Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Chemical Plant is back

MudHunter

4 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

You guys are killjoys.

Like, you're literally destroying any small kind of hope I have for this game. To the point I may have to turn my brain off to enjoy Forces.

If the argument against this game is that strong for you, maybe you want to consider not buying the game?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Honestly, I couldn't really tell this new level was chemical plant. Aside from the yellow path tracks, I'm not getting anything visually indicative. 

But aside from that, it looks dumpy...not interesting. No stimulation.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I am aware Forces does many of those same things, but the thing is that it does some of those things better (old foes returning, additional playstyles), and others worse (classic sonic). And really, other than the old villains coming back, the two are only really tied in heir basic gameplay premise. Mania, meanwhile, has actual sections and direct nods to Generations. And more my point is that Forces has an even ratio of old to new levels ATM, while Mania is focused on old stages.

Umm..what? Where are these nods to Gens? And what? Forces multiple styles looks bad to a lot of us.

So Gamereactor have done an interview with Nakamura about the game. They also talked a little bit about Chemical Plant and how it's... frozen over. Huh. I guess someone got what they wanted lol.

• Thumbs Up 6

13 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

You guys are killjoys.

Like, you're literally destroying any small kind of hope I have for this game. To the point I may have to turn my brain off to enjoy Forces.

Its been like this with literraly ever new piece of information this game gives us, every single time. If you havent gotten used to it by now idk what to say.

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Umm..what? Where are these nods to Gens? And what? Forces multiple styles looks bad to a lot of us.

To Gens, there's the GHZ underground area and he wanted posters, plus the unlockable abilities. And the Death Egg Robo being the first boss. And  Generations is defeated by Forces in variety and the fact we have a playstyle without Sonic.

15 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

You guys are killjoys.

Man imagine how much of my joy Sonic Team has killed to get me to this point.

2 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

So Gamereactor have done an interview with Nakamura about the game. They also talked a little bit about Chemical Plant and how it's... frozen over. Huh. I guess someone got what they wanted lol.

Wait, seriously? This is supposed to be frozen over?

...what's even frozen? Is that supposed to be frost on like, two background objects? This looks like it matters even less than the sand in GHZ...

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Diogenes said:

...what's even frozen? Is that supposed to be frost on like, two background objects? This looks like it matters even less than the sand in GHZ...

There's like 4 screenshots of the stage revealed and you already act like it's barely gonna appear.

Maybe the ice is in the second half of the level.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Diamond Dragon X said:

There's like 4 screenshots of the stage revealed and you already act like it's barely gonna appear.

I've got no reason to think otherwise.

Just now, Diamond Dragon X said:

Maybe the ice is in the second half of the level.

Maybe if they're going to add an ice gimmick they should actually use it throughout the level.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't really have a problem with CP (aesthetically speaking). The HD update on the buildings look really rad. I'll wait for gameplay footage to see how it really looks since artwork sometimes tends to use darker shading. Maybe the 1% unconquered Eggman area will  be more colorful.

At this point Forces is wholly subjective. Is it a risk with the Avatar and more serious narrative or is it just nostalgia pandering? So many ways to interpret it but the amount of hate it gets to the point where mentioning anything positive is ridiculed is depressing.

As for the "Generations 2" debacle, well there are new levels, more emphasis on an actual story, and the side characters are not cheerleaders, so an upgrade I guess...?

If Egg Fleet is returning, I really hope Final Fortress sneaks in somehow.

The best thing about that Tweet is the Gurren Lagann reference. Well, at least the Drill Wispon looks cool.

Wait... They actually are doing the whole frozen Chemical Plant idea? Heheh that's funny... I would say that I now have to eat my words because of when I said they should had done that idea instead... But sadly it's another neat zone theme concept horribly executed by Sonic Team. Where is all the ice/snow? They should had just mixed more of a Ice Cap zone theme with it to give it a fun visual theme going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

CP doesn't really look frozen seeing how I don't see any...well ice or snow.

Are only the chemical containers frozen or it is just implying that's really cold and damp?

This game is weird lol.

27 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

If the argument against this game is that strong for you, maybe you want to consider not buying the game?

Ew, now we are trying to convince people not to buy the games. New low for Sonic fans.

• Promotion 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

There's nothing low about saying that someone shouldn't buy a game if they don't think they'll enjoy it.

Yeah and we've been doing that for ages anyways. When Sonic ROL came out a great many fans suggested other fans to avoid it.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

There's nothing low about saying that someone shouldn't buy a game if they don't think they'll enjoy it.

But in this case, this user wanted to enjoy the game, he is just demoralized by all the cynical comments that destroy the hype.

3 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Yeah and we've been doing that for ages anyways. When Sonic ROL came out a great many fans suggested other fans to avoid it.

I'm fairness, being on the Wii U exclusively meant that most people were going to avoid it whether they wanted to or not.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 4

7 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Ew, now we are trying to convince people not to buy the games. New low for Sonic fans.

.... .... They have just posted that they probably won't enjoy Forces unless they turn their brain off.

Why on earth would you buy something you know you will not enjoy? Especially if your intention is to buy it day 1? 

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Mayor D said:

.... .... They have just posted that they probably won't enjoy Forces unless they turn their brain off.

Why on earth would you buy something you know you will not enjoy? Especially if your intention is to buy it day 1? 

But in this case, this user wanted to enjoy the game, he is just demoralized by all the cynical comments that destroy the hype.

If your enjoyment of the game is so fragile that you can't handle other people criticizing it maybe you don't actually enjoy the game all that much in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

It's called criticism.

If you don't like it put forward the counter argument as to why you think the game is great.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

It's called criticism.

If you don't like it put forward the counter argument as to why you think the game is great.

Criticism is one thing, being cynical, snarky and a killjoy about everything is way different. Most people have a beef with the game because of its choices.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Stop criticizing the criticism of critical critics for criticizing the critical cynicism of cynical critical cynic critics.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3