Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Chemical Plant is back

MudHunter

Fucking Egg Fleet in the background yes that looks gorgeous. 

I'm honestly a bit eh for Chemical Plant returning again but considering this is the same place but in a bad future-ish version of it, I can deal with it. It looks appealing to my eyes at least. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

I totally called Chemical Plant coming back as a Robotropolis-esque wasteland.

Also, is that the EGG FLEET?! 

• Thumbs Up 4

I think it looks okay, and I think they've done a reasonable job at varying it a little from the source material, but I still wonder how much of their creativity and artistic direction was constrained by the fact that "We need chemical plant back again". I'm still not happy at using Generations' stage roster, regardless of whatever variations they apply to the zones. Coupled with Mania's zone roster, there just isn't a good enough excuse for this void of new ideas.

Oh cool, Chemical Pant... Woopee.

Look, I already got tired of it when it was announced for Mania, so of course I'm not impressed.

Also if the drill wispon is just a boost I swear to fucking god.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Oh cool, Chemical Pant... Woopee.

Look, I already got tired of it when it was announced for Mania, so of course I'm not impressed.

There were White Wispons shown already from story trailer.

Nothing new since it was mentioned already, but I must say that it looks bad.

It looks enough like CPZ to feel like a rehash and an unnecessary pandering, but it's missing some key components that make it looks worse, for the sake of it being "revisited".

Where are the tubes with chemicals that bring some colour to the mix? Where's the pink water? I just see some oil, a single blue tube and random metallic structures.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

Also, more bad 2D, straight lines, rows of robots waiting to be killed, single floating pathways, 3D hallway.

But hey "the later stages are going to be better, it's just the first stage!!!!!!!!!".

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Why does everyone keep talking about Egg Fleet is Eggman not allowed to have airships without everyone losing their minds.

I thought any fleet Eggman had would be considered the Egg Fleet, seeing as people call the one in Unleashed a ''Egg Fleet'' too. It's not THE Egg Fleet from Heroes, but it's A Egg Fleet. Which if we're lucky will turn into a stage, which is what people are hoping for.

It's the same deal with the Death Egg Robots. They're not the robot from the Death Egg, it's just a name for that specific type of Robot.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

I already played the definitive version of Chemical Plant a couple of months ago when Mania came out. Don't need more Forces disappointment please, SEGA.

Also, I wonder how much the music will suck. They aren't paying royalties to use the original GHZ theme, so I doubt they're going to bother with CPZ either.

• Thumbs Up 9

If the Egg Fleet level from Heroes actually makes a return then I'll be pretty fine with that. Was always one of my favorite levels from Heroes thanks to epicly hype music playing for such a cool mission objective. 

Had a feeling Chemical Plant would return thanks to early dialogue from characters, and it's true. Tired of Chemical Plant now, but to give some credit where credit is due, I think the darkness of it kinda fits with Forces whole theme. Can't say I'm all that excited to play through the level for multiple reasons, but can say at the very least I'm interested as to what is happening in the story at this particular moment.

• Thumbs Up 6

If they were going to make all-new assets anyway, why did they make them for a level they'd already remade a couple of years before?

Seriously, it's Generations 2. Which don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just come on Sega. Give me something new.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh, Chemical Plant? If you have to bring back levels, at least stop bringing back ones that were already in Generations (and Mania). I was hoping Silver saying leave Chemical Plant to him meant it wouldn't be an actual level. At least visually it looks more changed than it did in Mania. Kind of reminds me of Oil Desert.

21 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

It looks more like it could be a thrust attack so like a lance.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Ugh, Chemical Plant? If you have to bring back levels, at least stop bringing back ones that were already in Generations (and Mania). I was hoping Silver saying leave Chemical Plant to him meant it wouldn't be an actual level. At least visually it looks more changed than it did in Mania. Kind of reminds me of Oil Desert.

That's what I thought if there was a Episode Silver that he would have Chemical Plant, but looks like that's a no.

OK, so there's a lot to unpack here

39 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

1st image: I just wanted to note that far in the back there you can see the green numbered rings that were in Lost World. I presume they work the same here as they did in that game.

2nd image: If you notice, the rail that the Avatar is grinding on comes from a darker area inside the factory. The lighting in this screenshot is also brighter. That makes me think we will be weaving in and out of the factory, and that the inside of the factory will be darker than the outside.

3rd image: This picture is quite interesting also. People have already noticed airships in the background. Zooming in on it shows that it's not any type of airship we've previously seen, but it could be an indication that we will have a level similar to Egg Fleet. Also, if you look at the signpost there, it's clear that right after you land, this becomes a 2D section. That explains why the path looks so flat in that screenshot. There are also Dash Panels right next to the checkpoint, which look to dash you up that ramp into another section.

4th image: Nothing much I can say here. This seems to also be a part of the 2D section that we saw in the previous screenshot. There is a vat of blue goo in the background. But that's really all I've got.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think the worst part about this being back is the fact there's near no way they're topping the modern CPZ remix in Gens and especially Act 2's music in Mania.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I think the worst part about this being back is the fact there's near no way they're topping the modern CPZ remix in Gens and especially Act 2's music in Mania.

well I don't think they're gonna even attempt to since they'll probably make a new original track like they did for GHZ

• Thumbs Up 1

This is nice and all, but if they're going to keep bringing back old levels, remixed or not, why don't they use levels that haven't been used twice already? It's like they're trying to one-up themselves at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2