Awoo.

Are You Going to Buy Sonic Forces?

Blue Blood

It's a no for me. Last game I've played was Generations and I'm tired of solo Sonic. Classic Sonic being in that trailer just put me off. And no, the Custom Character and Shadow DLC isn't enough for me. I'll just watch cutscenes on YouTube to see if the other characters actually do something besides being helpless doormats who can't cross the street without Sonic.

More than likely I'll buy it day one. It will be with gift cards though so my own money is not going into this. 

YES! plain and simple to the point already preorder since it came up plus it got discounted for me so it won't cost much and I'm excited for it!

• Nice Smile 1

I am planning to get it. In fact, I preordered it. Despite the drama going on here and other sites, I am excited for this game, personally. I am willing to give it a chance and play it, and I think I shall enjoy it. Sure, some things about it could have been better, but they could have been worse as well. The bad things, to me, are not "end of the world" level at all. I am sure this will be a fine, enjoyable experience to me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Yeah, I'll be buying it. I'm really interested in playing through the story and I kinda wanna make my own character to buddy up with Sonic and the gang, so I'm looking forward to it.

And I'll definitely be doing a second playthrough where I make my character look as ridiculous as possible. ¦)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

No. I'm not really interested beyond watching what I perceive to be a train wreck slowly unraveling before my eyes. I want to like any new Sonic game so I keep hoping for a reason to get invested in Forces even a little more seriously but it has yet to present me with a reason to.

That said, knowing me, when and if it gets discounted down to like five or seven bucks, I'll probably pick it up.

Edit: If it comes out and I start to become more curious about experiencing the game first hand, I'll likely just redbox it, since it's not like I couldn't beat that thing in a night.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope.

I was sold from the reveal trailer because I thought it was just going to be Generations with original levels and slight improvements. I became less and less excited for the game as more of it was shown and now I'm only interested in the story and that's just because of it's connection to Mania. 

I might buy it when it comes down to £10, which will probably be a week after release at this rate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah despite how critical I don't want this game to be bad or anything. I'm most likely gonna get this day one or something. Plus my channel is gonna do a LP of it and i might as well get it so I can contribute to the conversation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll get it eventually, when discounted. But yeah, no fuck pre-orders, so no won't be doing that. The game will be available guaranteed so there's no reason to support a shitty business practice with no benefits to me, the consumer. Unless we're talking a KH collectors edition (which is literally limited) or something, I never pre-order.

Buying it, but not new obviously. Like the OP I'm getting it pre-owned. If the game IS good however, as in, receiving positive reviews from fans and critics alike then I'll buy it new. Maybe. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I have trouble believing that this many users are going to wait long enough for a discount, especially starting at a low price to begin with. The discussions will be rampant, it will get reviews on par with Lost World or above, and it will permeate the community for months before any kind of sale. 

Personally, I've invested too much time just talking about the damn game not to get it on release, even if it turns out to be a big pile of shit. 

38 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

It's a no for me. Last game I've played was Generations and I'm tired of solo Sonic. Classic Sonic being in that trailer just put me off. And no, the Custom Character and Shadow DLC isn't enough for me. I'll just watch cutscenes on YouTube to see if the other characters actually do something besides being helpless doormats who can't cross the street without Sonic.

If they release 6 more DLC characters, would you buy? If they randomly tossed in Mario and Rabbids, would it be better? On topic though, I don’t have the consoles to play it.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

If they release 6 more DLC characters, would you buy? If they randomly tossed in Mario and Rabbids, would it be better?

I mean, yeah, kinda?

6 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I have trouble believing that this many users are going to wait long enough for a discount, especially starting at a low price to begin with. The discussions will be rampant, it will get reviews on par with Lost World or above, and it will permeate the community for months before any kind of sale. 

I have already seen discounts for Forces that knock its price down by ten bucks, and the game doesn't even come out for another month. I don't think anybody will have to wait too long if they're looking to pick the game up for cheap.

• Chuckle 1

Yes I'm buying Forces for PS4. Why? well:

1) It's nice to finally have another new modern Sonic game release on a PlayStation console! Six years has been too long a wait.

2) I want to at least give it a try. Hell, I might even like it not bloody likely.

3) My nephews would hate me if I didn't. After all I was the one who got them into Sonic, haha XD

Yep, already have the PS4 version preordered and will probably double dip for the PC version to. I'm just holding back a bit on that one in hopes that Denuvo is the only thing the version has going against it. At this point I've figured that if I could swallow it for Mania, I'll do the same for Forces.

Especially with this potential modding scene that's about to get started oooh boi XD

• Thumbs Up 2

It's only about $30 with GCU at Best Buy, and this includes the preorder bonuses. I may wait for a sale but it's not that insulting of a price to me.

Down the road, eventually. Just like I did it with Lost World. 

Won't buy it new, games are waaaaay overpriced around here. Usually, I could close my eyes and buy it, heck, I would have bought Mania for twice the price, because that game really got me hyped to play. But Forces? I'm as excite for it as a visit to the dentist.

Nope. I don´t have a machine that could run it and besides basically no hype for me. Over complicated story, I guess, as well.

1 hour ago, booblur98 said:

yes

that phrase is so american it actually hurts

That's just it. I am American. :P

1311723169535.jpg

Maybe I'll get it on a discount some day. If someone gifts it to me, I'll play it. But I'm not paying full price for this.

I bought Mania multiple times to send the message. Sega has my money, but not for Forces.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

As much as I think this game will be mediocre at best, I'll still try to grab a physical copy of the PS4 version as soon as it's available in my country, and I'll probably be paying an extra $10 for it, but I'll take it.

I know that makes me sound like a hypocrite and a fanboy, but that's how much I'm still starving for Sonic content, even after finishing Mania 4 times. Besides, I feel like I'm gonna get spoiled on a lot of story and level stuff if I don't get it early, and I want to be surprised by this game just like with Sonic Mania (if Forces even could surprise me, anyway), to give Forces a fair chance at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably, honestly as much as I dislike pretty much everything about this game we've seen gameplay wise (and while story is nice this is still a platformer) i'm going to get it anyway because I really want to believe that what they've shown us is pretty much the worst part of the game and the rest is gold. Sides, its only 3D sonic (if I can even call it 3D at this point) that we're getting for a while so i'll take what I can get at this point.

I'll probably wait for a price drop since I'm going through some financial woes right now. I don't think my laptop can run it anyway.