Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Chemical Plant is back

MudHunter

This actually looks nice and different.

That is, untill they reveal some gameplay.

BTW, did Aaron just made a Gurren Lagann reference?

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

-WE'RE SONIC HEROES!

• Thumbs Up 1

At first I was really not enthused about this coming back yet again, but then these screenshots came out and wow I'm excited. This game has been treating returning levels like areas that exist in Sonic's universe rather than stages that exist in a vacuum. Here we see Chemical Plant all filthy and stagnant, complemented by a moody, overcast sky. Also does anyone else get Egg Carrier vibes from this? Because holy shit I sure do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The ships in the background look more like the ships from unleashed. I feel I need some footage before i can judge this stage.

Just now, Soniman said:

Man I wanna smack Iizuka for pulling that "this is not Generaations 2" horse shit"

Like if youre gonna use returning levels can you...NOT re-use levels that YOU ALREADY BROUGHT BACK FROM GENERATIONS. USE OTHER LEVELS THAT WERENT FEATURED IN GENS, AND FOR THAT MATTER, JUST FEATURED IN SONIC MANIA. 

I really hate what this franchise is becomming where they're to lazy andscaared to think of new ideas so they just re-iterate old ones until the end of time, fucking get your head out of your ass and start thinking of creative concepts again. Sonic Colors showed you're more then capable of this, where did that Sonic Team go?

Actually, I'm pretty sure CPZ was done in forces before it was made in Mania since it started development earlier.

They wouldn't cut down an entire stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Sonic Colors showed you're more then capable of this, where did that Sonic Team go?

Back to the dungeon below SEGA headquarters when Sonic Lost World was announced. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

Just now, Diamond Dragon X said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure CPZ was done in forces before it was made in Mania since it started development earlier.

They wouldn't cut down an entire stage.

Dont care, two main Sonic games releasing the same year should not be sporting the same damn re-used level

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Dont care, two main Sonic games releasing the same year should not be sporting the same damn re-used level

Blame Mania then.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Forces was being sold as a "completely new experience".

Wut.

The only piece related to this I've heard is the "Absolutely not Generations 2" remark that Iizuka made that, well, you know...

And I mean come on, since Generations that this series has been extremely lacking in the originality department. I love Mania as much as anybody else, but I would have rather, you know, have preferred more than 4 god damned new stages in that game. 

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

How about we blame the game that is actually bad at what it does ;)?

But that's not what this is about.

People are saying it was also done by Mania, when it should be reversed.

"Why is CPZ in Mania if Generations did it first and Forces made the level before?"

• Nice Smile 1

22 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Man I wanna smack Iizuka for pulling that "this is not Generaations 2" horse shit

Like if youre gonna use returning levels can you...NOT re-use levels that YOU ALREADY BROUGHT BACK FROM GENERATIONS. USE OTHER LEVELS THAT WERENT FEATURED IN GENS, AND FOR THAT MATTER, JUST FEATURED IN SONIC MANIA. 

I really hate what this franchise is becomming where they're to lazy and scared to think of new ideas so they just re-iterate old ones until the end of time, fucking get your head out of your ass and start thinking of creative concepts again. Sonic Colors showed you're more then capable of this, where did that Sonic Team go?

Ugh, well CP looks whatever I guess, not the worse new look for it. Gotta wonder though why on earth it would be in disrepair, this isnt a Green Hill situaaation where its dyding due to Eggman, CP should be THRIVING in this Eggman controlled world so whats the deal?

We have an equal number of new to old levels ATM. Ah, pickled fish lips, I think it's time to get used to these two being recurring locales in the series. Remember when Angel Island was recurring? I hope they manage to do it as good as that. (Oh wait, it did return in Mania) 

• Nice Smile 1

Man, this version of Chemical Plant just looks so... dull. Where are the vibrant colours? Why is the sky nowhere near as interesting? WHY IS IT NOT COVERED IN ICE?!

You'd think that Eggman - freaking EGGMAN - taking over the world would yield more distinct visuals. But instead, it's all kinda... boring to look at.

Oh, and the Drill Wisp seems to be a dash attack. I guess it'll get a lot of use in 2D segments, but some '3D' areas might be more difficult/tedious with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Well, I'm actually not as mad as I thought I would be to see Chemical Plant coming back, but that's probably due to me just waking up from bed lol. 

It's too bad Silver didn't mean the team would handle it themselves..

Normally, I'd tell everyone to not freak out and assume Sky Santucary is back...but then again...Speed Battle.

Not really seeing the fuss about the Chemical Plant aesthetics though, like you guys are forgetting this is supposed to be a war themed game with a more serious approach, if it was all vibrant and colorful it would've just looked the same as Gens.

Speaking of which, I'm getting really sick of this whole Generations 2 fiasco.

I joked in the statuses the other day that Chemical Plant would be playable in Forces and will be called "Chemical Burns".

Image result for well there we are gif

XP

The fact that CP keeps being reused is starting to become almost as annoying as seeing GH again and again.

Yes the screenshots look nice, but since the gameplay is just bleh...then I can't get excited for it. 

I personally rate Chemical Plant as one of my favorite stages in Gen. I get the feeling it won't be anywhere near as interesting in Forces.

If any of the other Gens stages return in Forces then someone kindly nuke Sonic Team from orbit XP

So it’s Chemical Plant...but uglier? Greaaaaat.

It’s got a weird Oil Desert vibe from S4E2. I don’t know why this needed to be a thing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hard to be surprised by this when it's been hinted at since E3--Knuckles's dialogue during the avatar's GHZ and elements of  the chemical plant being directly incorporated into the level. On one hand, it's disappointing. This is the third time in the same decade we've seen levels like Green Hill and Chemical Plant, and it's tiring to see them continually shoved down our throats, regardless of what they do with them. On the other hand, something I think I can appreciate Forces for (assuming this is the intention) is, unlike Generations, it feels like they're trying to make sense of Sonic's world and actually thread different settings together in a way that's kind of choesive that the setting hasn't really had for a while. And I like how parts of the level just look really rusty like it's been sitting there for years.

Eh, I dunno. It's hard for me to be upset when I saw it coming months ago, even if it's stupid to recycle it yet again. I'm hoping we get to eventually launch up to the fleet that's hovering overhead though, that'd be pretty cool.