Awoo.

Terriful Takes Back the World - TBA 2019

Betz

WHOA?! What's this?!

Official_2_1.thumb.png.0b064b1d744398ca07a17ca9939f5e91.png

Yeah? But what IS it?

Well I'm glad you asked generic passerby. This is a new 2D original game that I have in development with my newly-formed team (of about 30 people), Max Level Studios ! AND! It's based off of my still-in-development comic series, (Yes that's still a thing. Promise. No, I'm not trying to rush multiple things out.) Terriful!

What's it about?

The plot isn't revealed yet, but as you can tell from the title, it involves something happening to the world that Terriful must undo.

Yeah. Not interes-

Here's a screenshot and some W.I.P. music of our first level so far!

(very W.I.P.)

That's alright I guess. Maybe I'll give it an eye.

Well, it just so happens, we have a contest going on right now. I thought I'd throw it here too. If you feel it your heart, design an NPC (anthro or human) and create a "task" that our friend Terriful must embark on and the best two will be featured in the game and receive a $10 Google Play Card.

Whatever.

Feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

• Thumbs Up 3

so on my count there are 3 members that have stated the wanted to or were making a game now. i think you might be the first one to announce it via SSMB!

sounds like a pretty cool idea. at some point you should probably show this to a news site like kotaku or destructoid so it can get some attention.

what platforms are you making it for?

1 hour ago, booblur98 said:

so on my count there are 3 members that have stated the wanted to or were making a game now. i think you might be the first one to announce it via SSMB!

sounds like a pretty cool idea. at some point you should probably show this to a news site like kotaku or destructoid so it can get some attention.

what platforms are you making it for?

Thanks man! Once we get further into development, ill send it to places like kotaku and IGN. 

Right now its for PC and Android while were eyeing an Xbox release if we can get funds in.

ah, i see.

PC and android, huh? you don't really see any 2D action games of this caliber on mobile devices.

14 minutes ago, booblur98 said:

ah, i see.

PC and android, huh? you don't really see any 2D action games of this caliber on mobile devices.

Yeah. I'm kinda looking at other games and seeing what they don't do, then doing that. Like I always thought Mania would be fun to play on phone. But nah.

i recommend having android controller support, along with touch control.

i hope one of the computers i can use can run this game. (they both aren't that great)

also, do you have any inspirations? the game i want to make is inspired by things like super mario bros. and mega man.

34 minutes ago, booblur98 said:

i recommend having android controller support, along with touch control.

i hope one of the computers i can use can run this game. (they both aren't that great)

also, do you have any inspirations? the game i want to make is inspired by things like super mario bros. and mega man.

I'll throw those ideas to the devs.

Idk. Sprite games are usually easier on computers.

Inspirations are, Megaman X, Spark the Electric Jester, Tough Coded, and Sonic of course.

Good luck with your project. The screenshot's art style reminds me of Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls, a game I played recently and enjoyed a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, this was dead since... October... Anyhow, progress on the game is still going (I am a beta tester for the game if you are wondering) We are still hopping for a 2019 Release.

Our main focus right now is on PC and we made the game kinda better since the last screenshot of the game in action, I dunno when will @Terriful goes back to here to show more stuff, but trust me, Terriful Takes Back the World is going to be big!

Edited by TheMarioAmigos
The tag didn’t work
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATE:

Things are moving along. Anticipating Fall 2019 release if we can. Some of y'all should recognize the villain. We'll have more footage and stuff after the first of the year. As Aaron Webber says, Stay tuned!

TTBTW Banner.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since I don't want to find my old comics thread I made, I'mma just use this one.

alrighty.thumb.png.c60d91e9e99c5af758622fa5d5969f66.png

I wonder what's happening in April?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Terriful said:

I wonder what's happening in April?

springtime, rain, flowers, sun, kirby maybe, blueblur98 appreciation day...

oooooooh you're talking about your game

just kidding, hope that reveal in april is cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

that looks really neat!

i'd suggest changing the drowning effect (?) to an air meter, as the flashing black light could cause some problems.