Forces story revealed?

Eternal EX

13 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

oohH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS

tumblr_inline_njrusf6R4y1t78cky.gif

HE DOESNT KNOW THE AVATAR YET THO

THERES

THERES STILL HOPE

(pls Nakamura I'm begging you, not like this ;n;)

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

tumblr_inline_njrusf6R4y1t78cky.gif

HE DOESNT KNOW THE AVATAR YET THO

THERES

THERES STILL HOPE

(pls Nakamura I'm begging you, not like this ;n;)

"I know you have been afraid before"

"There is no emptiness to feel inside"

"Only scars remain of who I was"

"this pain persists, I can't resist"

ldh0hPT.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait does this suggest that Infinite and Avatar are...one and the same person? Is that why everyone is freaking out? O_o

5 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

"I know you have been afraid before"

"There is no emptiness to feel inside"

"Only scars remain of who I was"

"this pain persists, I can't resist"

ldh0hPT.gif

NO

HE'S GONE UP AGAINST BETTER JUST TAKE A LOOK AT HIS FACE

HES GONE UP AGAINST BETTER JUST TAKE A LOOK AT HIS FACE 

Spoiler

I can't believe literal fanfiction is happening right in front of our eyes, lmao

Farewell, awesome Tyson Hesse Sonic drawing, I knew you well ;N;

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

I can't believe literal fanfiction is happening right in front of our eyes, lmao

Have...have you been paying attention to this game all year

• Chuckle 1

54 minutes ago, Josh said:

Have...have you been paying attention to this game all year

Yes, lmao, it's the conclusion everyone jumped to and one I fully expected when it was revealed due to how fanfiction-y the rest of the premise of the character was. It's just I wanted to have faith that the execution would be more interesting than something as obviously bad fanfiction-ish as that, and thought there was enough evidence to prove the contrary

Even the scene people immediately jumped to in terms of "that's a fist bump! He knows him!" was actually just a part of a fight scene we probably have half of the cutscenes for

ukuQr57.gif

7PFtQhQ.gif

sfZykam.gif

*it may not be visible if the gifs are choppy, but the avatar has some recoil before getting into that stance, meaning he was probably hit*

YgwLaPP.gif

*infinite's rising into the air and activating his Ruby rather than just making a hand wave, and also came out of a punch-to-the-gut stance*

• Thumbs Up 1

lmao wait so sky sanctuary really is in Forces 

when did Sonic fucking become new super mario brothers ffs 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4

Nakamura: I want you to have thoughts like "Why!?" While you're playing.

Oh, I'm sure many of us will be having those thoughts, but not for the desired reason. :unsure:

14 hours ago, Jango said:

DJi5IXBWAAAf1vs.jpg

hm.

I'm... a bit late to this discussion. (Insert "You're too SLOOOOOOW" taunts here I guess)

That whole prototype bit. I WAS wondering what was in all those tubes and containers in the story trailer. At first I was like "Whoa, there's infinite Infinites?" because, well, I'm kinda dumb, but having a bunch of prototypes makes a bit more sense.

Protoceratypes.png

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

Yes, lmao, it's the conclusion everyone jumped to and one I fully expected when it was revealed due to how fanfiction-y the rest of the premise of the character was. It's just I wanted to have faith that the execution would be more interesting than something as obviously bad fanfiction-ish as that, and thought there was enough evidence to prove the contrary

Even the scene people immediately jumped to in terms of "that's a fist bump! He knows him!" was actually just a part of a fight scene we probably have half of the cutscenes for

ukuQr57.gif

7PFtQhQ.gif

sfZykam.gif

*it may not be visible if the gifs are choppy, but the avatar has some recoil before getting into that stance, meaning he was probably hit*

YgwLaPP.gif

*infinite's rising into the air and activating his Ruby rather than just making a hand wave, and also came out of a punch-to-the-gut stance*

I swear those stages look like metallic madness good future.

9 hours ago, Jango said:

After this, Eggman starts to take over the world, and Sonic's friends are all scared shitless because Sonic didn't showed up. They run and hide. When they decide to form the resistance, it's already too late. The avatar steps up and go on a mission to find and join the resistance.

Reading this it sounds like the employees of Good Burger who can't do jack shit without Ed because he's the only one who knows how to work the cash register.

With all those characters they expect us to believe they're helpless without Sonic? Uh, Bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Alright everyone's still following this "rumor" for reference apparently, so explain to me this: How does Eggman, before Classic Sonic appears and the Ruby itself debuts alongside him...

A: Know about a Phantom Ruby and how it works?

B: Call it a prototype if he doesn't know a finished version even exists?

Or C: emulate it's powers of reality altering and teleportation without having the original at hand to draw them from?

There's no real reason to believe the prototype angle, this early on in the story specifically at least, is the actual case outside of this constantly evolving rumor. So how does it make logical sense in the story in the first place? In what way can this angle possibly make any sense?

Why on earth isn't it just the Ruby itself that he uses, like he always has???

guys this needs to be addressed for the rumor to hold up in the first place >:v 

While my stance on the rumour is ambivalent, I'm happy to take a crack at these:

A: Because he encountered and used the Phantom Ruby in Sonic Mania.  I deny that Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are from different dimensions, universes, or timelines.

