Awoo.

Are You Going to Buy Sonic Forces?

Blue Blood

Nope, I got better games to be playing. If I do get this game, it'll be strictly for streaming purposes.

Maybe if Forces was on sale for one-eighth of the price, like it was the same cost of a few cups of coffee, curiosity might get the better of me. But otherwise, I hold no interest in buying it. Not a fan of many of the design choices taken with its gameplay and elements of its story (a shame too, because I do like the basic premise); and I don't want to make a (significant) contribution of support for those design choices.

Besides, I prefer buying my games on consoles (though I've made two exceptions this year for PC with Mania and Cuphead); and I don't have a eighth-gen console to play it on.

• Thumbs Up 1

No I won't be getting Sonic Forces. I look at everything shown so far and its like an amalgamation of Sonic based short coming and tropes I couldn't stand or got tired of.

• Automation and needless boostpads in spots that aren't needed (Sonic 4)
  • A brand new threat greater than Eggman you'll have to Super Sonic to death (Pretty much every 3D game from the dark age)
  • Rather uninspired 2D sections that you can plainly see were an afterthought and lack a certain flow or identity (Lost World)
  • The lack of any 3D exploration and failing to build off of the greatest treatement of the boost gameplay from Generations
  • More badly implemented genesis-esque music
  • Tired QTE's that don't enhance or properly lend itself to the gaming experience (Unleashed, Colors)
  • The constant need to revisit old zones again.
  • Shoving Wisps in a game not built with them in mind (Lost World)

Even the character creator the one thing I was interested in seeing turns out to play like garbage. There's nothing for me in this game.

Spoiler

Though I am secretly manipulating Kuzu into buying it. Just for laughs.

• Thumbs Up 6

Normally I never buy games Day One, but this is first Sonic game in long time that tries to appeal to my tastes, so I owe them that.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:39 PM, Miragnarok said:

If they release 6 more DLC characters, would you buy? If they randomly tossed in Mario and Rabbids, would it be better? On topic though, I don’t have the consoles to play it.

If the DLC characters had the same number of stages as Sonic then yes. 3 Stages per character doesn't sound that exciting.

Besides I want the.non-Sonic characters story be included the moment I get the game not just a last minute after thought.

8 hours ago, knuckles20 said:

If the DLC characters had the same number of stages as Sonic then yes. 3 Stages per character doesn't sound that exciting.

Besides I want the.non-Sonic characters story be included the moment I get the game not just a last minute after thought.

A bit off topic, but do you guys think there will be more playable characters via DLC? Just wondering.

21 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

A bit off topic, but do you guys think there will be more playable characters via DLC? Just wondering.

If there is, it'll probably be Sonic clones like Blaze and Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, being "Sonic but slightly changed" is the reason people liked playing as Tails, Knuckles and Blaze.

3 hours ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Maybe Blaze to explain where she was during these events. 

29 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I mean, being "Sonic but slightly changed" is the reason people liked playing as Tails, Knuckles and Blaze.

Yeah, only worry I have is if sonic team will go the extra mile in designing levels around them or just giving them an ability and calling it a day. Sure you can probably lame out and just make blaze a carbon copy of sonic whose immune to fire but it'd be really odd if they just ignored tails and knuckles' abilities in favor of just having them there as skins. More playable characters is nice, but I wouldn't want to have sega believe that all I want are them on a superficial level since pretty much everyone and their mother has done that to some degree with sonic generations already.

I want Forces for the mods, at the very least. I'm honestly a little torn; The game will feature the best graphics the series has had to date thanks to the version of HE its running not being cut down like Generations and (especially) lost world were. Modern Sonic gameplay is bound to be fun, and the story looks at least somewhat interesting. But, then there's Classic Sonic, and his lack of momentum/half-baked physics. There's the returning stages for the 1000th time, and a new gameplay mode that I'm not sure about just yet. And there's also Denuvo in the PC release; At this point, I'm not sure what that means for potential mods (Mania seems to be doing well enough for itself at the moment in that department), but if it hinders the modding community in any way, I'm going to be less than pleased.

It comes down to this: Right now, I can say for certain that I want 1/3rd of this game for the gameplay, even if I'm not at all interested in Green Hill or Chemical Plant. Whether or not I can get $40 of entertainment out of Forces remains to be seen, but I'm strongly leaning towards "I can't".

I'll probably get it on sale. There's simply too much other great stuff coming out right now for me to gamble $40 on Forces; A Hat in Time needs my cash.

I'll get it for PS4, because I already have one and can't afford a Switch at the moment.

