Awoo.

A Returning Zone Spotted in Sonic Forces

Psychicmoose103

I'm pretty hyped about it. If like scar said, we go inside of it.

God. Ever since Sonic Unleashed debuted the boost gameplay I've been waiting and waiting for a proper outer space stage that Sonic is known for in GLORIOUS FUR KAY 60fps HDR next gen graphics. 

I hope this is it.

Don't fail me SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm honestly just tired of all the references and reuse. I don't trust Sonic Team to actually treat...anything with respect anymore.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 2

Could this finally resolve the big Little Planet problem that’s been going on for FIVE YEARS at this point?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

I hope it's an actual level. I don't think we've had a "legit" space station zone in a "main" Sonic since...what, SA2? I guess Colours sorta counts.

That aside, I figured we'd see a Death Egg since well...why else would they still be calling the sentinels "Death Egg Robots"? Makes sense they'd be built there.

• Thumbs Up 9

In hindsight it actually seems obvious that the Death Egg was to reappear since Sonic Team apparently have no creative ideas anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

That aside, I figured we'd see a Death Egg since well...why else would they still be calling the sentinels "Death Egg Robots"?

Well, that's what they're already known as. And the name still makes enough sense without the Death Egg being around; rather than "robots of the death egg", they're "egg robots of death".

• Thumbs Up 4

I am excited to see the Death Egg return. Now they just have to bring back Eggmanland from Sonic Unleashed and I am all set. Eggmanland should be the amusement park level of the game. As for the Death Egg, I wonder how it will look as a level?

• Thumbs Up 3

Not really surprised considering they teased it back in June 

DLfG57EVAAAEE-S.jpg

Look at the whiteboard it says "Project Death Egg Sigma" 

• Thumbs Up 3

49 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Simple topic. Here's the image in question

DLe___jX0AEdsZ9.jpg

Thoughts?

I'm kind of disappointed this "Death Egg Sigma" (According to the tease on Sonic's YouTube channel) doesn't have a unique design. They could've at least made it a different color or put a "Σ" on it. (Capcom might sue, but they stopped caring about that franchise years ago)

As it stands, though, I just hope this new LucasArts tribute has some cool level design and narrative presence. (I still say that screenshot makes it look like the Death Egg has spotted the finest ass on the planet)

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well, that's what they're already known as. And the name still makes enough sense without the Death Egg being around; rather than "robots of the death egg", they're "egg robots of death".

You're right, technically it could still work, but it's hard not to see or hear that name and instantly think of the Death Egg.

10 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'm kind of disappointed this "Death Egg Sigma" (According to the tease on Sonic's YouTube channel) doesn't have a unique design. They could've at least made it a different color or put a "Σ" on it. (Capcom might sue, but they stopped caring about that franchise years ago)

At least it has a frown instead of that smug grin. It's something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thumbs Up 1

If it weren't for the constant nostalgia recurrence, this would be neat. 

Like, this game could've brought back all of Eggman's big guns...alongside new stuff. He's taken all of the world except the 1%, we could've seen the Egg Carrier, Egg Emperor, Death Egg Robot 2,  etc. All of Eggman's more respectable creations.

A 3D Death Egg level would be cool to playthrough, but I'm sure it'll have some 2D thrown into the mix here. Eh.

I don't feel strongly either way about the Death Egg possibly returning as a playable level. Though, I've always seen it as Eggman's most grand and proudest creation (Well, other than Metal Sonic), so if he's attempting to bring it back once more in Forces, then yeah, YEEEHAAAAA, bring it back Eggman and do what you gotta do! All it does for me is make the story a tad bit more interesting.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

I still think they should have been called Egg Destroyers (Star Destroyers), to match up with the Death Egg (Death Star).

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually love the idea of playing a 3D Death Egg zone in a modern Sonic game... it's been a long time... well kinda, there was the one in Sonic 4 EP 2... but it was barely a zone and more just a boss rush. I'll be disappointed if it ends up not a zone or just a small boss rush level again.

Little sad they didn't give it bit of a new design to make it feel like it's suppose to be a new model Eggman made recently. But it's still ok as is.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am pretty sure its in the game and you go into it mid or toward the end. Besides the story interview it makes sense when the guy says Chemical Spaceport. That would mean more than likely either you need to travel to a frozen over chemical plant eggman most likely thought no one would get to (it being frozen over) and using it to get to the death egg to fight infinite.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Could this finally resolve the big Little Planet problem that’s been going on for FIVE YEARS at this point?

No, Sonic 4 isn't canon fuhgeddaboutit

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I'm honestly just tired of all the references and reuse. I don't trust Sonic Team to actually treat...anything with respect anymore.

Pretty much. They're basically using the past as a crutch to hold up the present. At this point I wouldn't even call it playing it safe. They're just being lazy...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

I don't know why I don't feel excited at all. I'm not disappointed or happy about it, it's just "okay that's cool I guess". The references to the past have been so overdone at this point that they lost their effect.

• Thumbs Up 5