B: He created the prototype himself in imitation of the original, which he could no longer access.

C: He had seen the original in action and had a very long time to work on the problem.

A Phantom Ruby Prototype or Prototypes are absolutely confirmed by Speed Battle, so there can be no debate on their existence; merely their history and characteristics.

I would, however, like to adduce the following:

5 hours ago, Woun said:

This information conflicts with the second line quoted from Jango's leaked story:

20 hours ago, Jango said:

Yes, Classic Sonic brought the Ruby from the Mania dimension. With its power, Eggman "creates" Infinite (apparently, Infinite was inside the Ruby this whole time, he is basically the Ruby)

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, FFWF said:

This information conflicts with the second line quoted from Jango's leaked story:

Perhaps the Ruby is using the character as a host body, rather than corrupting their mind? That would work somewhat with both sources.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

I can't confirm this part.

The person that gave me all this info got it from one of the game's presentation to the team. The playthrough they were shown only got too far into the story mode, so maybe there's a lot about Infinite that we don't know yet. What he could gather is that Infinite is basically one with the Ruby, as if the Ruby's consciousness. 

I can say at least that Blaze isn't in the game, at least not during the beginning of it. Sorry Blaze fans.

What does the term "fanfictiony" even mean anymore? Seriously, a citizen gets turned into Infinite and we learn that it's the Avatar's former friend. What about that - or any of this, really - rubs people the wrong way? 

What I'm seeing unfolding is the first story since E-101 Gamma that I can actually invest myself in and take seriously. Something could always come along and ruin that but it hasn't happened yet. 

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, GUN Commander said:

I'm... a bit late to this discussion. (Insert "You're too SLOOOOOOW" taunts here I guess)

That whole prototype bit. I WAS wondering what was in all those tubes and containers in the story trailer. At first I was like "Whoa, there's infinite Infinites?" because, well, I'm kinda dumb, but having a bunch of prototypes makes a bit more sense.

Protoceratypes.png

Possible Biolizard-like concealed antagonist? And about the above detail, as long as the keep making them playable via extra stuff and keeping them decent in the comics and shows, I don’t really care if this series’s side cast becomes more like that of Dizzy. Dizzy had the helpless rest of the Yolkfolk to protect.

On 5.10.2017 at 4:55 PM, The Deleter said:

Alright everyone's still following this "rumor" for reference apparently, so explain to me this: How does Eggman, before Classic Sonic appears and the Ruby itself debuts alongside him...

A: Know about a Phantom Ruby and how it works?

B: Call it a prototype if he doesn't know a finished version even exists?

Or C: emulate it's powers of reality altering and teleportation without having the original at hand to draw them from?

There's no real reason to believe the prototype angle, this early on in the story specifically at least, is the actual case outside of this constantly evolving rumor. So how does it make logical sense in the story in the first place? In what way can this angle possibly make any sense?

Why on earth isn't it just the Ruby itself that he uses, like he always has???

guys this needs to be addressed for the rumor to hold up in the first place >:v 

Pure speculation, but Mania Eggman could have overused the powers of the Phantom Ruby to the point that it effected the entire multiverse. Forces Eggman picks up some strange readings and, after fruitless attempts to locate the source, conducts some experiments leading to the creation of a prototype. While it's able to emulate the properties, it's deeply flawed in some way (it cannot be controlled, it takes too much energy to power it on, etc.), so when the real deal is in reach, he puts his main focus on obtaining the original.

Well, since no one has posted it yet:

This mean's part of Larry's information is wrong, or something changed in development, ala Sonic Wars becoming Sonic Forces, or Buddy becoming Partner/Rookie, but...

On 10/4/2017 at 9:01 PM, Jango said:

It's true. The avatar is the first character you'll play as, according to my source, although I'm pretty sure this was already confirmed long ago. Secondly is Classic Sonic in Green Hill. The resistance has "spot" Sonic running there, and Tails decides to go check it out, this is when both meet. Eggman goes there too. They fight, Eggman threatens them, nabs the Phantom Ruby, goes back to lab, and "creates" Infinite.

Modern Sonic is rescued early on, not mid game.

:eyes:

• Thumbs Up 6

This game is also "not Generations 2!".

I'm not forcing anyone to believe me, you do as you please. But when a game has such a messy development cycle, it's easy to doubt any inside information, stuff keep changing and will change untill the last minute. My contact saw the demo a few months ago, and at that time, the avatar was the first character you play as, right after creating him/her.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

This game is also "not Generations 2!".

I'm not forcing anyone to believe me, you do as you please. But when a game has such a messy development cycle, it's easy to doubt any inside information, stuff keep changing and will change untill the last minute. My contact saw the demo a few months ago, and at that time, the avatar was the first character you play as, right after creating him/her.

Is there any chance that your source is a liar?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/5/2017 at 9:02 AM, The Deleter said:

Hide contents

Farewell, awesome Tyson Hesse Sonic drawing, I knew you well ;N;

Not like it's the first time. Lets not kid ourselves since the dreamcast era this franchise has delved into that area repeatedly. From all of Shadow's backstory to 06 as a whole.