Awoo.

Chronicles' Place in the Timeline

TheOGB

Okay, so we all know (we should know by now) that the Gizoids in Chronicles are recognized by Sonic and the crew and even the Nocturnus are aware (to some extent) of the Emerl incident. But, neither Eggman nor Sonic & co. react to them in regards of Gemerl, who, at the end of Advance 3, was staying with Cream.

So I was just wondering: could Chronicles have happen before Advance 3? Simple enough. I was just pondering this the other day and wanted to hear your thoughts on the matter.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• Frozen Nitrogen

• JaidynReiman

• TheOGB

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. G-Mel (NOT Gemerl) was a one-time appearance. He's probably still around, but he was essentially just a recreation of Emerl. Just because he wasn't brought up doesn't mean he wasn't staying with Cream. But if you look back to Sonic Rush, G-Mel isn't with Cream and Vanilla, anyway. He seems to have been forgotten all-together.

Even then, there's no way Sonic Advance could possibly take place after Sonic Chronicles. Chronicles is too far extended in the future. First of all, there's a two-year lapse after taking down Eggman for the last time, and then *minor spoilers*

another 1-3 year lapse on Earth during the time Sonic and Co. were in the Twilight Cage

Sorry, not buying it.

I'm really not sure where to put Chronicles in the timeline, I think BioWare got ahead of themselves with the years thing, because really, not a single continuity year has passed since Sonic 1 (ahar) due to all the characters being the same age 'n' stuff.

In no time, there will be another character introduced who would protect the planet while Sonic and co. were away, leading me to believe that Chronicles would have to be set before then at least. Also, I do think Gemerl could return. Dimps had involvement with him and also Sonic Rush, so maybe they could bring him back at some point, and I definitely see BioWare picking up on his story at some point.

As for his name. G-Mel, Gemerl, I have no idea. I've seen some places that say "It's NOT G-Mel" and some that say "NOT Gemerl".

I'm really not sure where to put Chronicles in the timeline, I think BioWare got ahead of themselves with the years thing, because really, not a single continuity year has passed since Sonic 1 (ahar) due to all the characters being the same age 'n' stuff.

It was my understanding that some versions of the game don't have this "Two years later" bit, replacing it merely with "some time later", which solves that problem entirely.

As for Gemerl (lol, naming conventions) post-SA3, is there actually any evidence that he lives with Cream and Vanilla for an extended period at all? You get a single scene that shows him playing with Cream and some birds, and that's it. After Tails reactivated him, he might have stayed with the rabbits for all of five minutes, then gone off to Walk The Earth on his own, either Sonic-style wanderlust or Omega-style MUST KILL ALL OTHER ROBOTS.

So the fact that no-one mentions him in Chronicles might be because only Tails and Cream are aware he survived Nonaggression at all, and even those two didn't really get to see much of him after the reprogramming.

He did play with Cream throughout the whole credits, and when she tripped he came back to comfort her... So if he did abandon her it probably wasn't in a dark way.

He did play with Cream throughout the whole credits, and when she tripped he came back to comfort her... So if he did abandon her it probably wasn't in a dark way.

Damn. I really should learn to check things before I post wild theories. O WELL.