Awoo.

Are You Going to Buy Sonic Forces?

Blue Blood

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

The question now is... will you take advantage of the no questions asked refund if you don't like it. Since Steam is really now the only place you can get a no questions asked refund if you've played the game.

i didn't even knew about this "no question refund", it seems you need to have played the title for less than 2 hours and ask for the refund within 14 days, nice.

now about forces, i don't think it will be that big of a disappointment, but if it proves me wrong within 2 hours in, yeah sure

1 minute ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I will not buy it, definitely not. You see, this game has everything I hate about Sonic, Classic Sonic's presence, the Wisps, the Boost gameplay, 2D gameplay, the NPCs who talk to you, playable Character Creator, playable Shadow, Green Hill and Chemical Plant, Dr. Eggman, rings, springs, robots, boost pads, palmtrees, the list goes on and on. Basically every major Sonic thing I hate, who would ever buy this shit? Why am I wasting time on this forum?

This is some weird ass humor I'll give you that...

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely not at release. Probably not for a while afterwards either.

There are much better games coming out during the same period (Wolf 2, Mario, etc.) that I'd rather spend my money on. I might pick it up out of curiosity if it's available at a local Redbox since I could probably rent it for free and I don't expect the main campaign to last more than a few hours anyway.

Although at this point I'd be more than satisfied just watching a livestream of the game when it inevitably leaks a week before release.

I have it preordered. I have to give it a decent chance, I liked Generations after all. I also have to study it for my new cartoon and everything.

Yeah, sure. I know there's a lot of "it's just Generations but worse" going on, but that's still on some level "more Generations" which is something I've been wanting, so yeah I'll buy it.

Probably not day one, though. Maybe like, day four. I tend to procrastinate on buying things even if I know I'll love them.

('Still doesn't have Mania for whatever reason' club represent!)

It is worth saying that my hype level for the game has significantly decreased because of the way that impressions people both here and otherwise have presented the game. I mean, I should be more excited for this than I am, and I respect that most of the complaints about the game are right. At this point I've hardly even bothered defending some of the game's choices, I just don't think it compromises the game's strength enough to be considered wholly awful. The sentiment that it's the Sonic 4 of the boost games is the perfect metaphor, in that it'll probably sell a lot and do...questionably with critics, because of issues everyone except me seems to actually care about.

Hard pass. I can think of better things to do with my time than spend money on a vapid thoughtless squirt out someone's arse. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Day-one purchase. For all my complaints about the level design, this is still a 7/10 game, and it might be the first voice-acted story in the whole series that I can unironically enjoy. As in, the first story not bogged down by bad writing or bad presentation. 

Seeing the topic title reminded me that pre-orders had opened up so just pre-ordered it on PS4. 

Me personally? I doubt it. Playing it at EGX left me with no desire to buy the game, unless I happen to find it insanely cheap someday. My brother, however, will be buying the game on Xbox One close to launch, so I'll at least play the full game with his copy. If I somehow find myself satisfied by the end, I'll think about getting it for PS4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Duh, I preordered the bonus edition a while ago and I plan to buy it hopefully around launch day for PS4.

It's funny how despised this game is because ironically, this is the one Sonic game that's actually pulling me back to the series again, there's a lot of good things I love about this game and very minimalist issues I have!

Oh, and I never pre-ordered Mania, how about that? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Switch Version (morbid curiosity on final product performance) and PC.

I paid off the Switch version awhile ago and just need to buy the PC version either tomorrow or 2 weeks from now. I usually play and complete each Sonic game I get (didn't 100% boom) and usually drop my thoughts later and this will be no different.

Pre-ordered the bonus edition for Switch since it's not any more expensive than the regular game and it gives you additional outfits for the avatar editor (Which is actually something I'm really looking forward to, despite never being interested in Sonic OCs) and a Joy-Con skin, (Wish it was a Pro Controller skin instead, but oh well) though I might wait and see how the skin actually looks before I consider applying it. And yes, I'm aware that removing adhesive will damage the Joy-Con.

Probably not immediately. I'll be divided between buying Hat in Time (maybe), Mario Odyssey (very likely) and saving cash (somewhat).

Yes, I've got the PS4 Day One edition pre-ordered. The boost gameplay is one of my favourite Sonic gameplay styles and I'm sure Forces will be no exception considering I still enjoy Colours. I don't really give a shit if the level design is bland as long as it's still fun to play through. I'd take bland over frustrating any day of the week, again if it's fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you've seen my opinions on Forces over the past few months, you already know my answer is a resounding "yes".

Despite all the drama surrounding the game, I've attempted to remain as optimistic as possible. The story interests me, the character customization aspect interests me, and I don't mind a little more of Generations (so long as it does enough differently).

I want to form my own opinion of this game, and the only way to do that is to get my hands on it. So bring it on.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have already pre-ordered.

Now, now, put down your pitchforks, let me explain...

Yes, I pre-ordered already. BUT! I'm also going to PAX Aus, which Sonic Forces will probably show up at. If I like what I play, and like everything I see of it, I'll keep my pre-order. If I don't like what I play, I will cancel my pre-order and wait to see what the final game is actually like.

But why pre-order now?

Because I'd rather just get that out of the way instead of kicking myself over getting Forces or not.

Afraid I might skip it.

Not a fan of the whole "over-the-top inter reality and timeline" crossover trend.

That and custom characters aren't really my cup of soda.

The advertisements don't have me sold.

If others like it, that's fine. It's just not an ideal fit for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably. Level design does look bland but it still overall seems like something I'd enjoy. I'm planning on getting a Switch soon for Odyssey and since Forces comes out very soon after that I'll probably wait a few weeks until I'm done with Mario, since I like focusing on a single game at a time.

Yes. 

I'm not going to pre-order it but I'll still try and get it Day One. 

I'll be aware of the issues this board has brought up and I won't excuse them for any of it. However, as I've said before, I'm well aware of the kind of player I am and the kinds of things I personally can enjoy. Looking at Forces, I know it's a game I'll get more enjoyment out of then not. I honestly don't doubt that I might hold it in higher regard than Generations literally just because of the story, despite the factor of the level design that's present.

However, I'm coming more to terms with the fact that my priorities when I play games aren't exactly the same as everyone else here. Sometimes it sucks being a completely different person then everyone else, liking characters that aren't as popular, getting excited for the story and world building rather than how the level is designed and whether or not Sonic has rolling physics.

But as an adult, you've got to learn how to prioritize being happy and true to yourself. 

I won't defend any of the issues Forces has but just like with the Adventure games, I won't be afraid to admit I like it if I do.

So that's me.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't think I have anything to even run it on, and if I'll ever get a Switch, I won't be getting it on it anyway since it doesn't sound too stable there.

If I ever get a PS4 or my weak-ass laptop decides to transform into some kind of powerhouse desktop, then probably I will.

yes

15 minutes ago, MKG/Key said:

That and custom characters aren't really my cup of soda.

that phrase is so american it actually hurts

• Chuckle 1

Not really no. The story kind of, sort of, had my interest and Infinite just screams HAM! but I really don't care for it. I like games with fun trippy levels and Sonic Forces looks like it's taking all the wrong level cues from colours and lost world, plus the fan character creator is naff. I was looking forward to playing as my plant monster but instead I got 7 generic templates. The most disappointing thing to me is that it's nearly all mammals! Hey SEGA some Sonic fans have FC's that aren't mammals and 'generic birds' you know!  

I don't hate Forces like some folks do here but I don't like it either which means if I buy it I'll probably forget about it and it'll gather dust in my PS4 collection. I'd rather just play Crash at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 2