Awoo.

A Returning Zone Spotted in Sonic Forces

Psychicmoose103

4 hours ago, Razule said:

No, Sonic 4 isn't canon fuhgeddaboutit

Until suddenly it is, but strictly to MODERN Sonic. Blame the Phantom Ruby and that black ball thing. ‘Member the black ball? 

36 minutes ago, -Justin- said:

I'm very excited about the Death Egg returning! 

Yup, me as well. Always wanted a 3D Death Egg stage. I hope its more complicated than the stages we've seen so far. I mean, DE is huge so it could be split into two or three phases and have the pre-final boss fight inside its core (cuz I'm pretty sure we'll get a Super Sonic battle in space...).

• Thumbs Up 2

I always found the Death Egg to be nakedly derivative. It's a Star Wars ripoff. Would really prefer not to play on it, or for it to at least be named something else. 

Well, we all suspected it was going to be in, and here it is.  I agree that it would have been nice to see a new design, but I assume they're just reusing the Generations model.  Well, it's not like you actually see the exterior that much - unless they actually turn it into a major threat that looms over most of the game, that is.  ...Now that I've thought of that, honestly it would be really cool to see the Death Egg actually do something other than eject countless Eggrobos.

Yeah I figured it was returning, but I'm confused, between the 3 classic returning zones, "a lot of returning modern stages" according to Iizuka, and the new stages, how many zones does this game have?

7 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Yeah I figured it was returning, but I'm confused, between the 3 classic returning zones, "a lot of returning modern stages" according to Iizuka, and the new stages, how many zones does this game have?

Probably roughly about 10 zones. In 1 of the interviews I think it was said that this game will be close to Generations in length.

Jokes aside it definitely wasn't a slip up because Iizuka meant that, besides the classic stages, there would be modern stages too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else get a SA2 vibe with the pyramid and Death Egg (instead of the Ark of course)? If so I really hope we get the Space Shuttle launch again ?

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's just a reused asset.

That's really quite an unfounded and un-equipped bout of conjecture you're running there.

Either that or its just assumptive bad comedy. Either one being detrimental to the topic at hand,  unless you have evidence. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

It's just a reused asset.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

That's really quite an unfounded and un-equipped bout of conjecture you're running there.

Either that or its just assumptive bad comedy. Either one being detrimental to the topic at hand,  unless you have evidence. 

It's literally the exact same model you can see in the background of Generations' Sky Sanctuary - come on now.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, andrew2 said:

It's literally the exact same model you can see in the background of Generations' Sky Sanctuary - come on now.

In a concept art card? Show me the actual game footage and then we'll talk. 

Besides the face isn't even the same. 

Not to mention,  being able to go inside would negate Jango's claim even further. 

• Thumbs Up 3

What about the scene where Sonic falls into a space station/base in the Story trailer? I thought that gave it away.

That's all the reason necessary to bring back more than just the Death Egg.

Actually, he doesn't need the Death Egg anymore, he could have a base anywhere...

I’m sort of hoping Sonic Forces represents the end of the existing Sonic continuity as we know it. The game looks more and more to have a “series finale” vibe to it. Almost every big bad from the franchise’s history is back from Metal Sonic to Chaos and Zavok. Eggman has taken over the world and even the Death Egg has returned.

Intentionally or not, it feels like an ending to something, especially with the collision of the Classic and Modern “dimensions.” Perhaps something new awaits us on the other side of this game.

• Thumbs Up 6

37 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I’m sort of hoping Sonic Forces represents the end of the existing Sonic continuity as we know it. The game looks more and more to have a “series finale” vibe to it. Almost every big bad from the franchise’s history is back from Metal Sonic to Chaos and Zavok. Eggman has taken over the world and even the Death Egg has returned.

Intentionally or not, it feels like an ending to something, especially with the collision of the Classic and Modern “dimensions.” Perhaps something new awaits us on the other side of this game.

I kind of hope, after forces, everything goes back to normal in a way? No throwbacks, no crossovers, no recycled stuff, just brand new, everything in it new classic and modern games.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I kind of hope, after forces, everything goes back to normal in a way? No throwbacks, no crossovers, no recycled stuff, just brand new, everything in it new classic and modern games.

Does that still include true continuity?

14 hours ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

In a concept art card? Show me the actual game footage and then we'll talk. 

Besides the face isn't even the same. 

Not to mention,  being able to go inside would negate Jango's claim even further. 

Jango's claim is that the asset seen in the shot is reused.

That claim is correct. Sure, they changed the smile a little bit, but that doesn't change the fact that the 3D model has been reused, or do you think Death Egg model from Sonic 4 Episode II is also not reused because they recoloured and deleted some parts?

The onus of proof is on you to show that the model in that shot - or anywhere else - is created specifically for this game and not reused from work on a previous title and then we'll talk.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, the only thing that would get me remotely interested in seeing the Death Egg again would be if it was more like this one:

latest?cb=20120429111626

Not necessarily in design, but at least in the sense of 'Eggman built a Death Egg over the Little Planet'. It could not only provide a Death Egg level, but also a corrupted Sonic CD stage too. (Preferably not Stardust Speedway or Metallic Madness again, but one of the more underused levels. Quartz Quadrant or Tidal Tempest, maybe?)

• Thumbs Up 5

22 hours ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I don't understand what would be the benefit of doing something like that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I don't understand what would be the benefit of doing something like that. 

Starting fresh and trying to build up something that isn't a mess.