I looked online and I saw that the digital bonus edition includes Modern Sonic and Shadow avatar costumes. Does the physical NA bonus edition also include these? I'd rather get this game physical. 

I’ll wait for impressions to come out before I decide how much to pay for this - considering the game is already being released at a cheaper price I’m curious if it’ll stay there for some time. I am intrigued enough, with the recent footage and tidbits, to not throw the game away yet.

(I can see this game selling well though)

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, StriCNYN3 said:

Short answer: 

Long answer:

Honestly, this game's just completely devoid of everything I like about Sonic and everything I hoped for... even when I settled for less as time went on when figuring what this game's all about.

After Lost World came out, I was hoping Sega was going to rework yet follow and push that same concept forward and harder than ever, as even though it's definitely not my favorite Sonic game, I felt that philosophy they had there had the most potential to set things right for 3D Sonic. Sega in my eyes were seemingly passionate about bettering themselves, as it looked like Unleashed - Generations was evident of this. 4 years pass since SLW's release, and instead, for Forces, we got a retread of Sonic Colors. Initially, while still greatly disappointed, I wasn't as opposed to them going back to the boost formula back then as I am today. I do like the boost games after all, but I was just praying that as long as Sega improved and expanded upon both Modern and Classic Sonic's mechanics and handling, then I'd still give this game a shot and keep this on my radar. When I found out that that was apparently too much to ask for, it was all downhill from there. Now I'm at the point where I'm worrying and bargaining for proper zone theming and utilization for this game...

As much as I love Sonic with this franchise being one of my favorite platformers of all time, it's really not hard for me to completely bypass games I feel just aren't cutting it. After buying it day one, I quickly resold Shadow the Hedgehog two days in, skipped Sonic 06 completely after the 360 demo and avoided the Storybook games like the bubonic plague. I'll easily quick step away from buying this game, too. Not with this game's level design, music, limited CAC options / weapon ideas and the same 3 ass enemies in the entire game who seemingly can't function properly.

The most I'll be "buying" is more time for watching Let's Plays just to clue myself in with the story (It does seem the most interesting take we've gotten in quite some time) and see what else the gameplay has in store. But despite all the things I say and feel about this game though, I'm still hoping that they at least make the most of what they have for this game, because even though it failed me completely, I'd at least hope it's still fun and worth continue buying for the people who do like what they see in Forces. It's no point to see it fail when Sega can't seem to learn from right and wrong regardless. They're just going to do whatever the ball on the roulette wheel of ideas lands on anyway as far as I'm concerned, so. Better luck next time for me

Wow. Excellent reply. You mirror my thoughts almost exactly.

This game really has none of the series charm or gameplay nuance that I buy for. 

I've definitely been one who has long been holding out for a proper 3D gameplay interpretation of the classic games (Something like Sonic 3, in 3D) as I think it is the best way forward for Sonic but I've also had fun with the boost games too. But this game seems to have regressed somewhat on the things that made Unleashed-Generations enjoyable as well. 

I don't think it will be an '06 level disaster but it kind of stinks that such a low bar ought to be used for Sonic Team and me as a sucker who has supported them through most of their efforts for the last 20 years of a rollercoaster ride.

I too can find another series to partake in that offers fun and rewarding gameplay, even if a different genre. If I had a switch I'd definitely be buying Mario Odyssey.

• Thumbs Up 4

I may wait to see how the reception is first. The game intrigues me but I've seen some shakey gameplay footage and nothing really to get me excited. 

If it's mediocre or mixed, I'll wait until it's on sale. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, already preordered it, the game is not that expensive in comparison to AAA stuff, plus this game on PC will be a goldmine for mods.

Short answer: No.

The game really seems to be focusing very much on the fanservice rather than the gameplay. And if this is the whole buying argument of Sega than I do not have to spend  my money on this. In our modern days with the internet we can easily go on video platforms like Youtube and watch all the cutscenes and listen to all of the soundtracks their. I do not need to buy the game for that. And when it comes to the avatar creation. I personally never created my own Sonic OC so their for this is also nothing for me. 

I have to skip this game and have to wait for the next game of the franchise. Hopefully another Sega All-Stars game because those where the last Sonic games I had really fun with. 

I wasn't going to buy it for PC due to Sega including Denuvo in it. After watching the Space Port footage, I decided that I'm not going to buy any version.

On 10/18/2017 at 4:29 AM, Sir Laptop said:

Yeah, already preordered it, the game is not that expensive in comparison to AAA stuff, plus this game on PC will be a goldmine for mods.

I forgot pc is getting it. Definite getting it there to. Mods will be a goldmine

Persona 5 costumes galore

• Thumbs Up 1