Awoo.

Sonic Advance: Revamped

goku262002

tumblr_owwssivOfN1w5ueiao1_1280.png

Sucks that no one is talking about SAGE this year, theirs more games then just Sonic 2 HD.

Like this one, Sonic Advance Revamped! the goal is simple, SADV1 but remastered and new features. I tried it for a bit, feels good only thing I don't like is that the camera feels too zoomed out but I see allot of potential here.

Heres a video for those curious:

I've always wanted to see a project like this done, seeing as the advance series is on a dead handheld and doomed to live on nintendo's eshops on their whim. bringing it to PC without the use of emulators is probably the be the best solution (that and unlike genesis rom modding, GBA rom modding is nonexistant).

The creator is Alex Brunetto and you can check out the project's tumblr page here if you want to give him feedback or support:
https://sonicadvancerevamped.tumblr.com/

I'm done, lets discuss.

• Thumbs Up 8

44 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

I tried it for a bit, feels good only thing I don't like is that the camera feels too zoomed out but I see allot of potential here.

I find it surprising you'd say that, watching the footage I would say the zoomed out camera is one of the biggest advantages of rebuilding the game from scratch.  Looks great to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I find it surprising you'd say that, watching the footage I would say the zoomed out camera is one of the biggest advantages of rebuilding the game from scratch.  Looks great to me.

I think rezooming it to something like Mania or the mobile remasters has is a fine balance, the genesis and GBA games both had flaws with screencrunch but to me SADVR is too zoomed out like a little bit more and it would look like one of those cheap flash/game maker sonic games that tries to fit the entire stage in 1 camera shot. you need to have the characters still be the focus but have enough room to see whats ahead of or around you, and Taxman did that fine. mimic that and I wouldn't have issues.

• Thumbs Up 6

Looks and plays great, which is surprising considering most Sonic Worlds games that I've tried aren't my cup of tea. Looking forward to the full version, though I do wish they had act 2 of NGHZ to round out this demo a little better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to agree that the camera is to far zoomed out... gives a kinda cheap look... roughly somewhere between 10% up to 20% more zoomed in would be nice. My last nitpick is I prefer the item capsule design over the item monitors? used here. Otherwise I think the rest of the game so far looks good enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty happy that this exists, as Sonic Advance was a pretty big part of my childhood. I downloaded the demo, and I'll be watching with interest for the full release when it eventually arrives.

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

My last nitpick is I prefer the item capsule design over the item monitors? used here.

596f68bcedcdaf5de3664304d73b0fd2.png

Huh. I hadn't even noticed the design was so different from the original Advance. While I love the capsule design, I don't mind this--it looks like the classic monitor but with the capsule colour scheme. ...Now that I think about it, it reminds me of their design in Heroes, since it almost looks like there's a screen on the side there?

Anyway, this was one of my favourite games at SAGE this year. Really excited for the "official" Demo 2 (this version of it was specifically for SAGE, which was why there was only one level like the first demo)!

• Thumbs Up 1

Advance Game with even more accurate physics...well that's just great.

With springs acting like modern games, weird lookin' monitors...and a new character.

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Advance Game with even more accurate physics...well that's just great.

With springs acting like modern games, weird lookin' monitors...and a new character.

Okay so, whats your point exactly?