these characters are not flat out immune to fire damage.

Trying to lead anyone to believe that those same flames can't kill is madness.

How does Sonic fight Blaze if these flames are so potent anyways? Are her attacks telegraphed? Sonic's speed was so overwhelming that he was able to avoid her attacks? That doesn't sound convincing toward her having speed on par with Sonic, does it? 

Blaze gives Sonic all he can handle in their fight at Dead Line.

And no, enhanced senses as in, she literally could tell where Espio was even though he's "the most stealthy" in the whole cast. Also, isn't "honed" the ability to use more of it than the normal person by sense of sharpening them? That seems pretty "enhanced" to me, given the definition can also mean "intensify".

Rouge has the training and skills to use her natural hearing, vision and awareness to their peak capacity. Nothing more nothing less. Blaze is no slouch in that department either.

We also have to remember that while some characters may be slower on foot, their reaction times are good enough to keep up with faster characters. Also, Rouge has the battlefield control due to having natural flight, meanwhile Blaze merely has levitation, hovering, and limited flight.

In this series, I'd say the character with Sonic's speed has more battlefield control than Rouge's flight.

• Thumbs Up 1

That training to use her skills to their peak capability and Rouge's feat of knowing Espio's presence trumps any enhanced senses from other characters, and that's fact. You can't aasume Blaze has senses to the likes of locating Espio in his stealth or cloak, and it's your burden of proof to supply evidence for me, as "training" is vague and there's no direct showings.

I dunno, considering Blaze is scared of heights and the only way to hit her would be flying or shooting projectiles... that seems like a good amount of grounds Rouge can metaphorically stand on to give her an advantage.

Again, more game mechanics to support your argument and the lack of acknowledging my other points. All your arguments boil down to is "she has speed and flames" and like I said, EVERYONE has busted through badniks with little issue even with their weakest attacks? Her flames may harm the characters, but it's simply got NO canon feats putting it above Ifrit's fires that the entire cast of Rivals 2 can tank. And again, fire and flames are something the cast has dealt with before, so what makes Blaze different? They aren't IMMUNE, but they're definitely resistant to some degree. Also, Blaze can also get hurt from fire due to those same game mechanics, so I wouldn't use conflicting things like that. I mean, heck, these are the same characters that can get hurt by running into still enemies or blobs of water.

Tanking a black hole? He reversed the effects with his speed in the Archie comics (I was using IDW, a more grounded source in terms of canon) and then in Colors, he eventually succumbed. Chronicles is non-canon, also? How so? What evidence is there to base this off of? Can I get a direct quote from Izuka, because last I checked, the canon is already a big mess and It's in a questionable or pending state. It's definitely more in-line with the Main series than Pre-Gen Archie.

Also, fire can burn underwater, actually, so long as a chemical reaction is constantly taking place. However, magical water rings should logically dispel magical fire hands. There's also the "subzero" ice attacks, earth attacks, and "hurricane" wind attacks from the Rings.

This is the last I'll be debating this with you, as I can already sense a recurring theme that I don't feel like constantly having to deal with. And as I've said, I believe it's still a good battle between her, Amy, and Blaze, and I'm mainly putting forth arguments on Rouge's behalf due to a lot of people considering her the least impressive.