Awoo.

Are You Going to Buy Sonic Forces?

Blue Blood

Simple enough question. Let's keep this civil. I'm just interested in the response from this community specifically.

Personally? Yes, I will be buying it. But I certainly won't be buying it new. Even at £25, I don't want to support this game so I'll get a pre-owned copy instead. I'm always particularly curious about Sonic games and want to experience them for myself. I even bought all three Boom games at launch. Not buying Forces new is my own way of saying "no thanks, SEGA".

On the flipside, I bought Mania for three platforms including one copy of the Collectors Edition and various pieces of merchandise for it.

How about you?

• Thumbs Up 8

My first Sonic game was Sonic 1, it was given as a gift, Sonic 2 was when I first asked for Sonic games or started to purchase them on my own for a system that I owned.

This will be the first Sonic game that I can play on a system that I own in which I will not buy day 1.

That's how well Sega have sold me on this game.

I've even spoken to my partner about it (also a member of SSMB who also loves Sonic), I offered to go halfs on it with her... even she doesn't want it or to go halfs. And yup we both played it at EGX.

Now if I'm offered a review code for it, or are given it as a gift I will play it, but as it stands right now, I will not put money down for this title. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm pretty excited for the story of Forces, and the potential for the modding community to mod the heck out of this game, so I'll hopefully be able to buy the game Day One for PC.

• Thumbs Up 3

I very rarely buy games at the price higher than 20 euros anyway (unless it's made by Respawn Entertainment, as they managed to gain my trust fully), so definitely not day one. Later down the road I might consider buying it.

And no, even if the game looked great, I wouldn't buy it at full price anyway. Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

EDIT: Then again, if specs for this game are good enough for the game to be playable on my laptop, I might consider caving in 23 euros on top of my 17 euros I have in my steam wallet from csgo skins. But first I need specs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm still thinking about it, but I'll most likely cave and buy it at some point. Can't entirely get rid of the soft spot I have for Sonic.

No, honestly. Nothing I've seen from this game has made me want to actually spend money on it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

At this point it's in the "if I find it in the bargain bin for like $5, maybe, just for a laugh" pile, alongside '06.

• Thumbs Up 4

No. Despite the game being priced at $40 I still have no desire to waste my money on forces. Someone else will waste their money buying it for me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

I can't see myself picking this up anywhere near release. That will be a first for a main series Sonic game (although I came pretty close to ignoring Unleashed and Colours after putting up with so many mediocre games before them) and it makes me a little sad. I'll probably play it further down the road when it receives an inevitable price drop, unless it looks really shite.

With Mania, I bought it on both PS4 and PC and will likely purchase it again for the Switch in future. Perhaps this is part the reason that I'm not willing to settle for another flawed 3D game. I can have a wonderful time with Mania when I want my Sonic fix.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, NikoS said:

well, y'see...

yeahboi.png

The question now is... will you take advantage of the no questions asked refund if you don't like it. Since Steam is really now the only place you can get a no questions asked refund if you've played the game.

Don't even think retail stores offer that anymore do they?

• Nice Smile 1

Sure, after a couple of years down the line when the price is down to 10 bucks or so. It's not the kind of game I would buy at day one. 

Yes, I've got it on day 1 pre-order and booked the release day off work.

I survived Rise of Lyric, what could possibly go wrong...? XD

• Promotion 1

Nope. Haven't bought a Sonic 3D platformer since Shadow the Hedgehog, the game that pretty much broke my faith in this series. I have so far skipped on 2k6, Secret Rings, Unleashed, Black Knight, Colors, Lost World, and the Boom games - and I don't regret it one bit. Time and money wisely saved in my opinion. I was going to get Generations since it actually looked kinda good, but I didn't own either of the consoles it was for and it doesn't run well on my computer, so eh, guess I'm not playing that one all the way through either.

I've bought a few Sonic games since then, but they've been titles I actually wanted to play, not titles I bought out of fandom obligation. I bought Mania and do not regret it. If I were to buy Forces, I wouldn't be able to say the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah day one.  Planning to get it on PC and Switch - playing PC first for the pretties unless it ends up being a janky port job.

Regardless of how cautiously unoptimistic I am about it, I want to experience it as raw as I possibly still can at this point to be sure all opinions formed are my own.

• Thumbs Up 6

I already passed on getting sonic lost world, I haven't posted any playthoughs or reviews on my channel yet and I will likely get some birthday money by the end of this month. odds are I'll get it for ps4 and try to make videos going though the avatar segments with the different animals/weapon mixes and hopefully be able to come up with a review summery for a seperate video.

5 options for me...

1. I for whatever reason impulse buy at launch, assuming I get a sustainable ammount of money first (very unlikely)

2. I end up buying it shortly after release if its better than expected or I get Hype enough after watching people I follow online play it on twitch or tweet interesting things about it on twitter

3. I wait for a price drop like a normal person, most likely will happen in a month or so if I'm lucky/keep an eye out.

4. I pirate it...not an issue for me but the incintive needs to be there for me to bother

5. The game manages to disintrest me so much if I choose to spoil the story for myself (might happen who knows) that I don't even bother playing the game at all. (nevermind Mania exists lol)

While I admit this scale is more on the positive spectrum, I don't see too many other people feeling differently...unless they absolutely hate what's been shown so far or on the flip side adore it...but whatever, I think these reasons are justified enough! :P

I will not buy it, definitely not. You see, this game has everything I hate about Sonic, Classic Sonic's presence, the Wisps, the Boost gameplay, 2D gameplay, the NPCs who talk to you, playable Character Creator, playable Shadow, Green Hill and Chemical Plant, Dr. Eggman, rings, springs, robots, boost pads, palmtrees, the list goes on and on. Basically every major Sonic thing I hate, who would ever buy this shit? Why am I wasting time on this forum?

Probably sometimes next year. I play mainly on PC so I won't be able to buy it used. I'll pick it up when it costs less than 15€, I'm not gonna spend more than that on this game. I am not even sure I will ever pick it up, I don't want to support it in any way.

On the other hand I bought Mania twice, once on Steam and a Collector's Edition for the Switch, so I've supported Sonic enough this year.